Author Topic: OCed at a Tea Party. Asked to leave.  (Read 5538 times)

stainless1911

OCed at a Tea Party. Asked to leave.
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »
There  was a tea party at the corner of telegraph, and walton in Pontiac today, so I naturally popped in. I met Sherriff Bouchard, shook his hand, and thanked him for his service, as one of his bodyguards eyballed me really hard. I was annoyed and amused at the same time.

I also spoke with Dave Robertson, Republican running for state senator. He was not at all preturbed by the XD. I asked him if he would support my right to open carry. He did genuinely support OC, and our A2 rights, he was very interested in OC, I gave him a card, and he asked me to email some info about us. I will get on that this evening. Anything you guys want me to add when I email him? He is seeking the seat of a dumbocrat who has met her term limit. I dont recall her name.

Then it happened, this guy pulled me aside, saying that I would have to conceal, or put it in my car. To his credit, he explained to me that it was the owner of the property we were on had stipulated that if they could use the property, there could be no open firearms, and no crazy costumes. He was very polite, and apologetic. I explained that I was suprised to run into that at a tea party, and he was kind of shooting himself in the foot, but I would comply.

RobertsonForSenate@hotmail.com Dave Robertson

Offline SpringerXDacp

• AmmoDump
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: OCed at a Tea Party. Asked to leave.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Not that it really matters now, but, did you mean Dixie Hwy and Walton Blvd?  Or, Dixie Hwy and Telegraph Rd?

stainless1911

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:42 PM »
No. Walton and Telegraph. Its at the end of the new stretch built a couple years ago through jaycee park. Starts by Aldi grocery store near Kennet, and goes to Walton, theres a BP on the corner, and its right by RKST. The lot usually has used cars on it.

Offline SpringerXDacp

• AmmoDump
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
No. Walton and Telegraph. Its at the end of the new stretch built a couple years ago through jaycee park. Starts by Aldi grocery store near Kennet, and goes to Walton, theres a BP on the corner, and its right by RKST. The lot usually has used cars on it.

I did not know that...thanks for the correction.  I haven't been down that way in a lot of years.  In fact, the last time I was in that area (15 years+ ago) I was at the flea market at Telegraph and Dixie with relatives.

Offline dtmartin408

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
I have a question i keep seeing you ocing at these tea party's what are they?

stainless1911

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 09:24:11 PM »
the tea parties?

A peaceful grassroots protest that is sweeping the nation, based on the boston tea party in colonial times. People get together, and picket, to protest the loss and degradation of our constitution, our nation as a whole, taxation, health care, gun control, and other things of that nature.

Offline sasha601

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
So, this happenned on the corner of Walton & Telegraph? Were oyu on a public pathway, then? In this case what private owner this plaincloth person was talking about. If you were on a public sidewalk, then no private owner rule should apply. Can you clarify?

stainless1911

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:10 AM »
I suppose I could have moved off the lawn to the sidewalk, but that would have been kinda rude.