Author Topic: asked to leave Target  (Read 3880 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
asked to leave Target
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »
went into Target (commerce) today and made it with a cart all the way back to electronics before i was approached by 2 employees and could tell by the look on them they weren't going to point me towards cat food. the younger guy said "you have a gun here". i said "yes it's legal". he said yes we know but our store has a no firearm policy". i said ok and asked if i can pay and go. they said no we better get you out and they had guest complaints. i pointed that i had been in there several times before without a problem and threw my carhart on and asked if that were ok. they said ok. they left and returned a minute later and said they had a carrier in their store a year ago who's weapon accidentally discharged in there and they were avoiding that. i asked if the recent events in arizona were a factor and they said yes probably. told them i was almost done and left.
the ironic part was i was there looking to get a digital voice recorder for just that very thing. never got it. couldn't find a can opener either.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Bronson

Re: asked to leave Target
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:09:24 AM »
they had a carrier in their store a year ago who's weapon accidentally discharged in there and they were avoiding that.

Possible, but I doubt it.  They were most likely lying to you.  Cite or it didn't happen (that's directed at them, not you).

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: asked to leave Target
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
Yep I call BS as that is one police report the news media would have splashed all over the news.

They were using the usual tired tactic... first blame corporate as that should intimidate you and then make up a story about an ND to bring you around to their side when the first failed..
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."