Author Topic: OC in Wyandotte first time OCing.  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Kalvin6996

OC in Wyandotte first time OCing.
« on: December 10, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
Well after the seminar last night, i felt really confident and went out today and bought me a nice retention holster and a nice sony voice recorder. After that I figured i wanted to go out and take my dog for a walk, walked around for about a half hour didn't really even get that much attention was even walking on busy roads even though i was walking with the holster facing the stores and not the street. Had a guy run up to me and start talking to me about my dog and how he had a similar one that just passed away recently so he was really happy to see a dog that looked just like his did. Started heading home and noticed this copy and fax place so i was like oh I will have to go up their and fax this direct deposit sheet that i will be using for work so when i got home grabbed the paper work and put it in a folder and starting walking up that way again everyone barely noticed i was even carrying i was pretty surprised. Got to the fax place walked right in and start talking to the guy and told him how this place wasn't getting my faxes from home nor the library for some odd reason but everything went smooth he didn't even look at my holster nor ask any questions everything went great fax went through and i was on my way. A view cops even drove by don't think they realized i was carrying but this was a good first time OCing for me and am a lot more confident, even though i expect not every time OCing to go as good but it feels damn good! Can't wait for the next OC seminar around Metro Detroit or OC event. Thanks again guys! Carry on  ;)

Offline fozzy71

Re: OC in Wyandotte first time OCing.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 03:56:38 PM »
Congrats.  That is how I started OC'ing, when walking my dog.  Now I dont leave home without it, and the only time I conceal it is when it's too cold and I put on a Jacket.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »
 ;D

Way to go Kal. My 1st OC - I walked right down in front of the driveway that my towns police cars leave from. I got a couple of nods but that was it. I figured "might as well go right to the source". Since then have been all over town with no problems from any businesses or citizens. I think OC is much more known since the Royal Oak Arts Beats & Eats debate hit the news. ::) Leave it to Mr. Patterson to give us even more media time ;)

Carry on Sir!

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »
I have dear ones in Wyandotte.  Congrats and carry on!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).