Author Topic: Sweet!  (Read 13415 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline northofnowhere

Re: Sweet!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
I'm sorry someone felt so desperate they had to steal from another individual, I'm sorry our social and mental services failed the fallen man, I'm sorry his family has to lose someone this way, but I am not sorry that he is gone.  Robbing pizza delivery guys seems to be a rising tide in the news this past few years.  I only wish the delivery man gets over the trauma of having to take a life, but better to take a life then to have your life taken.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
I can't help but to picture the pizza guy biting a cigar and saying "What do you want on your Tombstone?". ::)
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »
Important to note his ability and soundness of mind, to draw his weapon on an individual that technically had the drop on him.  Important to note that having a round chambered is important.   We don't know for certain if he did, but the news story would have us make that conclusion.   

1 of 2 things will happen.  This type of story will make such individuals think twice about robbing Pizza guys... or, they will become more aggressive in their approach.     

I'm not currently the "MI Pistol" kind of guy....but I'm working on plans to make use of an extra 870 chambered for 3 1/2.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »
Anytime a lawful gun owner saves a life(usually their own) with firearm, it is a good day for 2A rights. Anyone who is against lawful firearm carry needs to explain to me how this situation would have been better ending with the pizza guy dead after being robbed. Myself, I'd rather not find out if the armed robber isn't worried about a victim who can testify against him.

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 04:58:16 PM »
I can't help but to picture the pizza guy biting a cigar and saying "What do you want on your Tombstone?". ::)

Gold Jerry, GOLD!!!!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
God bless all armed Law Abiding Citizens. Carry On. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:27:14 PM »
file this one under -THAT'S WHAT HE GETS. my guess was the pizza guy with situational awareness saw the assailants approaching and knew what was coming and probably already had his weapon in hand still concealed so when the robber got the drop on him the last thing the robber heard was BAM BAM.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »
"Police said the masked men had tried to pull off the robbery with a fake gun." Hahahahaha!
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26944027/detail.html

Sounds like they brought a fake gun to a shootout.    :D

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
"Police said the masked men had tried to pull off the robbery with a fake gun." Hahahahaha!

That brings up a question that I think I know the answer to but have never got a clear answer if you are using a fake item in this case a handgun are you still charged with the real version of its crime. As an example a robber using a fake gun still charged with armed robbery? (I know that some people say that the crime should be as is and not what else you possess I don't care about that side but I agree).

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »

That brings up a question that I think I know the answer to but have never got a clear answer if you are using a fake item in this case a handgun are you still charged with the real version of its crime. As an example a robber using a fake gun still charged with armed robbery? (I know that some people say that the crime should be as is and not what else you possess I don't care about that side but I agree).

Yes, If you rob someone with a fake gun,you Can be charged with armed robbery if you are caught.

you can also be charged for armed robbery for telling the victim that you are armed,without actually producing the weapon.

for example: A guy walks into a bank  and tells the teller he has a gun in his pocket,and this is a stick up.This would be considered armed robbery
even if  he was caught and had no weapon on his person at all.  because the implication was there.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
Absolutely true- it does not have to be real. Also, the other gentlemen who were involved can be charged with assault, brandishing, armed robbery, felony murder. If one does it, they're all 'guilty', even if they're the get-away driver, lookout, or just helped plan the robbery (conspiracy). I believe felony murder is mandatory life w/o parole.

Just finished up a case in GR in Federal court along the same lines. Had trouble getting that concept through to my fellow jurors, but the judge backed me up. Guilty on all 21 counts.

Darn good shooting. Any info on the weapon? 9mm, 40SW??
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »

Hmmm wonder if there is any relation?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 11:12:26 PM »
is this the pizza guy??
MOC
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:11 AM »
Absolutely true- it does not have to be real. Also, the other gentlemen who were involved can be charged with assault, brandishing, armed robbery, felony murder. If one does it, they're all 'guilty', even if they're the get-away driver, lookout, or just helped plan the robbery (conspiracy). I believe felony murder is mandatory life w/o parole.

Just finished up a case in GR in Federal court along the same lines. Had trouble getting that concept through to my fellow jurors, but the judge backed me up. Guilty on all 21 counts.

Darn good shooting. Any info on the weapon? 9mm, 40SW??

Yes, If you rob someone with a fake gun,you Can be charged with armed robbery if you are caught.

you can also be charged for armed robbery for telling the victim that you are armed,without actually producing the weapon.

for example: A guy walks into a bank  and tells the teller he has a gun in his pocket,and this is a stick up.This would be considered armed robbery
even if  he was caught and had no weapon on his person at all.  because the implication was there.

Thanks for your info I thought I was correct but wanted to make sure.