Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting  (Read 25481 times)

Offline Savage.Detroit

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
As a new member I am reading thru the MOC By-Laws. Is the annual meeting of members taking place as stated in the by-laws in May or is the recent VP and Treasurer appointment the result of one that just took place?

Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline cabman1

Re: Annual meeting of members
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
From my understanding we will be having an annual meeting of members in may!!!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:03 AM »
Yes that is my understanding as well. Now that we have a full board again it will be much easier to get this finalized.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
Correct, the annual meeting will indeed be in May. The location will be determined by drawing lines from the four coners of our membership and seeing where they intersect.

If that happens to be relatively close to Durand, we will likely do an afternoon meeting on May 15th to allow people to attend that event and the membership meeting. Otherwise our meeting will either be on May 8th or May 22nd.

What does everyone think of a bar-b-que after the membership meeting?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
BBQ sounds like a good idea!

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline cabman1

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
I can bring some pork for the bbq
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
Correct, the annual meeting will indeed be in May. The location will be determined by drawing lines from the four coners of our membership and seeing where they intersect.

If that happens to be relatively close to Durand, we will likely do an afternoon meeting on May 15th to allow people to attend that event and the membership meeting. Otherwise our meeting will either be on May 8th or May 22nd.

What does everyone think of a bar-b-que after the membership meeting?

You'd better check with Mikesilly about this. He is not very happy that Durand has scheduled their RR Days on the same day that he is having his bicycle ride in Warren. Nor is he happy that MOC is going to have its Annual Membership meeting on the same day. In fact I read on the other forum that he is going to put a stop to it. So you may want to check with him before making any plans.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline cabman1

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
We are working the day and location out we will set it in stone soon!!!

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
The membership meeting will be rescheduled as a courtesy. It is a shame as it would have been very convenient to have our meeting and the RR days on the same day. Oh well, I hope both the RR Days and the Warren picnic go very smoothly and we educate many people at both events!
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »
are we allowed to bring guests?

i got a buddy that i offroad with in ohio whom is very interested in OC,and he spends alot of time in MI.

he is waiting to recieve his carry permit,already took the class and applied.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 05:54:39 AM »
are we allowed to bring guests?

i got a buddy that i offroad with in ohio whom is very interested in OC,and he spends alot of time in MI.

he is waiting to recieve his carry permit,already took the class and applied.

It's a membership meeting, pretty sure it's for members only.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »
yeah but alot of member meetings also allow members to bring guests,especially ones interested in the same cause.

i think the corunna VFW hall(post 4005)

416 S Shiawassee St
Corunna, MI 48817
United States

(989) 743-5015

good spot,35 miles from lansing,26 from flint,90 from grand rapids,70 from jackson,90 from detroit and 70 from bay city.

and for GR since they are the farthest...they could meet up with people in lansing(either lansing members,or hook up with the jackson crew in lansing) and for detroit,meet with some flint area members.

that way its about the same amount of mileage on our vehicles for most of us.

they also have a tank out in front of the vfw hall that would make a good background for a group pic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline SpringerXDacp

• AmmoDump
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
yeah but alot of member meetings also allow members to bring guests,especially ones interested in the same cause.

In my opinion, if a meeting is scheduled for MOC, Inc. and its Membership, then the meeting should only be for the membership.  If it's a annual outdoors/indoors thing such as a picnic/dinner where some discussion of MOC may take place, then yes, bring the wife, kids, girlfriends.

Warchild

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »
+1 Randy.... membership...means members.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »
I would think if your friend showed up money and application in hand we would not turn him away  ;D

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 07:44:43 PM »
he would gladly do that(but he is a OH resident...)

how about a donation equal to that of the cost of a membership?

Offline SpringerXDacp

• AmmoDump
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »
he would gladly do that(but he is a OH resident...)

how about a donation equal to that of the cost of a membership?

There is no rule that I'm aware of that requires a person to be a resident of Michigan to be a member.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »
well it is MICHIGAN open carry...

but i guess i am a member of his offroad club,which is northwest ohio crawlers...

i got him a tri fold last weekend,ill discuss it more w/ him

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »
anyone can be a member of MOC... and if they lived in the Canary Islands and wanted to be a member, they could be! :-)
Shaun Crawford

stainless1911

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
Do we have a when and where yet?