Author Topic: THANKS MOC  (Read 12936 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
THANKS MOC
« on: May 15, 2011, 11:19:05 PM »
just an open letter to thank the MOC staff and all the OCers that are helping pave the way for us all. the most recent being the detroit downtown hoedown. without the efforts to contact the detroit police department and notify them of the law they themselves are violating. when any department, city, county or any unit of government are faced with the cold letter of the law, which they themselves are quick to pull on you, have no other recourse but to change their stance. i was at the hoedown and was amazed at not only how compliant and accepting OC was but the officers almost refused to acknowledge you were even standing there. detroit from what i have read has always been an uneven ground of enforcement. this not only set the DPD on the right track but educated the whole area via the news. not only were DPD accepting but the crowd was very accepting and we received nothing but favorable 2A comments. nobody was surprised or alarmed. as predicted all the negative predictions for a recipe for disaster were baseless and it was yet another non-event. this put us on the map again and showed yet again that a society fed up with crime can manage it's armed population just fine. this event also set a major police agency straight on law and will have a lasting ripple effect for any OC encounters in the future. i did not intentionally walk by any officers but meandering thru the crowd you couldn't help encountering them. a wave or a "hi" at the most. when leaving i unintentionally walked past a group of GANG SQUAD officers. one noticed and tapped his fellow officers shoulders and pointed out my Sig. turned back and not one of them reacted. whatever they were told from up high but must have been serious.
getting our word out thru the media is a double edged sword. the message gets out but not without getting painted as the lone gunman looking people that wind up on the breaking news stories. events we go to where nothing happens is going to get old for the news. the buildup to the event is news. nothing happened isn't news.
i've said this before but we shouldn't have to campaign to be allowed to excersize our rights granted by law to self protection. we aren't trying to get a law passed to allow it. the law is already in place and we have had to educate the police rather than them educating themselves. police should welcome law abiding civilians visibly arming themselves to send the message to an potential violent criminal that this won't be tolerated here and they don't have to wait for police to get dealt with. cooperation between the police and OCers would occur in a perfect world. both would agree that this is the only relationship that can work towards both of our goals.
scot623, mastercontrol and others maintaining our cause and opening doors for us i thank you again. you represent us well and hope i do as well.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: THANKS MOC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:59 PM »
 I agree with you i was down there friday. Check out my message in  the (New member introduction #118. Dtd: Nov 09, 2010. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
The current leaders have demonstrated time and time again nothing less than steadfast commitment, dedication and determination to lead MOC unlike any before them.

They have not quit or even wavered in the face of adversity or challenge.

The CADL situation is a prime example of this.

A prime example of:

"Winners don't quit. And Quitters don't win."

Bravo Zulu sprinklerguy28, scot623, randy k, et al!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 05:09:52 PM »
It has been my pleasure to help lead this great organization. We are young but making huge strides. Thank you to all our members and supporters who hold themselves in high regard while open carrying therefore reflecting well on all of us and MOC Inc. As we grow and enjoy additional success, we will have more eyes on us than ever before. Please keep that in mind everyday so you continue to practice safe gun handling, carrying and keep a general positive attitude while out in the world. We are certainly THE FACE of gun owners. Let's do our best to continue being the positive ambassadors we have been.

Thank you. Rob H. VP

Offline METL

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
just an open letter to thank the MOC staff and all the OCers that are helping pave the way for us all. the most recent being the detroit downtown hoedown. without the efforts to contact the detroit police department and notify them of the law they themselves are violating. when any department, city, county or any unit of government are faced with the cold letter of the law, which they themselves are quick to pull on you, have no other recourse but to change their stance. i was at the hoedown and was amazed at not only how compliant and accepting OC was but the officers almost refused to acknowledge you were even standing there. detroit from what i have read has always been an uneven ground of enforcement. this not only set the DPD on the right track but educated the whole area via the news. not only were DPD accepting but the crowd was very accepting and we received nothing but favorable 2A comments. nobody was surprised or alarmed. as predicted all the negative predictions for a recipe for disaster were baseless and it was yet another non-event. this put us on the map again and showed yet again that a society fed up with crime can manage it's armed population just fine. this event also set a major police agency straight on law and will have a lasting ripple effect for any OC encounters in the future. i did not intentionally walk by any officers but meandering thru the crowd you couldn't help encountering them. a wave or a "hi" at the most. when leaving i unintentionally walked past a group of GANG SQUAD officers. one noticed and tapped his fellow officers shoulders and pointed out my Sig. turned back and not one of them reacted. whatever they were told from up high but must have been serious.
getting our word out thru the media is a double edged sword. the message gets out but not without getting painted as the lone gunman looking people that wind up on the breaking news stories. events we go to where nothing happens is going to get old for the news. the buildup to the event is news. nothing happened isn't news.
i've said this before but we shouldn't have to campaign to be allowed to excersize our rights granted by law to self protection. we aren't trying to get a law passed to allow it. the law is already in place and we have had to educate the police rather than them educating themselves. police should welcome law abiding civilians visibly arming themselves to send the message to an potential violent criminal that this won't be tolerated here and they don't have to wait for police to get dealt with. cooperation between the police and OCers would occur in a perfect world. both would agree that this is the only relationship that can work towards both of our goals.
scot623, mastercontrol and others maintaining our cause and opening doors for us i thank you again. you represent us well and hope i do as well.

+ 1,000,000

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:47 PM »
It has been my pleasure to help lead this great organization. We are young but making huge strides. Thank you to all our members and supporters who hold themselves in high regard while open carrying therefore reflecting well on all of us and MOC Inc. As we grow and enjoy additional success, we will have more eyes on us than ever before. Please keep that in mind everyday so you continue to practice safe gun handling, carrying and keep a general positive attitude while out in the world. We are certainly THE FACE of gun owners. Let's do our best to continue being the positive ambassadors we have been.

Thank you. Rob H. VP
just pointing out how your efforts are paying off for us all. a week ago i would have said NEVER at OC at the hoedown. i stood there amazed almost afraid to enjoy it. 4 young girls asked MasterControl's OC friend to take their picture by the river. they passed several people but asked him. your efforts are noted and appreciated.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Michhunter

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:57 PM »
Just a huge thanks for all your hard work MOC keep it up........... I real need to to get my cpl so it won't be a pain in my a*s to open carry.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »
The current leaders have demonstrated time and time again nothing less than steadfast commitment, dedication and determination to lead MOC unlike any before them.

A prime example of:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/alphabet.htm

Charlie Mike sprinklerguy28, scot623, randy k, et al!!!

[For those non military types CONTINUE MISSION]

AND Bravo Zulu [Well Done] as Pat says!
  8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

A prime example of:

Of course there would be no MOC for the current leaders if it were not for the previous leaders, regardless of what some may believe about them.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
Right On. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 04:49:58 AM »

A prime example of:

Of course there would be no MOC for the current leaders if it were not for the previous leaders, regardless of what some may believe about them.

You are so very correct. Had it not been for all the quitters before them, they wouldn't have been the void for their steadfast leadership to fill.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »

A prime example of:

You are so very correct. Had it not been for all the quitters before them, they wouldn't have been the void for their steadfast leadership to fill.
See there ya go.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »
That's funny, :D ;D :). Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
I just cannot hold back anymore. I would pose this... What percentage of passengers died during an ocean voyage to America in Columbus' time? How many people die on the same trip in today's time?

I can say that our current BOD are indeed making strides and are moving us in a good direction. Could there be more? Sure. However, it takes resources. As our resources continue to grow, the net outcome of our combined efforts will continue to increase also. Whether under current leadership or future, if our resources continue to grow we can be a powerful influence. Primarily these resources are the volunteers throughout the organization. From the captains to the bean counter, (all love implied), the log keeper, to Jason Reese automating memberships to Ryan Ransom and Cortez Brown selling them, when you have more good people that are dedicated to what they do, we all get more done. And lest we forget, the general membership. For without the support of each one of our members, there would be no ship to sail.

Forbid we should not give praise where it is due. Forbid also we should criticize those who have been in the arena, and that if they in some particular way failed, they did so while struggling valiantly with the tools before them. Forbid also that in the ways they succeeded, they are forgotten.

So, to get back to the productive side, if each of our 250 members would be willing to pay $400 a year we could put someone on payroll with an expense account to be in our legislators offices every day. How close are we to 500 members at $200 a head? How bad do we want this?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
i did not intentionally walk by any officers but meandering thru the crowd you couldn't help encountering them. a wave or a "hi" at the most. when leaving i unintentionally walked past a group of GANG SQUAD officers. one noticed and tapped his fellow officers shoulders and pointed out my Sig. turned back and not one of them reacted. whatever they were told from up high but must have been serious.
maybe they didn't notice your gun, they might have been excited that bruce willis was walking past.

credit for the acceptance of OC in michigan goes to everyone.  old leaders, new leaders and members.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
I just cannot hold back anymore. I would pose this... What percentage of passengers died during an ocean voyage to America in Columbus' time? How many people die on the same trip in today's time?

I can say that our current BOD are indeed making strides and are moving us in a good direction. Could there be more? Sure. However, it takes resources. As our resources continue to grow, the net outcome of our combined efforts will continue to increase also. Whether under current leadership or future, if our resources continue to grow we can be a powerful influence. Primarily these resources are the volunteers throughout the organization. From the captains to the bean counter, (all love implied), the log keeper, to Jason Reese automating memberships to Ryan Ransom and Cortez Brown selling them, when you have more good people that are dedicated to what they do, we all get more done. And lest we forget, the general membership. For without the support of each one of our members, there would be no ship to sail.

Forbid we should not give praise where it is due. Forbid also we should criticize those who have been in the arena, and that if they in some particular way failed, they did so while struggling valiantly with the tools before them. Forbid also that in the ways they succeeded, they are forgotten.

So, to get back to the productive side, if each of our 250 members would be willing to pay $400 a year we could put someone on payroll with an expense account to be in our legislators offices every day. How close are we to 500 members at $200 a head? How bad do we want this?

Not too many passengers have died during this voyage. But several captains and crewmembers jumped overboard at the first sign of storm clouds on the horizon. And one captain was forced to walk the gangplank.

Columbus would have never made it to America with a crew like that.

The current crew has not only trimmed the sails at the sighting of the storm clouds, but have ridden out the subsequent storms. Coming out of them without a single wave passing the gunwales.  And only 2 passengers that I am aware of have been keel hauled.

It is not the passengers nor the purser that that guide the ship. It is the captain and his crew that ensure the successful voyage.

May they have fair winds and following seas.

Damn the torpedoes! Full steam ahead!

Surrender? I have yet to begin to fight!

Don't tread on me!

Man the rails.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
Both sides are great, I'm just loven it. Yes man the rails Who? EVERYBODY. Carry On. Love Ya All.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.