Author Topic: March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!  (Read 7264 times)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!
March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!!

MOC's application to march in Sterling Heights' Memorial Day parade has been accepted. We participated last year and it was one of the highlights of our year. Join us to honor the heroes who gave their lives to protect our rights. You do not have to OC to march with us, but OC is absolutely encouraged. This is a kid friendly parade, so bring your little ones if you like!

Details...

When- Monday May 30th staging @ 8:30am, marching @ 10:00am

Where- Shuttle buses at the parades ending point will transport you to the staging area. This saves you the walk back to your car at the end of the parade. A CPL is required to use this service. Buses run 7:30am-9:30am from Heritage Jr. High 37400 Dodge Park Sterling Heights. If you do not want to use the shuttle, meet at the City Hall Complex located at the intersection of Dodge Park/Utica Rd, in the parking lot, south of the library.

Dress weather appropriate(it was 80 degrees and sunny last year!) and wear comfortable walking shoes.

Thank you to MOC's President for setting this up again!

Offline BTAvery

Re: March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
Doubt I will be able to make it because I already have alot of days off around that time but I will ask for it off.

Spec

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
how far of a walk is is back once the parade is done? three of us don't have CPL's

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:25:52 AM »
how far of a walk is is back once the parade is done? three of us don't have CPL's
same here

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »
Maybe a mile, its not a bad walk at all. And its was indeed a great event. It felt great to see so much overt and outstanding support from the crowd, a few of us got a little misty eyed by how the vets welcomed us!  I am very much looking forward to being there again!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Warchild

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »
same here

Hey guys; keep in mind that you can still ride the shuttle buses for the ride back instead of walking.
Just give your gun to someone with a CPL and ride with them. It's all good....

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »
+1 Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Dannyp1019

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:54:07 PM »
I'll be there and have a cpl and would be happy to carry for any people without a cpl to save anyone from any trouble getting back and forth hope to see a good turn out 

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »
count up the pistols in Danny's belt to find out how many folks didn't have a CPL for the ride back :)
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
24 patriots marched with MOC today in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I was humbled by the parade watchers and veterans who saluted us, clapped for us and yell out the occasional "Hell yeah!" or "that's what I'm talking about!". I would be surprised if I attend another event this year that makes me feel more resolute in continuing to do what I do. God bless America!

Offline brian d

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
Thanks you for the opportunity! It was my honor to carry the stars and strips.

(pdindetroit... Thanks a million for the sunblock, I still got burned, but not nearly as bad as I would have!)

Offline Dannyp1019

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
Thank you to MOC INC for putting in the leg work to allow law abiding OCers like ourselves to be able to have such a great place to spread the word that OC is a legal act in michigan I'd also like to thank everyone that showed up for such a warm welcome (as this was my first event) its a big change from the looks at the grocery store or wherever while walking around OCing with my wife and kids last but far from least THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETERANS FOR THERE SERVICE AND SACRIFICE     

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 07:33:50 AM »
Congratulations on another great event guys.  Yesterday was solid rain here, all day long, and I was thinking of the Parade in Sterling Heights every time it thundered, hoping your event had better weather, sure sounds like you did :)
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline brian d

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »
Congratulations on another great event guys.  Yesterday was solid rain here, all day long, and I was thinking of the Parade in Sterling Heights every time it thundered, hoping your event had better weather, sure sounds like you did :)

A brief short shower there might have been appreciated, to cool everyone off.  :)