Author Topic: Let it Rip  (Read 10530 times)

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
Let it Rip
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:00:07 AM »
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/let_it_rip/let-it-rip-water-battle-gun-plan-20110127-wpms

I saw this last night at 3 am when almost no one with common sense was watching. My wife and I were yelling at the TV...lol

Not one Pro gun guest.  Typical.    I love the Union cop and his solution. Typical.    Steve's scenario of gun carriers drinking in bars is hilarious, not to mention  his roof top repair horrors, Not one person with a comprehension of the Constitution and Freedom.     Not one person on the panel quoted the law correctly.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Let it Rip
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:14:34 PM »
Let me make sure if I Understand the Police Officer's Position.  We should SPEND more money on law enforcement (I'm SHOCKED a cop what have this position), but we shouldn't allow people to defend themselves.

The former (more money for cops) costs money.  Real money -- and lots of it.  What does the average officer make? 40k? 60k?  So let's flood the streets with 1,000 more officers, a total cost of $50M.  That STILL doesn't NEARLY guarantee a officer is going to be near by and available when my family needs him!

OR...

The latter, allow people to legally carry a firearm concealed -- so they can defend themselves.  This costs NOTHING.  Sounds like BIG GOVERNMENT to me....

This isn't to say the Democrats are the only one who want big government -- the Republicans do too, only in different areas...

ETA: The nutty white haired guy at the end of the third video -- he doesn't look sane to me, but what do I know?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:26:39 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
I sent this to WJBK:

I noticed how very one-sided your panel was on Thursday's "Let it Rip".  If you are truly interested in presenting a balanced story, I know some people who are more 2A friendly than your last panel who would be happy to appear on your show.  These are people who are very used to being in the media.  They have been on TV news in multiple occasions and interviewed by multiple newspapers.

Let me know if you're interested in a more balanced discussion, one that doesn't reek of Radical Left commentary to anyone with more than 2 brain cells.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »
Thanks for the clip. I look at the news everyday. All Of them. That Let It Rip, was a one sided joke. I read all of the respones. And they were great. Just as ours.  :'( :I feel , its not all about what i feel, we all have laws. That's why they call CPL holders and they are law abiding citizens. No more Gun Free Zones. Carry On. :)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »
Mitch Albom was doing the same thing Wednesday evening on his radio show.  The senator was on his show, and Mitch almost ran him the ground.  Poor interview.  The senator was not prepared (in my opinion) for the discussion and Mitch kept the upper hand.   Again, that is my opion of the interview.

These interviews/shows are allowing the following to be discussed with no rebutle.

1.  "CPL Holders will engage in criminal behavior if they go into gun free zones."
2.   NOT discussing that CPL holders can already go into pistol free zones...OC.
3.  "CPL holders have the desire to 'play cop'."
4.  "who wants to be sitting next to someone with a gun"
5.  "A CPL holder is trigger happy."
6.   "Most people aren't smart enough/sane enough to carry weapons."
7.    "for some reason criminals must already honor PFL zones."
8.    "the rights of the private property owner."
9.    I could keep typing!

One thing this bill has done, is bring people's true beliefs/understandings of weapon carry out of the wood work.  That isn't so bad either.