Author Topic: Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill  (Read 24502 times)

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:57 AM »
Obviously we will have to agree to disagree at some point.  I don't care if a business is open to the public or not, it's still private property(to whatever limited extent that is...)  If I'm selling my home and I have an open house, where in I'm inviting the public, it's open to the public, guess what, I still retain the right to kick anyone out that I want, it's still my property and I still have that right.  Once word gets out that I'm not letting women look at the house, or Asians or Italians, guess what, the chances of me selling my house go down.  But that's my choice and my right, same should go for any business, in my opinion.  Yes there are protected "classes" but it is these that I feel are and should be illegal.  Discrimination happens everyday, every single day.  Are men allowed in the womens bathroom/shower?  No?  Discrimination, it happens to some degree or another.  Firearm ownership should not be a "protected class" nor should anything else.  Did it serve it's purpose?  Maybe.  Is it still necessary, I don't think so.

Offline Beerme

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Toby Keith's new bar and grill at Great Lakes Crossing, has a "no firearms or weapons allowed" sign at the front hostess desk. I was standing right in front of it with my Glock when I seen it. I wanted to leave, but my wife wanted to stay and eat. So I untucked my shirt and we stayed. I don't even think anyone noticed my gun before I covered it. I told my wife we won't be back.

Did you mean that YOU wouldnt be back?
or do you literally tell her where she can go?
as for the restaurant, they have every right to tell you they do not want customers bringing a weapon in their store/restaurant.
Your rights are not being broken or violated I know you FEEL offended and dislike their choices but it is THEIR right to decide on that. 

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
Toby Keith's new bar and grill at Great Lakes Crossing, has a "no firearms or weapons allowed" sign at the front hostess desk. I was standing right in front of it with my Glock when I seen it. I wanted to leave, but my wife wanted to stay and eat. So I untucked my shirt and we stayed. I don't even think anyone noticed my gun before I covered it. I told my wife we won't be back.

Did you mean that YOU wouldnt be back?
or do you literally tell her where she can go?

as for the restaurant, they have every right to tell you they do not want customers bringing a weapon in their store/restaurant.
Your rights are not being broken or violated I know you FEEL offended and dislike their choices but it is THEIR right to decide on that. 

Pointless fight picking aside(bolded), I completely agree with the rest of the post!

stainless1911

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
A husband forbidding a wife, and a wife forbidding a husband are privelidges exclusive to marriage. Its a sign of love and respect towards one another, and a sign of a healthy marriage.

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
Debatable, but let's stay on topic, all of us.

stainless1911

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
Debatable yes, but I dont see minds being changed on this one anyhow, rough territitory. But agreed, lets stay on topic.

Offline 390joe

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »
so anyway to try to get his train back on the tracks.  has anybody checked out the corprate rules yet ors sent an email to them?
NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT, THEY'LL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!!

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 12:35:35 AM »
so anyway to try to get his train back on the tracks.  has anybody checked out the corprate rules yet ors sent an email to them?

i believe that answer is no.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline DanC

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 07:05:47 PM »
I sent two E-Mails to them. I never got a reply.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »
called the store manager,according to him, it is corporate policy and not just that store.said i will no longer be a customer there(though i never was in the first place,he didnt know that though) and he very rudely said GOOD,and hung up on me.

i seriously wonder if toby keith knows his resturaunts are no carry zones,it'd be interesting to see him find that out and then go all ape s*** on the people he has running it.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 02:06:51 AM »
Fan Mail Address:

Toby Keith
TKO Artist Management
2303 21st Avenue South
3rd Floor
Nashville, TN 37212
USA

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
I just spoke with the attorney for I Love this bar and grill. We discussed the laws of Michigan in regards to carry. He is going to pull numbers for alcohol vs. food, and set up a time next week for a conference call between him, myself, and the ownership. No guarantees but I give them credit for the willingness to discuss this.

Offline DanC

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »
Good job, SG28!

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2010, 12:44:37 PM »
A similar issue has been addressed before. The attorney that did the legal portion of the CPL classes I helped teach years ago had a case like this. His client was carrying concealed and went into a business. Once inside the business there was a "no carry" sign which he did not see. An employee noticed the gun somehow and called the police. He was arrested, etc.... Once in court all charges were dropped and he got a nice little settlement. Michigan law apparently states that the sign must be visible BEFORE entering the business. If the sign is posted inside, it becomes null and void. But, if I was in you situation, I would have done the same thing. If you are already inside then too bad. I just would not go back unless they decided to educate themselves on the second amendment. I must say of all places...... whats next, "no carry" gun stores?
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
whats next, "no carry" gun stores?

They already exist.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »
you mean total firearms?

no wait,they still havent decided that CC'ers are just as likely,if not more likely to rob them than OC'ers....

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:39 AM »
Their website says:

"Now open for lunch 11am daily. Come as you are. We’d love to have you anytime!"

Not sure how you can come as you are if you are required to remove your firearm(s) at the hostess station. 

Since the sign is at the hostess station, perhaps you should have asked her to check your weapon(s) for you?  I would have been to dumb founded at the sign to think that line up in line, but sitting her desk jockeying it I came up with it!
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher