Author Topic: Words from Uncle Ted  (Read 13137 times)

Offline METL

Words from Uncle Ted
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
I always enjoy hearing what this lunatic has to say...    and I usually agree!!!!    I think he couldn' be more right... and I wish someone on this show would have tried to argue with him some.   :)

Enjoy.

Discuss.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Words from Uncle Ted
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
Teddy talks the talk but at the end of the day he's shown himself to be anti-OC.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline METL

Re: Words from Uncle Ted
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:30:50 PM »
Yeah?  Do tell....

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Words from Uncle Ted
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »
Yeah?  Do tell....
it's on YouTube. Search Ted Nudgent Open Carry
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »
I was told by an organizer of the 2A March that Ted was asked to play the guitar at the March and said he would only he he was paid.
I lost the last little bit of respect I had for him when I heard that.

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »
Hmmm...   I found a video of dougie meeting him.. and he stated his opinion on open carry and (perhaps wrongly) is of the opinion that open carry can make you a target...    I thought he was pretty polite about it and just said what he thought... which is what he always does.   He doesn't have to agree with every thought in my head for me to think that he's a good person who stands for something...   

At any rate, I found some otehr interesting videos of him...   and he can be a little extreme..     but I still like his style.  No BS.  Says it like he sees it. 

Trucker, I am on both sides of the fence about that... if he so truely believes in the 2A... yeah, he should chip in his part...  but if promoters were profiting from the event, he should be compensated as well.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »
Trucker, I am on both sides of the fence about that... if he so truely believes in the 2A... yeah, he should chip in his part...  but if promoters were profiting from the event, he should be compensated as well.

The 2A March was spurred on by a friend of Ted's who is one of his former employees.  When the idea was first put forth Ted told the man organizing it that he would be happy to help in whatever capacity was needed.  When it came time to actually do it Ted changed his tune and wouldn't do it unless he was paid...a lot.  I can't say for certain but I highly doubt the 2A March turned a profit.  Most things of that nature are lucky if they break even.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »

The 2A March was spurred on by a friend of Ted's who is one of his former employees.  When the idea was first put forth Ted told the man organizing it that he would be happy to help in whatever capacity was needed.  When it came time to actually do it Ted changed his tune and wouldn't do it unless he was paid...a lot.  I can't say for certain but I highly doubt the 2A March turned a profit.  Most things of that nature are lucky if they break even.

Bronson

I guess, at least in Ted's case, everything does have a price...
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »

Bronson

I guess, at least in Ted's case, everything does have a price...

Ad in his case we know what it is... $50,000
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
Why would he asked to be paid?  Well..for starters, "Ted Nugent" isn't just his name anymore; it is a "branding."   The march was most likely going to be capitalizing off of him on several different levels:   his endorsement, his presence, his public persona, and so on.   Maybe the event was going to end up being to small...and his presence was going to bigger than anything else on the schedule; it would have been about him.     

Ted Nugent is his own powerful voice for the 2nd Amendment.   That is what he does.  This may have just been another calendar event, or his friend made some assumptions without all the facts.   

Also, He is a "professional" musician.  A "professional" guitar player.  When you function on his level, musically, you don't just show and plug in your electric.  A guy like him will have highly "professional technical" folks that take care of everything...especially when he does something live.   (From guitar tech, equipment transport, setting up the equiipment like he wants hit, to running sound).    He steps out and plays well because all he has to do is pick up the guitar after someone else did the grunt work.    Everything time that man plays one string on that guitar in public, on a stage, it has to be right, and it has to be good.  If not, he loses face.  Again, this would take an entourage, and they wouldn't have settled for the 1st floor at a local Hampton.   

I've paid $2500 plus travel expenses for "nobodies"......    $50,000 isn't alot for somebody like him..... its just sticker shock.     

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »
The number I was told was $80,000.00 and for an event that is not making a profit, that is not sticker shock it is bankruptcy.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »

The number I was told was $80,000.00 and for an event that is not making a profit, that is not sticker shock it is bankruptcy.

My previous explaination favors leaning toward "normal business" practices...i.e. -- benefit of the doubt.      Removing the "benefit of the doubt, then one is left to conclude the following:

1.  The guy really was never a friend...just an ex-employee with wrong assumptions & information.
2.  If he was a friend & previous insider...he obviously had no weight in Ted's decisions.
&, or
3.  Ted just didn't want to be a part of it, and priced his self out.

Maybe its that simple.