Author Topic: Letting CPL Expire  (Read 16785 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Letting CPL Expire
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
I assume you meant go from defence to offence....

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

Well I guess your right, I mean we OC and get harassed, then we have to defend. I want to make the first move, A pass or run move so you tell me.  In the end it will be a defense of rights.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »

Maybe he meant to gets off da fence.

And why are we discussing fences? Aren't they a bit hard to open carry?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »
An good offence is the best defence... however unfortunatly we are not always given the luxery of knowing what others are planning so we end up on defence.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
An good offence is the best defence... however unfortunatly we are not always given the luxery of knowing what others are planning so we end up on defence.

I get it now...

Getting off fence is best for dee fence.

That must be why my dad always yelled at me to get off thee fence.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 02:13:16 PM »
    What we need is to drop this OC and CPL debate and go straight to Suing Congressman for violating State and U.S.Constitutions........ Remember when we started OC'ing?  We didn't get a lawyer to sue, we risked getting arrested and harassed. Some of us walked by our selves and got Harassed, so we grouped together and got Harassed but we won because we are Right.  "Strength in Numbers"

Just out of my own curiousity, to bring this back to the topic of your original post;  when your CPL expires, will you continue to "vehicle carry" and enter "PFZ's" in the same manner as you do now with the CPL?    Forgive me if I am wrong, but at this juncture, OC'n in a park, restuarant, etc, and having to deal with uneducated police & bad city ordinances, is on a different level than dealing with police during a traffic stop and your handgun is holstered, sitting on the seat, etc.... 

Just curious.... 

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
(:

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
    What we need is to drop this OC and CPL debate and go straight to Suing Congressman for violating State and U.S.Constitutions........ Remember when we started OC'ing?  We didn't get a lawyer to sue, we risked getting arrested and harassed. Some of us walked by our selves and got Harassed, so we grouped together and got Harassed but we won because we are Right.  "Strength in Numbers"

Just out of my own curiousity, to bring this back to the topic of your original post;  when your CPL expires, will you continue to "vehicle carry" (Yes) and enter "PFZ's" in the same manner as you do now with the CPL? (Yes)    Forgive me if I am wrong, but at this juncture, OC'n in a park, restuarant, etc, and having to deal with uneducated police & bad city ordinances, is on a different level than dealing with police during a traffic stop and your handgun is holstered, sitting on the seat, etc.... 

Just curious.... A PFZ requires you to have a CPL, does not say you have to have it on you. There fore as long as I open carry the cops won't know whether I have a CPL or not, and since the Fire arm is not Concealed I don't have to disclose.  Regardless I don't intend to hide anything the idea is to go about my normal daily schedule, if stopped and questioned, all I will do is ask if I am being detained, if so I will plead the 4th, and 5th. 

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

[/b][/b]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:21:24 PM by CrossPistols »
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:23 AM »
Hats off to you sir! We all should remember that if our ancesters never violated any laws there would be no United States of America. I am very apprehensive about it, but your words are in my mind now. And I fear they are getting comfortable...
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:09 AM »
Hats off to you sir! We all should remember that if our ancestors never violated any laws there would be no United States of America. I am very apprehensive about it, but your words are in my mind now. And I fear they are getting comfortable...

The Beauty here Jeff is that I won't be breaking any Lawful laws, Only exercising a right. The cops will be Violating the Law Ironic aren't it?

It reminds me of the Army, they told us we had to follow orders of the higher ranking, up to but not more than an Unlawful order.  I was held to that standard, and had to know the difference. I think we should hold our Legislative and Judicial Officers to the same Standard.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »
You know, after a couple hours sleep...

Can we count on our constitutions anymore? Do any units of government actually abide by them? For pete's sake at this very moment we have an order signed by a judge effectively revoking our right to petition a local unit of government for redress off our grievances!

Starting to think this should be saved for the revolution and continue to work with the corrupted system for the time being. Not to say the thinking has stopped...
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
........ I am very apprehensive about it, but your words are in my mind now. And I fear they are getting comfortable...

in agreement.

Offline TheSzerdi

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 10:49:13 PM »
I fully agree with CrossPistols, however, I do not have the legal fund to fight for constitutional carry.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »
I fully agree with CrossPistols, however, I do not have the legal fund to fight for constitutional carry.

I don't either, then again I didn't have the funds for OC either, but I felt I was right enough to fight! Almost Compelled and  I was Harassed, but in the end I was right, and I am right Here as well. Ted Nugent said it in the last video Posted on MOC..."If there were no document, lets say I was put down here on earth all by my self, I Have a Right to Defend Myself"     " Anytime, Anywhere, with Anything."
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline markculbert

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
2X checking out MI restriction: must have a license to BUY handgun (varies by state).  Are BAFT C&Relics (i.e. older CZ 82 commonly available ready to role-play c. $220-260...)EXEMPT from need to secure permit/license before ordering/buying a hand gun in Michigan?  If exempt for holders of a C&R $30 BAFT license (good for c. 4-5 years maybe); may they therefore be carried OPENLY alongside more red-taped hand weapons owned by others who SECURED a permit to purchase from  local police department?

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
2X checking out MI restriction: must have a license to BUY handgun (varies by state).  Are BAFT C&Relics (i.e. older CZ 82 commonly available ready to role-play c. $220-260...)EXEMPT from need to secure permit/license before ordering/buying a hand gun in Michigan?  If exempt for holders of a C&R $30 BAFT license (good for c. 4-5 years maybe); may they therefore be carried OPENLY alongside more red-taped hand weapons owned by others who SECURED a permit to purchase from  local police department?
As I understand it, even an FFL dealer has to register all the handguns he has on stock.  So this also applies to a C&R license holder as well.  Perhaps even more so, since a C&R license means you're a collector, not a dealer.
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols