Author Topic: Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.  (Read 71155 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Are we still encouraged to attend?   I def. could be there...
Yes. Please dress professionally/business casual if possible.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »

Dress code now too?

Can I wear my empty holster?

For someone that doesn't like the government telling you what to do, you sure have a lot of rules.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »

Dress code now too?

For someone that doesn't like the government telling you what to do, you sure have a lot of rules.

It was a suggestion, not a rule.

NOTE personal attack removed
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:37:21 PM by autosurgeon »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »

Dress code now too?

It was a suggestion, not a rule. For you, Pat, you can wear an empty holster, a clown nose, and a big yellow clown suit as well as a sign on your back that say: kick me. I'd care less, it'd befit you.

Your personal attack is uncalled for. But not unexpected.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »
I would appreciate it if you guys can take the rest of this discussion to PM 8) Thanks!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline METL

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2011, 04:54:23 PM »
Turned out I couldn't be there...   I missed lunch today, and Big John's was calling to me...  hehe...  Hope things are going well.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2011, 12:30:44 AM »
Turned out I couldn't be there...   I missed lunch today, and Big John's was calling to me...  hehe...  Hope things are going well.

Things are not well at all.  Follow this link.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2011, 03:16:09 AM »
Why is there a MOC forum if MOC business is posted on another forum? Northofnowhere says that he has a lot to handle outside of this forum. If it is not being utilized, why not free up his time to attend to more important matters and shut down the forum? There seems to be no need for it as long as ocdo is the prefered venue for discussion of MOC matters.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »
I too would like to know why it was not posted first here and then linked elsewhere...
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheElk

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2011, 08:06:37 AM »
Yeah, I kept surfing the MOC website last night.  ... crickets...
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
Yes..I am bothered by this as well.  I have noticed over the past couple of months, that most of the voices that were frequent on this forum, were now being more active on other forums.  It has especially slowed down since this event took place back before Christmas.    And yes, the priority for posting the information from yesterday should have started here.   If folks have migrated to OCDO, then this one should be shut down.  I have to much time on my hands to sit around and monitor/read more than one or two forums.  I have a life...that is why I have refused to register with OCDO....looks like I need to now.

The posting of these circumstances to OCDO seems to have drawn the attention of others across the country.  That is one positive.   Proves that MOC is much more of a micro-sub-culture of another larger subculture.   ???

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
I see nothing wrong with posting in both places.... but it should be posted in both places at the same time.

The way I see it if it pertains to all OCers it should be posted on MOC, OCDO and MGO.

Offline METL

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
I too was pretty disappointed that I missed the discussion apparently... I checked here many times last night waiting for some news...     yup...     @----__@-_-------     Tumbleweeds.

I'm glad I didn't goto the courthouse... I would have been so pissed off at the judge for not following what the law says.

Offline Beo

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
I was also disappointed that the news wasn't posted here sooner. I use MOC as my primary source of information on OC.

I think the MOC forums have slowed down because I joined. For some reason I have a tendency to clear a room when I come in.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:53:26 PM by Beo »

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »
I see nothing wrong with posting in both places.... but it should be posted in both places at the same time.

The way I see it if it pertains to all OCers it should be posted on MOC, OCDO and MGO.

Maybe dissemination here with links to this site as opposed to linking from here to the information on another site. Understanding that this does affect gunowners throughout the state, it is still nonetheless CADL vs MOC.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2011, 08:55:19 AM »
I respect what the MOC Board does on a daily basis, the amount of workload and information they sift through constantly.  Even with that said I think they were very slow to post some information about what happened.  I think they are putting too much effort into crafting the perfect statement perhaps, while some other guy who knows parts of the story is posting it everywhere else, lol.  Getting information out to the membership, especially when we have so many making donations and becoming paid members, is extremely important in my eyes, and clearly others eyes as well.  I am confident this MOC Board is much more self evaluating, and will work through their small issues rather then make us bring them up every time there.

I make mistakes, a whole hell of a lot of them, just ask my wife.  I expect people to make mistakes, use bad judgment, and I think in this case all they did was misjudge how impatient we all are, as I was anxiously awaiting something in my in-box or on the forums all evening as well.  I was very disappointed I was unable to attend the hearing, but traveling is rough on ones budget.  I was also feeling quite homesick thinking I should be down there anyways, lol.  The Board will learn, as we all do.  If I didn't trust them to run the group I wouldn't stay on and put the work into the group as an IT Department member.  I honestly hope these guys tough it out more then their term, as they are all solid management for us, and we owe them much more praise then we give them.

-jason r.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:47 AM »
Good post Jason!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »

Good post autosurgeon!

Sent from my antique PC using hunt & peck.

Offline emt805

« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
Any news yet on todays event?

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
captured from twitter:

"MOC has lost it's case vs. CADL. According to the judge, preemption does not apply to "authorities". We must appeal this ruling."
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan