Author Topic: Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.  (Read 71167 times)

Offline METL

Re: Temporary Restraining Order-CADL v. Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »
It was mixed bag. 

Judge didn't rule on brandishing.

CADL dropped the "school zone" thing

Judge ruled pre-emption does not apply and CADL can regulate firearms.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2011, 07:54:56 AM »
Day One: Aquilina states firearms preemption does nto apply to authorites created by the government units it does apply to.

Days to come:  All Downtown Development Authorities pass no firearms laws for all public streets and parks.  All County commissions that manage things such as the airports, county highways, and of course the Road Commission, all make transporting firearms illegal on all county roads and sidewalks and adjoining property.

This ruling is a bit more far reaching then just open carry.  Aquilina has given all local units of government a way around the Michigan Constitution.

On a more positive note, the subway lady gave me all of last nights cookies to munch on, only cookies that taste good with milk nowadays.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline METL

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2011, 09:27:03 AM »
Although circuit court doesn't set precedence, I agree with you.  If this gets chaulked up as a 'L' in the appeals court, then commissions, agencies, authorities, and anything else they want to rename things can now circumvent the Michigan Constitution.  I am PRETTY sure that is not what the legislature intended when they drafted the state law governing local ordinances on firearms.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
The problem is, when the authorities start banning firearms based off this ruling...who will take it to court and fight it? MOC can only afford so much litigation(and barely that). 

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »
Day One: Aquilina states firearms preemption does nto apply to authorites created by the government units it does apply to.......
:o ???

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2011, 02:35:53 AM »
Day One: Aquilina states firearms preemption does nto apply to authorites created by the government units it does apply to.......
:o ???

Hmmmm makes my wonder? How much did the person responsible for this whole fiasco donate to the cause?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline emt805

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 02:46:16 AM »
Yes, why not ask the person who created the illegal firearms ban to start all this... Find them and ask how much they donated...

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2011, 02:59:26 AM »
Yes, why not ask the person who created the illegal firearms ban to start all this... Find them and ask how much they donated...

I'd say they donated quite a bit. After all, they prevailed in their suit. And their counsel wasn't free either.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline emt805

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2011, 04:37:55 AM »
I would not call it them prevailing, that ruling is one persons opinion and not necessary that of the written law. I do agree that all this laws are bull after the US Constitution states these rights shall not be infringed, but all these laws do is infringe on my rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
I would not call it them prevailing, that ruling is one persons opinion and not necessary that of the written law. I do agree that all this laws are bull after the US Constitution states these rights shall not be infringed, but all these laws do is infringe on my rights.

If you don't think they have prevailed, strut into CADL with an open carried pellet gun, like the guy that started this crap, and see what happens. I'll bet that "one person's opinion" will land your ass in jail. Period.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline emt805

« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2011, 05:17:18 AM »
that guy that "started this crap" in my eyes has bigger balls than you do for sticking up for rights and illegal firearm bans. This ruling came from an anti OC friendly judge and not the written law. It is only a road block and not a final ruling

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2011, 01:43:32 PM »
that guy that "started this crap" in my eyes has bigger balls than you do for sticking up for rights and illegal firearm bans. This ruling came from an anti OC friendly judge and not the written law. It is only a road block and not a final ruling

And what have you done that would be indicative of the size of your genitalia?

Many on this forum, and within this organization have expressed a willingness to exercise prior restraint and based upon their ability financially  to engage in the subsequent litigation that would be resultant of "activist" actions.

There was no "sticking up" here.  And while the judge opined unfavorably, it is now the law of the land. Show us the size of your cojones and go pick out a Dr Seuss book at the CADL while toting your shotgun.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »

And what have you done that would be indicative of the size of your genitalia?

Many on this forum, and within this organization have expressed a willingness to exercise prior restraint and based upon their ability financially  to engage in the subsequent litigation that would be resultant of "activist" actions.

There was no "sticking up" here.  And while the judge opined unfavorably, it is now the law of the land. Show us the size of your cojones and go pick out a Dr Seuss book at the CADL while toting your shotgun.

From a K.I.S.S perspective this action while whieding a air soft gun has done more harm then good. Your opinion of genitialia is just that. Restraint is a very useful action in certain circumstances and this seems to be the case here. To also point out his "Sticking up for our rights and illegal firearms bans" has done nothing but show the lack luster, irresponsible nature of this individual and the cronies that supported him in this action. As other have stated MOC.INC cannot afford to pay for attorneys to fight your lawsuit.. Therefore if you cannot afford an attorney to fight for my rights do not infringe upon them....I do not need nor want individual of this type sticking up for my rights, thanks but no thanks! Take you airsoft gun back to the park to play!
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »

^

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
WOW +1 Carry On. ;D
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Greyh Seer

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
So what's the latest on this case?

When is the next court date?  I'd like to support by showing up.

----------------------------------------
-Greyh

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:08 PM »
Bump for Newbies!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
Wow, so much anti-open carry attitude on an open carry website... :'(

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

More like "anti-stupid" attitude.

Offline kwikrnu

• AmmoDump
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »

More like "anti-stupid" attitude.

No, it is anti-open carry attitudes on an open carry forum.