Author Topic: Arbys in Lapeer, Positive LEO encounter  (Read 4063 times)

stainless1911

Arbys in Lapeer, Positive LEO encounter
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »
After I went to the pit today with my daughter, we went to Arbys. Well, as I got my pistol out and loaded it outside like the law wants, the obvious happened. Someone called. As I was standing in line, I noticed a Mi state cop walk in, so I gave him a nod, and turned back around. After about a minute, he came up and asked if the festiva was mine, (he pointed at it) I said yes, so he called me over. I told Eko to wait in line for dinner, and I went over to him. At this time, an OCSD car pulled up, and a Lapeer car. The other officers  waited outside. He said to me that someone saw me get out, load my gun, and then holster it. I said, yes thats right, he asked for my ID, so I gave it to him. I know I diddnt have to, but he was being cool, and it makes things go smoother. I knew I was within the law. He asked where the gun was, I raised my leg a bit, and gestured in that direction being sure not to raise concern. I was not disarmed. He asked for my CPL, I said I diddnt have one, he asked if I was doing the OC thing, I said yes. he went outside with my DL, and let me go sit down to eat. The place was full, and with 3 police cars, the interveiw, and the leg drop XD rig, well, we had everyones attension. Eko and I got about half way through lunch, and the state cop walked in with my license, I stood to meet him out of respect, and he handed it back, saying I was clean and everything checked out. I shook his hand, and thanked him, saying to be careful out there. he thanked me, then went to the manager and told her I was ok, then left. Eko and I finished our dinner amongst conversation and glances, then left. I did ring the bell on the way out.

Oh yeah, they had cannons and the bowling ball mortar at the pit!! Id was bad @$$

;D   

A gerat day, with a positive LEO experience with a bunch of newly educated general public on OC.

When we were done, I spotted this little gun store and stopped in. The owner? asked after a few minutes if I were exercising my right to OC, and that got a conversation started with everyone there. That went well. I gave him a MOC card, and was able to gain some more OC exposure there. This time, without the cops.

Offline JoeCar

Arby's encounter by Stainless
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »
Your encounter painted quite a visual in my mind! I was wondering what your daughter thought about the encounter? You are doing all of us, and the public a service by exercising your right. Very impressive stance! Working with the Leo's does also desensitize them, and these runs will be an harassment to them someday. Keep your powder dry..

stainless1911

Re: Arbys in Lapeer, Positive LEO encounter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
She was a little nervous. She was there once when a very irresponsible OCSD put me in cuffs in front of her.