Author Topic: New Member in Grand Rapids  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Brianjvo

New Member in Grand Rapids
« on: February 09, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »
Hello all.  I just purchased a membership today and hope to start attending some events.  I am currently working on getting a seminar setup in the Grand Rapids area and really look forward to meeting some of you.

Brian

CPL holder since 2008
“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
Re: New Member in Grand Rapids
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Welcome!

Check in with the co-ordinator in your region, there may be something already in the works.

I think Grand Rapids is in the SW region - can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »
Welcome, glad you joined.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »
I'm in north grand rapids and will most likely stay in that area maybe a little bit further south.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
      Welcom. Hope to meet you soo. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
Welcome to MOC!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Hello all.  I just purchased a membership today and hope to start attending some events.  I am currently working on getting a seminar setup in the Grand Rapids area and really look forward to meeting some of you.

Brian

CPL holder since 2008

Hey Brian,
Welcome! I'm in and around GR every day. Not too many events in the last few years BUT  we HAVE had a few OC seminars and there are a few of us who would like to focus on having more meetups in the GR area. Once again, WELCOME!
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline TheElk

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »
Hi! I'm to the west of you in Allendale! Welcome!
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.