Author Topic: Recommend a Voice Recorder  (Read 3989 times)

Offline Beo

Recommend a Voice Recorder
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »
Do you guys have any recommendations for a good voice recorder? I have heard that I should get one with a mic that I can clip to my shirt. Is there anything else that I should look for? Do they make a voice recorder that is voice activated that I can leave on all day?

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
Re: Recommend a Voice Recorder
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »
I use the Olympus WS-500M.
It records directly to .MP3 format, has built in USB capability and has an on-board USB powered charging system for the rechargeable battery that is supplied with it.

Also, unlike most of the other recorders I looked at it will record all day on only one battery.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »
I have one from Radio Shack - fairly inexpensive, and it turns on quick (don't leave it running all day).  It's small, and sits nicely in my coat pocket (I don't tend to carry it when I'm at home/work.)  As a backup, I have my Android phone on my belt, and have a voice recorder installed on it.

Here is the one I bought from Radio Shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4394907
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
Do you have a smart phone? There are numerous apps for different phones that serve this purpose, some upload to the net as it records so it can not be deleted as easily as a normal recorder.