Author Topic: The City of Warren OC Awareness Bike Ride Through Warren and Picnic 5/15/2010!!  (Read 9326 times)

mikestilly

The City of Warren OC Awareness Bike Ride Through Warren and Picnic

Bicycle ride to be more specific.
Disclaimer: *OC Bike Ride for CPL holders, non-cpl holders ride at your own risk.*
As everyone probably already knows Warren needs some improvement in OC awareness. This should be a fun way to do it.

Where To Meet (Bike Ride): My house will post address
Where To Meet (Picnic: Park at Halmich Park
Address: Halmich Park Warren, Michigan
From Date: Sat, 05/15/2010 @ 11:00am
Picnic Start Time: Noon
To Date: Sat, 05/15/2010 @ 4:00pm

mikestilly

We're looking at purchasing custom (Open Carry) shirts for the bike ride.  $6.25 per shirt.  If you're interested please post your size.  We need to purchase 12 shirts in order to maintain the current price. 

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
Picture?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

mikestilly

Picture?

No picture yet.  I'd like to find 12 people first.  Don't think it's going to be too hard.  All we'd need is to come up with a pro open carry phrase and maybe a pic of a handgun.

Warchild

"I'm cured"

Offline RandyK

Ive always been a fan of "Nothing to Hide"

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
I kind of like Jerry's picture, not sure how appropriate it is to your message. And alas, I am pretty brokey right now anyway!
United we STAND!

Offline RandyK

How about these?Lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:38:36 PM by RandyK »

Offline Beerme

I will try to attend buddy
Wont be there for the bike ride, no bike or cpl, ill try to come to the picnic though

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
Michigan Open Carry will not be hosting or co-hosting a picnic on this day. The restroom facilities will not be available, the pavilion cannot be rented and there is a scheduled park cleanup taking place on this date.

It is my understanding that there has been a picnic in Warren for the last few years, and I would like to see the tradition continue. However, it must be planned later in the year for everyone's comfort. Perhaps something in late June or early July.

I would still encourage everyone to participate in the bike ride and even to meet up at the park afterward for socializing, but bear in mind there will be cleanup crews there until the afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:43:31 PM by jeffsayers »
United we STAND!

mikestilly

Let me make this clear.  The bathrooms at the facility are widely available.  There are port-o-potties and also a full mens and womens bathroom on site and open to the public.  

Offline RandyK

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:18:28 AM by RandyK »

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
great picnic mikestilly! my daughter and i had a great time. the speakers were very informative. thanks for the time and effort put into the cause.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
well i must say that i am very pleased with how things turned out at the picnic, i witnessed some real discussion on topics that concern myself and thought that the 3 politickers had good things to say! at it didn't seem like they were just telling me what i wanted to hear, which is good!i met some great OC people and yes i even liked the marine, he was a good guy.  i know that my army friends will give me crap for saying that but it is, what it is after all! give credit where credit is due my grama always said!i am looking forward to "showing the colors" at more MOC events and i really enjoyed the back and forth between our MOC president and some of his subjects, and soon to be subjects! he a good guy doing a tuff job! agin great event

Shaun
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

mikestilly

well i must say that i am very pleased with how things turned out at the picnic, i witnessed some real discussion on topics that concern myself and thought that the 3 politickers had good things to say! at it didn't seem like they were just telling me what i wanted to hear, which is good!i met some great OC people and yes i even liked the marine, he was a good guy.  i know that my army friends will give me crap for saying that but it is, what it is after all! give credit where credit is due my grama always said!i am looking forward to "showing the colors" at more MOC events and i really enjoyed the back and forth between our MOC president and some of his subjects, and soon to be subjects! he a good guy doing a tuff job! agin great event

Shaun

Thanks for coming Shun.  It was a hell of a lot of work but it was also lots of fun.  It's not everyday I have Mayor Fouts calling me with questions about our events.  

Special thanks goes out to RandyK for cooking his ass off for all of us.  Thanks to Mayor Fouts and the city of Warren for helping us with the event.  Thanks to the commissioner and the Warren PD.  It was nice having so many officials at the picnic.  It allowed them to see what it was about.  Thanks to the Warren city council members whom also attended the picnic.  

Mike

Offline RandyK

Thanks Mike!!

Offline TaxWhat

Never say Never !Thank You one and all !