Author Topic: Hello from white lake  (Read 3092 times)

Offline Michhunter

Hello from white lake
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »
        Hello everyone new to the forum I am just getting into the open carry thought's. I have been thinking about starting to carry but not sure what or were or if there is a time to or not to carry. I guess the real question would be do I carry everywhere I go or just where I know I can or when? I have though about it but can you just walk into stores and stuff like that carrying? I guess I think I need some more info on it then what do I tell my other half when I start leaving the house with it on my side. So anything you could help me out with and make it easier to carry would be great. Do I need to be a paid member to go to the lunch in's or to the benefit shoot's or anything like that. I would love too be a paid member but times are not good right now.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hello from white lake
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:25:34 PM »
Feel free to come to our gatherings. No need to be a paid member to attend.

Do you have a CPL?

Is your pistol lawfully registered to you?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
Re: Hello from white lake
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:56 PM »
Welcome aboard!

There is tons of info here, just search for what questions you have.  Also, coming to one of the seminars would probably be very helpful for you.

As to when/where to carry, the answer would be simply 'yes'.  You should carry anywhere and everywhere you feel comfortable.  (Within the law, of course.)  The question about the CPL was intended to help us help you - there are different rules for those with CPLs and those without.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Michhunter

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:56:18 AM »
No I do not have my cpl but I would like to get one but don't have the founds to do it right now.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
Welcome to the forums and the fight.  Paid memberships is just one way to show support to the cause and firearms rights in general.  It is no more important or less important then the daily fight where we make sure the public knows that guns are not evil by being good citizens in our daily lives with a pistol.  Welcome again to the forums, enjoy your stay.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher