Author Topic: OC in DeWitt, Noticed!  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Helljumper09

OC in DeWitt, Noticed!
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:48:44 AM »
Me and two buddies of mine Oced in the DeWitt Hungry Howies a couple of days ago. This place in particular, is one we visit often and know pretty much all the people who work there. So all three of us were standing at the counter OCing and a guy comes in the door, looks at all of us and says " So you guys are open carrying huh?' we said yes and then he introduced himself as the president of the Mid Michigan Sportsmens Club, the one down on the tight corner on Canal Rd in Lansing. He asked us if we would like to come out and check out their facilities and try out the range for free. Then when we were leaving, he knocks on my car window and asks us if we wall had CPL's. Me and one other guy did and our other younger buddy did not. He was worried that he was carrying in the car, which is illegal. Our younger buddy knows and he gave his gun to my Other friend and we showed him our CPL's cuz he didn't believe us the first time.  we all had a laugh cuz this is the first time anyone has said anything to us about OC. Kinda long story I know but it is my FIRST OC story so lay off the negatives please. 
Accidents happen when some idiot puts his boogerhook on the bang switch!

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
Re: OC in DeWitt, Noticed!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
i would have told the guy to stop hitting my car and driven away
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:40:01 AM »
Cool story man... Your gonna take the free range time arn't you? My wife and I were in a rent to own store yesterday and the clerk asked me about open carry, but he sure did'nt offer any free rental time... :P Thats a bunch of crap!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
I would have thanked him for being concerned about the legality of my actions, but no CPL would have been displayed.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
I agree also. to much infor. for him. Carry On. And be safe. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
Oh, rest assured had you told him to get bent & drove away he would have dialed 911! I think he secretly was hoping he could jam you guys up. I lot of gun club "officials" frown on OC for some odd reason or another :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993