Author Topic: Met with Taylor PD Leadership today  (Read 6647 times)

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Met with Taylor PD Leadership today
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »
OC'd with sprinklerguy28 into the Taylor PD Headquarters. We met for a hour and half meeting with the Police Chief, 2 Lieutenants, a Sergeant and a Detective. We had a great back and forth discussing OC from their perspective and ours. We talked about different situations and what to expect from both sides during an interaction. Overall a great discussion with respect given by and received by all. We look forward to continuing the dialog with them and other PD's in the future.

Offline 13mile9

Re: Met with Taylor PD Leadership today
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
You will be able to post a brief overview of your conversation?   i.e. -- what are their views... is it consistant with state law..  do they even like OC.....etc...

Very curious.

Spec

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
I think a Youtube video next time would be... wait for it... AWESOME!

Offline emt805

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 12:45:40 AM »
Maybe they should train their road patrol on respect as well. There is no reason an officer needs to be yelling from 5 feet away from my window "where's you gun" assuming that I have one yet that I am the registered owner of said automobile on a traffic stop

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
OC'd with sprinklerguy28 into the Taylor PD Headquarters. We met for a hour and half meeting with the Police Chief, 2 Lieutenants, a Sergeant and a Detective. We had a great back and forth discussing OC from their perspective and ours. We talked about different situations and what to expect from both sides during an interaction. Overall a great discussion with respect given by and received by all. We look forward to continuing the dialog with them and other PD's in the future.

Was there any mention of the incident that happened back in July? , when we were told to leave,and when we asked about why they denied a purchase permit we were told "Oh Well sue us"  by an officer.  It seems like they have had a change of heart since then.
If so,what made them see the light?

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:50:19 AM »
I will bite my tongue on this one & reserve judgment on TPD for now. I see this meeting springing from the constant pressure that has been applied to them. Without it, they would never of even imagined having this meeting. It is a "baby step" in the right direction by them & I hope they get up to speed quickly fron this point forward. Good job guys!  :-X
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Was there any mention of the incident that happened back in July? , when we were told to leave,and when we asked about why they denied a purchase permit we were told "Oh Well sue us"  by an officer.  It seems like they have had a change of heart since then.

That incident was brought up and it is still a sore subject. So in that instance, there is no "seeing the light". Our discussion was focused on the more broad issue of OCers in public and how to act when met with an officer. Overall, it was a good meeting.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:26:37 PM »

That incident was brought up and it is still a sore subject. So in that instance, there is no "seeing the light". Our discussion was focused on the more broad issue of OCers in public and how to act when met with an officer. Overall, it was a good meeting.

Typical of them, ask others to obey the law while they break it....nice. I see this as a PR move by the chief to avoid any meddling by city council as to why the PD cannot grasp the law in relation to OC. In other words, more lip service. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it, as he goes out of his way to cover for rogue officers under his command. >:(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:08:46 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »
While I don't know all of the facts regarding the incident in July of 2010, I do know enough facts to say that a reasonable person should withhold judgement of the Taylor PD until all facts are known. As I understand it, a certain period of time needed to pass before official information could be obtained by third parties.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
While I don't know all of the facts regarding the incident in July of 2010, I do know enough facts to say that a reasonable person should withhold judgement of the Taylor PD until all facts are known. As I understand it, a certain period of time needed to pass before official information could be obtained by third parties.

I think you need know a little more before you chime in here Jeff.  If you request any info on the incident you mentioned you'll find it was all destroyed by them. End of story? ???
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:16:43 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
comment removed by poster.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:15:18 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993