Author Topic: Holster and Belt Selection  (Read 26095 times)

Offline army74

Re: Holster and Belt Selection
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 03:31:19 AM »
Ive got a level 2 serpa holster no problem there is a adjustment screw on it i would need more info on the problem. I use my 9mm sigma in it ive got a ruger 38special,looking at a ruger lcp 380 or a sccy 9mm compact let me know your opinions on them and what holster to best fit them.

Offline Beerme

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 11:55:30 PM »
Were you guys crawling around in gravel? Is it possible that it was an old one which had the failure prone retention button?

it was the old one you can look at the color and tell
the old crap ones were light gray
they were the ones that had the bad button
and the ones that broke off the paddle easily

Offline Bronson

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2010, 12:51:50 AM »
I've been messing with my Serpa and I've found that I can make it jam every single time.  To make the jam happen just pull up on the gun, like you're drawing it, before you press the button.  With upward pressure on the gun the button will not depress and it won't release until you put downward pressure on the gun and press the button.

Of course this is what it's supposed to do, prevent somebody from pulling the gun without pushing the button.  If I lay my finger on the release button as I get my grip with downward pressure on the gun it releases like butter...every time.  The training vids I've encountered all say to come down on the gun when obtaining your grip and the Serpa seems to require that in order to function properly.  At least mine do.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
I still contend that the problems with the new design serpa is a training problem not a mechanical.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."