Author Topic: What do you say?  (Read 5889 times)

Offline yellowjacket

What do you say?
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »
When you are asked why do u open carry?  Or why in here?  How do u hande the situation?

Offline BTAvery

Re: What do you say?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »
Because I can usually shuts most people up. But, I only like to say that to people that have an attitude that ask me if there nice its included usually the last thing and the rest is something along the lines as because I want to protect myself and my family, because its legal, and because I can.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:22 AM »
Because I love life and the people around me.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Beo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:30:26 AM »
It depends on the situation. If the person is showing honest curiosity, then I explain to them my personal reasons. Always keep a few tri-folds handy. If they give me a smart-ass attitude, then I give them a smart-ass answer.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Here Here Carry On 8).
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
When you are asked why do u open carry?  Or why in here?  How do u hande the situation?
I say I carry for all lawful purposes.  If they why I carry, I ask them why they don't.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline link2derek

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 11:34:22 PM »
I have been carrying for over ten years, and I have never had anyone ask me, "Why do you open carry?"  The questions are usually as follows:

"What's the gun for?"  And I reply, "For launching projectiles at sub/super-sonic speeds."

"What do you need a gun for?"  And I reply, "I hope I don't need it -- but I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

"Why do you carry a gun?"  And I reply, "Because it's more convenient and less cumbersome than carrying a box of grenades."

"What's with the gun, dude?"  And I reply, "Bullets, dude."

Of course, I try to be cordial and friendly and, if the person will hear me, I like to explain the legality of law-abiding citizens carrying firearms for the protection of themselves, others, and the state.

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »
"Because a cop is too heavy." They get a nice response after that though.

I had a fun encounter with a little girl in Long John Silvers last month... She asked me if I was a boy (I have long hair), I said yes, then she asked why I had a gun, and I told her it was "for little girls that ask too many questions." Her mom had a fit but her dad bought me my fish taco.
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:57:45 PM »
"for personal protection of myself and those around me wherever i go" (tells them they are under the umbrella of protection while you are there and also draws attention to their vulnerability when you leave)
"why do you need a gun?" because lawless people illegally have them to prey on people like you that don't
"who do you plan on shooting with that?" nobody. if you plan on shooting somebody that's murder.
"why do you carry it out like that?" i want anybody planning on a violent act upon me or those around me to know that armed people like myself are here to stop them if they try. the more armed people they see in an area the less likely they are to to choose victims in this area. police departments are laying officers off. the less police visible the higher the violent crime rate.
"you don't need that around here" yes i do. call the police and tell them where you live and ask if any violent crimes have been reported within a 5 mile radius of there within the past few days. bet there have. in a car a violent offender can be 5 miles in minutes. affluent areas aren't exempt from deadly acts.
"who do you need to protect yourself from?" anybody
i say "i choose not to be a victim. don't wait to be one yourself"
i've posted this one before - "you planning on a shooting spree with that?" my answer - "no. of course not. oh wait...what's today? thursday? is it thursday?...ahhhh...ok..then no....not today"
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline shadow120

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
its legal