Author Topic: New guy  (Read 4163 times)

Offline bigbob

New guy
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
Hey everyone! Been lurking around long enough and finally signed up. I'm from the downriver area and love what you guys do for gun owners rights. Open carry myself from time to time and this site convinced me to do it as more of a rule rather than exception. I have a CPL as well. I have to admit I have never seen anyone open carry in my life (I'm on the younger side) and I am glad to do my part to spread awareness and lawfully carry my pistol in plain view. Hope I can meet you all at an event soon. Great info on this site and really opened my eyes a lot. I am very glad I was never approached by anyone LEO or otherwise before reading this site to learn the suggested conduct. cheers everyone!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
New guy
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
Hi Bob,

I have in-law family in the downriver area. Stay safe. I hear there are parts of Detroit you will be shot by multiple adversaries for merely bringing a gun into "their" turf. Now that Detroit has fallen below 750,000:

They can no longer charge income tax at 3.5% (they must shrink to 1%).
They will loose Federal Funding for cities over 750k.

...I fear the worse for Detroit is ahead.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bigbob

Re: New guy
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »
very familiar with Detroit's situation. I said i was from the downriver area as this is somewhat of my headquarters my family has run a construction business down here for around 50 years now. I have however lived all over southeast MI including downtown Detroit and you are right it is not hard to make a wrong turn and find yourself very obviously not welcome haha. I lived across the street from Comerica Park and that is not bad at all. right down town and relatively safe but I have never oc'd down there. I just moved back downriver from the Ann Arbor area a few months ago. I agree Detroit is in a tough spot and the so called "Leaders" or the city and their culture of corruption didnt give the city a fighting chance. My old lady works at and attends Wayne State University. It is such a shame to see the city I spend so much time in going down the pipe. I just bought her first hang gun for her birthday and im warming her up to the idea to open carry with me:) strength in numbers

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
     Welcome to the forums.  Family carry is a great way to promote firearms rights.  The bulk of what we do is showing everyday people that everyday people carry firearms and that the firearm is not evil.  I am amazed at how much effort is put into the myth of firearms, ammo, and clips being evil, and so little effort into dispelling the myth that criminals just need a second chance.

-northofnowhere
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:42 PM »
     Welcome to the forums.  Family carry is a great way to promote firearms rights.  The bulk of what we do is showing everyday people that everyday people carry firearms and that the firearm is not evil.  I am amazed at how much effort is put into the myth of firearms, ammo, and clips being evil, and so little effort into dispelling the myth that criminals just need a second chance.

-northofnowhere

The second chance is the worst one, recidivism rates are crazy high.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 05:24:12 PM »
Welcome, there are a few of us in the downriver area that OC on a regular basis. Hope to meet you sometime.

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Hi New guy 
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington