Author Topic: Shooting ranges  (Read 6073 times)

Offline BTAvery

Shooting ranges
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a range outdoor unsupervised (not that I'm doing anything wrong but I'm tired of these armchair experts telling me how to do stuff at the range I do stuff my way for a reason). Looking for the range in Kent, Newaygo, and or Montcalm counties.

Offline BTAvery

Re: Shooting ranges
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a range outdoor unsupervised (not that I'm doing anything wrong but I'm tired of these armchair experts telling me how to do stuff at the range I do stuff my way for a reason). Looking for the range in Kent, Newaygo, and or Montcalm counties.
Delete post friend just got back to me going to have to drive all the way to Alto. I don't understand why so many "sportsmans clubs" don't allow the public.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »
Delete post friend just got back to me going to have to drive all the way to Alto. I don't understand why so many "sportsmans clubs" don't allow the public.

If anybody could just show up and do as they please, it would sort of defeat the prupose of charging membership dues to be in a sportsmans club, wouldn't it?

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »
If you're ever going to be down Kalamazoo way on a weekday give me a buzz.  I belong to the Kalamazoo Rod & Gun Club and can take two guests. 

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:24:22 AM »

If anybody could just show up and do as they please, it would sort of defeat the prupose of charging membership dues to be in a sportsmans club, wouldn't it?
Thats true but members could be given said times that the range was closed to the public all the places I talked to were that they were open to the public for about 4 hours every other week and then it was only certain areas that you had to wait to rotate through.

If you're ever going to be down Kalamazoo way on a weekday give me a buzz.  I belong to the Kalamazoo Rod & Gun Club and can take two guests. 

Bronson
Thanks for the offer but it appears as though Caledonia Sportsman Club will work great there open often. Maybe if there was some people interested in doing a shoot we could set something up on this side of the state though or a dinner didn't know about the kalamazoo one till it was already going on.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Shooting ranges
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
Liability Insurance is an issue. It's cheaper to ensure a limited membership versus the general public.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
Liability Insurance is an issue. It's cheaper to ensure a limited membership versus the general public.
Makes sense not used to not being in my old town drive half mile from downtown and theres a shooting range $5 a gun. Open dusk to dawn every day of the year.

Offline philipsteele

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 03:07:50 AM »
you can find the solution from Range Safety Officer, they will help you with clearing of all your problems...

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 03:19:12 AM »
Not so sure about unsupervised outdoor ranges. But highcarbonsteel1911 has an unsupervised indoor range in his double wide.  ;D
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update