Author Topic: Weapon Concealed by Hand????  (Read 4694 times)

Offline tatteredmg

Weapon Concealed by Hand????
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
my Father was telling me of a gentleman who was cited for concealing his weapon while sitting and eating in a restaurent. the LEO claimed that this persons right hand covered the butt of his pistol and thus concealed it? from what i have heard he was wearing a speedo and carrying a 44 mag...scary but not against the law imo. any thoughts or opinions? trying to show my father the light of OC.

Offline BTAvery

Re: Weapon Concealed by Hand????
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »
I believe the law states it has to be clearly seen by an officer approaching you. Now wether or not that is the butt of the pistol or the holster or ???. I don't know from what I know it sounds to be a story/rumor to scare those that cc from ocing. (Not claiming anything about your father but we all sometimes hear a story and pass it along as though its true whether we know it or not)

Offline firefighter7206

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »
If that was the case does your father have a CPL(concealed Pistol License) if so then he should be covered that way as well. But you never know. Some LEO's have nothing better to do than harass law abiding folk.
My views and opinions are just that MINE!  GOD BLESS AMERICA :) CARRY ON

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 02:07:16 PM »
my Father was telling me of a gentleman who was cited for concealing his weapon while sitting and eating in a restaurent. the LEO claimed that this persons right hand covered the butt of his pistol and thus concealed it? from what i have heard he was wearing a speedo and carrying a 44 mag...scary but not against the law imo. any thoughts or opinions? trying to show my father the light of OC.

ROFLMAO
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline tatteredmg

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:59 PM »
my father was not the one carrying...he does have a cpl and doesnt support the open carry movement. he thinks its just asking for trouble..sadly he isnt worried about criminals but the people who are supposed to protect him..

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »
stories hilariously unrealistic.  On a related note to your father tatteredmg.....  My mother in law dislikes firearms at all, no one really needs them so please don't bring those big ugly guns around me.  She has been viciously attacked by loose dogs three times in as many years......she didn't see the correlation.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:26:07 PM »
 :) I'll say this an then leave it alone. If the LEO, can see it, it's open. especially if it was in a hoster on the out side of his pants. "Read Read Read the laws.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »

Poppycock, I call BS, never happened.  Daddy is just trying to talk you out of OCing.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.