Author Topic: Open Carry Seminar at the Dowagiac Conservation Club on April 28th @7:00 PM  (Read 5531 times)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Michigan Open Carry Inc. will be holding a free OC seminar at the Dowagiac Conservation Club on April 28th @ 7:00 PM

This will be a 1 to 2 hour seminar on the legality of carrying a firearm openly with or without a CPL. You will learn about how the various firearm carry laws interact in MI and what you can and cannot legally do in regards to OC and CC.

Directions: http://tinyurl.com/directions-link

Please direct any questions to rransom@miopencarry.org
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:11:06 PM by autosurgeon »
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
Remember this is coming up Thursday! See you all there!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline redskin

• ...our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.
This was a great event, and many thanks to autosurgeon for making the trip out to Dowagiac. I counted 40 people in total showed up, and I recognized some LEOs and the Cass County Clerk. The Security Director for Southwestern Michigan College also showed up with one of the professors there.

I'd like to see this happen again this summer, but now that I know a little more about what it takes to get it going, I think we can do a lot better. For one, I didn't promote this like I should have--I think I can double the turn-out. I'd also like to do it on a Saturday, and follow it with a picnic or a dinner. The owner of the Wounded Minnow Saloon has indicated he would be willing to give written permission for us to carry there. So, an afternoon talk followed by a group trip downtown would work perfectly.

Here are some pictures of this event:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:46:31 AM by autosurgeon »
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
It was a great event and a nice turnout! I was glad to come out to Dowagiac and glad to see the gentlemen from SMC in attendance as well as the County Employees!

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Thank you for hosting the event, Redskin!! We very much appreciate the support. Hearing about some of the attendees is great, we love having LEO's attend our seminars. I think a summer event like you described will be fantastic, let us know what we can do to make it happen!!

Offline redskin

Thanks guys. I also forgot to mention: We were a little hesitant about the Dowagiac Conservation Club supporting the event as the Board had forced us to wait over a month before approving the use of the building. Well, a number of the Board members were there and loved the seminar. I don't think we'll see any of the hands-off attitude towards OC there anymore.
A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
Yeah that is usually the case! Just like when you take a none gun person shooting for the first time!

Offline redskin

Can we get a letter sent out to these guys to say thanks? I think their next board meeting is on the 9th. I will, of course, express my own thanks, but I thought MOC could spread the love.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
I will request that the board do so!

anetsprungen

I was really sorry I had to miss it, but I was down in Maryland that week.  I'm glad there was a good turnout and I hope to attend the next one.  I've been to Dowagiac several times over the last fifteen years but it has been more than five since my last visit.  I attended several pow wows and visited with acquaintances I met who follow the Pow Wow Trail.

Roy
 8)