Author Topic: New girl from the Downriver area..  (Read 4297 times)

Offline babyglock

New girl from the Downriver area..
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
I'm a newbie to the boards, bigbob's "old lady" (he's also a newbie), a full time college student (graduating next month) and employee of Wayne State University. I just got my first handgun, a Glock 26, as a birthday present from bigbob. I am new to the gun world in general, and I am loving it. This site has been extremely informative and I'm really looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable about gun rights and spreading the word!

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: New girl from the Downriver area..
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
Welcome.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
Welcome  :D May I suggest You & BigBob attend an OC event where you can "pick the brains" of some of our GURU's? There is a dinner coming up on April 20th at ShishGardens in Woodhaven. I'll post the link to that event in a minute ;)

I'm so silly...after I posted the link I saw that You & Bob are going to be there! Doooh.. :-[... I look forward to meeting both of you & many others that will be in attendance
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:31:20 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »

Link -> http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=1162.0 Contents below for those internet challenged members ;)

MOC invites everyone to an open carry dinner at The "Shishgarden" Restaurant in Woodhaven, MI. (Downriver) Time: 6:30pm
 It is located at 22673 Allen Rd. (just north of West Road). Come out and have dinner with family & friends new and old!
When you come, bring someone new to OC and show them we are all just friendly law abiding people.

Let's get to know each other better :-). We spoke with the manager, Adel, and he is excited to have us. There is no liquor license at this restaurant.

Hope we see you there! Wednesday, April 20th 6:30pm

Shishgarden.com
22673 Allen Rd.
Woodhaven Mi. 48183
734-362-6600

P.S Great food and friendly people.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:24:35 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Welcome Be Safe, Carry On. While u are carrying, do like u did in school study our laws pretaining to.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline babyglock

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »

Link -> http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=1162.0 Contents below for those internet challenged members ;)

MOC invites everyone to an open carry dinner at The "Shishgarden" Restaurant in Woodhaven, MI. (Downriver) Time: 6:30pm
 It is located at 22673 Allen Rd. (just north of West Road). Come out and have dinner with family & friends new and old!
When you come, bring someone new to OC and show them we are all just friendly law abiding people.

Let's get to know each other better :-). We spoke with the manager, Adel, and he is excited to have us. There is no liquor license at this restaurant.

Hope we see you there! Wednesday, April 20th 6:30pm

Shishgarden.com
22673 Allen Rd.
Woodhaven Mi. 48183
734-362-6600

P.S Great food and friendly people.

Thanks! Yep we will be there and are looking forward to it! :)

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
A gathering on 4/20 sounds fun.

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »
Welcome aboard!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln