Author Topic: OC in theater  (Read 3308 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
OC in theater
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
here's my question. OC in a theater with a CPL even tho it is a PFZ and covered under law as legal as OC regardless of seating capacity and you aren't asked to leave by managers but police are called - when sitting in your movie seat isn't that then considered concealed like a car seat and then subject to conceal restrictions?
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: OC in theater
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
Car seats are not concealed. That is part of transporting law.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
Re: OC in theater
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »
here's my question. OC in a theater with a CPL even tho it is a PFZ and covered under law as legal as OC regardless of seating capacity and you aren't asked to leave by managers but police are called - when sitting in your movie seat isn't that then considered concealed like a car seat and then subject to conceal restrictions?

Sitting in a car seat. Concealed? :o

The only reason you need a CPL to Carry in a car is that the law states one "shall not carry concealed or otherwise" (or something very similar) in a vehicle without a valid CPL.

On the subject of sitting in a seat concealing the firearm, I believe that has been covered regarding booths in restaurants and the general consensus was that it was not concealing.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010