Author Topic: Fox 2 News  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Tallbear

Fox 2 News
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
Open carry dinner on "let it rip" tonight's 10 o'clock news.

Offline northofnowhere

Re: Fox 2 News
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/let_it_rip/let-it-rip-water-battle-gun-plan-20110127-wpms

note there are two video links, first one that auto plays is about water bill, you just click the second video.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »
DId you mean to link to that old video from mid january?

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
lol, that is an old one.  he said tonights, as in last night, but that is the only one available. on the site, you would think all episodes would be available to watch. :(

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Offline METL

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:17:19 AM »
I was just reading the comments on that video...    went thru 3 pages and not one anti comment...    pretty cool..  usually the lib-tards are in full effect on a news site....

Offline METL

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »
Just watched the second video....     Virg is an idiot.   "I support your right to protect your children"    "no guns in library".   What?!   Ok Virg, if I take my kids to the library, how can I protect them if there's no guns in the library or to and from my car in the library parking lot... etc...

Love people that say one thing, immediately followed by saying the opposite.

Rick did a GREAT job.... and it was great to see a more balanced panel.   THe black lady was perfect example of emotional based anti.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
  We still fail to communicate that it's an inherent unalienable right granted at birth by our Creator, and guaranteed by the United States Constitution, and the Michigan Constitution.   Right to carry is not a State law, State law implies that A law was passed, and that it is a privilege which can be regulated, and/or taken away. We need a set of standard talking points we can use when stating our argument, and a set for replies to various statements made against our cause.  When some one says "Michigan Law allows people to carry openly...We need to correct or interrupt the person and say something like... "It's not a state law it is a Right same as Religion, and free speech!"  or "There is no Law granting us permission, it is a right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights supported even further by the Michigan Constitution.
Good exposure tho!
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 05:03:05 PM »
  We still fail to communicate that it's an inherent unalienable right granted at birth by our Creator, and guaranteed by the United States Constitution, and the Michigan Constitution.   Right to carry is not a State law, State law implies that A law was passed, and that it is a privilege which can be regulated, and/or taken away. We need a set of standard talking points we can use when stating our argument, and a set for replies to various statements made against our cause.  When some one says "Michigan Law allows people to carry openly...We need to correct or interrupt the person and say something like... "It's not a state law it is a Right same as Religion, and free speech!"  or "There is no Law granting us permission, it is a right guaranteed in the Bill of Rights supported even further by the Michigan Constitution.
Good exposure tho!

Good points And I agree!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »
Well said Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »
Just watched the second video....     Virg is an idiot.   "I support your right to protect your children"    "no guns in library".   What?!   Ok Virg, if I take my kids to the library, how can I protect them if there's no guns in the library or to and from my car in the library parking lot... etc...

I saw Mr. Mayor on the Lake Lansing Road Meijer on the way out of it 2 months ago.  I was OC'ing and he passed my strong side on the way in.  I said "Good Afternoon, Mr. Mayor."  He returned the greeting.  I don't know if he saw my arm, I really don't care.  He surely didn't saw boo about it at the time.

That being said -- he's like most other democrats on this issue :(

So much for being the party of personal freedom -- oh wait, that was the Republicans -- ohhh, hmmm, that's right they aren't for personal liberty either *sighs*
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »
Rick did a fine job.  Thank you, Rick, for being a good advocate and for having the courage it takes to be on TV.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »
@ Q  Democrats have never been about individual freedoms, they just say that to entice you then they give you Crack under the name of "Helping the Little man" or the "Poor"  All they are concerned with is how many potential voters can i get, and how many people can we make dependent on Govt.  Tax and Spend

As far as Rick I watched the Let it rip and thought it was good as well, Rick did much better than I would have as far as remaining calm. I just think we need to Be more focused on A single Point and that is that open carry is a Right "God Given.   I meant no offense to any one in our Organization.   :)
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
Virg is such a fool. "Guns are scary, they are scary to most kids", more people die in car crashes every year, does he teach his kids to be scared of cars? Does this guy even realize kids have to learn what to be scared of?