Author Topic: Traverse City OC Junior Royal Parade  (Read 4176 times)

Offline erosema

Traverse City OC Junior Royal Parade
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:59:36 PM »
I OC'd today while watching the Junior Royal parade with my wife and youngest daughter.  As many know TC during this time of year has a overwhelming amount of LEO's that at times seem very eager to overstep there boundaries.  We parked three blocks away and made our way to the corner of Union St. and 7th Street in front of Brady's Bar where we found a spot to watch the parade.  Being that LEO's were in the vicinity blocking the roads I was quickly noticed.  The officer that was watching the road within minutes was checking me out.  I minded my own business as we waited for the parade to get to us.  After a few minutes the LEO walked behind me and came back around directly in front of me.  The LEO approached me and said "Open Carrying Today,  I just noticed that you have a gat" and chuckled.  I responded "Yes, A right not exercised is a right lost".  He replied "I am not harassing you, I respect your rights to OC".  I replied "Thank you sir".  He then said and i am paraphrasing here that he came and spoke with me as a gesture comfort the people in the area so that he did not have to deal with people making reports.  The LEO was very respectful, did not ask for ID, and made his way back to his post.  No one in the area seemed to bat an eye for the duration of the parade.  I also had a local body shop owner who was there with his son and granddaughter talk to me about fishing for about an hour during the course of the parade never once looking at me like I was in the wrong or even mentioning the P226 on my side.  The only difference that I noticed from a usual trip downtown is that I had no bums trying to get money from me or trying to talk to my children.  In fact the few shady looking people loitering around the area mysteriously disappeared shortly after we arrived.  Great experience and satisfying that the LEO treated me with the utmost respect.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Traverse City OC Junior Royal Parade
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »
...happy First post
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline erosema

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
Sorry, I should have posted this under OC Experiences.  Guess I am a noob. lol

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Sorry, I should have posted this under OC Experiences.  Guess I am a noob. lol

Good story, nonetheless!

Welcome to MOC!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
 :) There learning (LEO's) Carry On. Oh Yea WELCOME.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.