Author Topic: Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges  (Read 15540 times)

Offline TaxWhat

Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges
« on: April 22, 2011, 04:44:47 AM »
Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges
Pastor's Gun Goes Off Outside Fox 2

Moments after he appeared live on Fox 2's "Let it Rip" show, Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges in the station parking lot. Southfield Police say it was an accident and no charges were filed. *Pastor Terry Jones Live on "Let It Rip"

The controversy over a planned protest in Dearborn is the subject of this week's Let it Rip with Huel Perkins. Controversial Pastor Terry Jones sits next to the Imam who leads Dearborn's Islamic Center of America. VIDEO REPLAY>>

**** * http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/

Offline METL

Re: Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
Wow...  what a jackass.  Well, let me explain.. I already KNEW he was...  and he has proved it... but I didnt' even think he could be THAT much of an idiot.   WOW>

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:58:40 AM »
Yes gets you to think. ::) ::)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:20:42 AM »
What is odd about a certain aspect of the overall story is that during the trial yesterday of the organization's denied permit is that there was a protest of Jones held, WITHOUT ANY PERMIT, at the very site that Jones was denied a permit to hold his protest.

Interesting that those that preach tolerance the most are the most intolerant.

Also that some who preach protection of rights on this very site are some who would move to see the rights of others suppressed via violence. ???
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35:40 AM »
Related question I guess, do others of you who enter a place where you can't carry remove your firearm from the holster?  When I get home, or go into a building where I can't carry at all I remove the whole assembly, as in the holster and the pistol.  I would much rather the hassle of removing my belt partially then to have the possibility of an accidental discharge.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
This is why I carry in a paddle, it let's me remove the holster and pistol without having to take off my belt.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »
Another option for keeping the gun holster and easy removal is the serpa disconnector kit making it so that with the pulling of two buttons and a twist it comes off and the trigger guard area is still covered. (Works great when going number 2 and the kit comes with 2 connectors so it gets locked into my night stand during the night)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 10:48:33 AM »
This is why I carry a 1911. I can hold the slide safety, without engaging the grip safety, as I either remove or insert the weapon into or  out of my waist band. (No holster to fiddle with either.)

Then into and out of the gun vault it goes.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
That's why your mine should be on what your doing, when ever you touch your gun. Carry On Safely ::)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
That's why your mine should be on what your doing, when ever you touch your gun. Carry On Safely ::)

My mind is always on what I'm doing when I'm touching my gun.

As you were.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:22:16 AM »
What is odd about a certain aspect of the overall story is that during the trial yesterday of the organization's denied permit is that there was a protest of Jones held, WITHOUT ANY PERMIT, at the very site that Jones was denied a permit to hold his protest.

Interesting that those that preach tolerance the most are the most intolerant.

Also that some who preach protection of rights on this very site are some who would move to see the rights of others suppressed via violence. ???

I agree with this copmment here.. I believe this guy is a giant jackass, but he does have the right to protest. He should not have had to sit on court, nor pay a 30,000.00 fee to protest.

And just the same, those of us that believe he is a jackass have the right to stand accross the street and let him know that.

Same goes for the Westburrow church, as much as I despise their protest, they have a right, I am just happy to see so many come out and counter protest.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »
has anybody touched on the law itself? if i read it right he is a florida resident with a CPL from there which is honored in michigan thru reciprocity? did he carry it in the tv station building against their policy concealed and didn't tell them and it discharged when he got in his car? did he leave it in the car and was putting it back on? who called the police? gave his gun back and no charges filed or even ticketed? now we all know he is armed. that fact alone will effect any judgement for public speaking permits. he will be seen as picking a fight he will need to shoot his way out of. once again this is another step back for gun carriers.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 08:38:39 PM »
Ok, he had an ND, the police aren't charging him, big whoop.  My thought, if it wasn't for distance, I'd be there to counter protest the ignoramus.

But that's just me.  ;)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
has anybody touched on the law itself? if i read it right he is a florida resident with a CPL from there which is honored in michigan thru reciprocity? did he carry it in the tv station building against their policy concealed and didn't tell them and it discharged when he got in his car? did he leave it in the car and was putting it back on? who called the police? gave his gun back and no charges filed or even ticketed? now we all know he is armed. that fact alone will effect any judgement for public speaking permits. he will be seen as picking a fight he will need to shoot his way out of. once again this is another step back for gun carriers.

He is a Florida resident with a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP).

Michigan honors resident permits from all states.

No, he left the pistol in his vehicle outside the studio. He was "wanded" upon entry.

The firearm discharged in the vehicle, after the interview, while retrieving it.

It is unknown who called the police. Southfield police did take the firearm while conducting their investigation at the police station.

The firearm was returned and there were no charges filed. It was determined that negligence was not involved in the discharge.

The incident has already been a factor in permit issuance. The incident was raised several times during the trial on Friday. The proximity to schools and children going to worship, et al, was bludgeoned during the trial.

And of course the fact that he transported the firearm on an airplane was not overlooked in the slanted news reporting. Naturally with very little mention that it is lawful.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
Southfield police were already on scene for security reasons prior to the ND.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 10:03:47 PM »
Probably because there is a million dollar bounty on him by the muslims for book burning.

Offline dknight16

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:54 PM »
I've drawn and reholstered thousands of times.  No commercially produced holster would fire a gun simply through it's proper use.  The moron pulled the trigger.  I can't believe anyone on this site fears an accidental discharged caused by their holster.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »
I've drawn and reholstered thousands of times.  No commercially produced holster would fire a gun simply through it's proper use.  The moron pulled the trigger.  I can't believe anyone on this site fears an accidental discharged caused by their holster.

This guy is a moron, but were you there to know he pulled the trigger?

This is the most recent I have seen, but not the only time. Before getting all high and mighty, keep in mind the old saying "$#|t happens".
http://www.usacarry.com/mans-leather-holster-causes-accidental-discharge/

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 03:14:40 AM »

Who on this site are you referring to that is fearful? Fear is the last thing I would accuse any one on this site as being.

Practice your troll techniques on glocktalk before trying it here. The trolls here are professionals and take their trolling very serious.