Author Topic: Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges  (Read 15541 times)

Offline emt805

Re: Pastor Terry Jones' gun discharges
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 05:54:36 AM »
I've drawn and reholstered thousands of times.  No commercially produced holster would fire a gun simply through it's proper use.  The moron pulled the trigger.  I can't believe anyone on this site fears an accidental discharged caused by their holster.

You must not have been in the court room to hear the judge in the cadl case.....   ::)

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
To me, removing the holster would be akin to making the bed in the morning. I am just getting right back in again, why bother? I have never personally been concerned about a ND because I pay damn close attention to that thing anytrime I fondle it. Furthermore, when law requires me to temporarily travel in "victim mode" I go a step further and break it down and carry the slide with me. I guess I just have a concern about the vehicle being broken in to and another gun in the hands of the criminal element.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
To me, removing the holster would be akin to making the bed in the morning. I am just getting right back in again, why bother? I have never personally been concerned about a ND because I pay damn close attention to that thing anytrime I fondle it. Furthermore, when law requires me to temporarily travel in "victim mode" I go a step further and break it down and carry the slide with me. I guess I just have a concern about the vehicle being broken in to and another gun in the hands of the criminal element.

Glocks are especially convenient for this. I have opted for the "gunvault" mounted in my truck. Prevents the smash and grab.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
I've heard of the gunvault / similar before and that does sound pretty neat. The only problem is that my truck isn't worth the cost of a can of oil for its squeeky hinges! Sighhhh... one day...
United we STAND!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 02:46:14 PM »
It can be moved to your new truck. It really is very convenient. It reduces the loading and unloading. Those seem to be prime time discharge times. However... it does not relieve the passenger w/o a CPL from having access to a loaded pistol if you were to run into a PFZ and left it in there.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »
I am glad you mentioned about the non-cpl passenger, I would have thought otherwise.
United we STAND!

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
This is why I carry in a paddle, it let's me remove the holster and pistol without having to take off my belt.

+1
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »
It's funny, I take my pistol out of my holster and put it in a "safe place" in my car probably 2-3 times a week, when I enter a pistol free zone.  And of course, I also put it back in my holster when I return to me vehicle, before I leave the parking lot.  My pistol have never fired once, during any of those times.  Maybe I need to get it looked at.  ;)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
It's funny, I take my pistol out of my holster and put it in a "safe place" in my car probably 2-3 times a week, when I enter a pistol free zone.  And of course, I also put it back in my holster when I return to me vehicle, before I leave the parking lot.  My pistol have never fired once, during any of those times.  Maybe I need to get it looked at.  ;)

I assume that by your by your profile notation you've switch to one of those out-dated and old fashioned 1911A1 platforms with the slide safety and grip safety. That could explain the problem.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »

I assume that by your by your profile notation you've switch to one of those out-dated and old fashioned 1911A1 platforms with the slide safety and grip safety. That could explain the problem.
Yeah, that must be the problem.  That's what I get for using a pistol that was designed 100 years ago.  Guess I need to update to something newer, if I want to be able to have an ND in my car.  :)
Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline DrScaryGuy

• Ironically named
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:30 AM »

Given that I work in medical land, I holster (1-2 guns depending on stuff) when I get up in the morning before I go to work, unholster (car lockbox) when I get there, reholster when I get out of work, plus whatever else I have to do (going to bars sometimes, etc).  I really have a hard time seeing how any pistol goes off unless you have your finger inside the guard when you shouldn't... even without the 1911 design
btw, i just bought my first 1911 (ruger sr1911) a week ago.  It's quite nice.

Anybody else figure this jackhole was just trying to let the world know that he carries?  I.E. "If any of them thar mudpeoples sneak up on me at night, they gots a surprise a-comin'."

As for the ruling that he had to pay... well it didn't pass, and after the initial outrage/media blitz even the Muslim community ended up admitting that denying his rights was the wrongest thing to do.  That's why it got knocked back down.  And did I ever have a field day yelling at my Muslim buddies who supported the ban at first, and then i had more than a few "I-told-you-sos" for them when they came around to the free-speech side of the argument.

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
So, Give me a short review on that Ruger SR1911... I've been considering a Kimber Goldmatch II Stainless but the difference in price is considerable!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 02:55:27 AM »
So, Give me a short review on that Ruger SR1911... I've been considering a Kimber Goldmatch II Stainless but the difference in price is considerable!

I wonder why there'd be a considerable difference in price between a Ruger and a Kimber. Don't they both shoot .45ACP?

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 09:28:58 PM »
DrScaryGuy... So... Hows that SR1911? Is the trigger pull smooth? I have a ruger P series .45. There is quite a bit of trigger play if you know what I mean. Is everything tight? No trigger creep as they claim? Thanx for your help.

Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!