Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393361 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #1040 on: February 01, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »
I don't know any details.  I'm in Kansas City right now and heard it from my wife.  He secured the pistol in his car and stayed.  His wife didn't have a problem because she was CCing a Kimber .45 ACP so they didn't know about that one.

Offline ScottyJ98

• First Name (Displayed): Scott
« Reply #1041 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
OC'd  while taking my dog for a walk this evening. This was my first time OC'ing and had no issues.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #1042 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:22 PM »
Good for you Scott!  The second time is even easier!  :)

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #1043 on: March 04, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »
Good for you Scott!  The second time is even easier!  :)
+1

Offline ScottyJ98

• First Name (Displayed): Scott
« Reply #1044 on: March 07, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »
I OC'd for my second time last night. I had to run to Gander Mountain so decided to take the Ruger with me. Not one person said a word and didn't receive any looks. I am going to take a cpl class soon because having to go through the motions of unloading and securing the pistol is annoying.

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
Second day of higher Temps and finally able to wear a spring jacket.   OC at Kentwood Meijer and Quiznos on kalamazoo street today. 

Offline michaelm_ski

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #1046 on: March 10, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
I finally made it back to my favorite site :) , I have been open carrying just around my subdivision and my wife has talked me into getting my cpl so after I get that I will carry a lot more I have had nothing but good experiences to date . Stay safe and carry on my fellow carriers .

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1047 on: March 10, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »
Good stuff!

Offline Deerok

• Seconds the first loser
  • First Name (Displayed): Deerok
« Reply #1048 on: March 18, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »
I went to GB to tactical on Saturday doing some open carrying all was good. had an elderly couple asked me if there were any problems for the carrying I said I've never received any. I had went in there just to BS but I ended up walking out with a good old Marlin 336 .30-30 lever action, it already has a scope on it so I was like me gusta

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #1049 on: March 19, 2015, 11:52:46 AM »
many many places lately, taking me all over the country.

presently im in joplin MO doing it no issue, last night i was in little rock also no issues.

ill be home tommorow and i expect to have no issues in my mackinac city area, either.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #1050 on: May 10, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »
voted last Tues. at lk. fenton high. carried my 9mm Beretta. No issues. One of the precinct watchers commented his approval and referring to the off duty cop stopping the 2 jihadists in the attack in Garland, Tx over the Mohamed cartoon fest

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #1051 on: May 31, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »
stopped at the Taco Bell in Kentwood by M6.  Order some dinner and a guy was in there nodding to my px4 storm.  I was standing back waiting to use the soda fountain.  He said I could come in and use it.  I could have been more friendly than I was. I was kicking myself for not being. Throwing Discs at Brewer park all day.  But I saw he worked from the rapid.  He was asking me if I was working. I mentioned it was legal to open carry in Michigan.  He told me that he knew and his neighbor called police on him while he was cutting grass.  I also open carried in John Ball Park, you have to open carry there cause there is a school on the property.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #1052 on: June 08, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
John Ball park -- isn't that a zoo? In which case, one could argue the property is primarily used for the education of adults and thus CC.

See text of MCL 28.425o and definitions in MCL 750.237a.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #1053 on: June 08, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »
I was OC on my Goldwing Saturday on I-96 eastbound.  I passed a pickup about mile marker 10 and a couple seconds later he hits the gas and comes back along side of me ... I gave a glance over my shoulder not knowing what to expect and saw him getting ready to take a picture.  I gave him a little wave with all 5 fingers and kept on my way. 

My hard chrome 1911 and green pearl grips must really stand out!   :D

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #1054 on: June 08, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »
John Ball park -- isn't that a zoo? In which case, one could argue the property is primarily used for the education of adults and thus CC.

See text of MCL 28.425o and definitions in MCL 750.237a.
It's a mixed use.   There is a public  elementary school on the property.   If we took it by occupied area, it is first and foremost a park owned by the county.  The problem I see is that we don't know where the designated school land starts and stops.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Offline thamm

• Legal Musings
« Reply #1055 on: June 14, 2015, 10:44:01 PM »
I OC'd for the first time today @ Tractor Supply in Trenton & Meijer in Woodhaven. Nothing extraordinary happened.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #1056 on: June 19, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »
good that's the way it should be carry on
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #1057 on: June 28, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
Carried in Arby's in Grandville, MI the week of the Charleston shooting.   The cashier was nervous. Filled up my pop abs waited for my food. A worker double takes and says he is amazed that I was the first person he saw carrying with a ccw.   He asked me what I was carrying. I said px4 storm.  He then said, oh I don't know that one but I do know a lot about glocks and berretas.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was carrying a berretta.    When I was leaving the manager scolded him for talking about firearms with me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Offline Kimber

• First Name (Displayed): Kimberly
« Reply #1058 on: August 24, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
Opened carried in Royal Oak for the first time in CVS at 13 and Woodward. Researched online and it seemed CVS has a hx of not being open carry "friendly". However, my experience was relatively uneventful. Pharmacist looked at my pistol and seemed a little nervous. I chatted him up and he relaxed some. Some bystanders stopped walking when they saw my firearm and then started walking again as I smiled at them. Good stuff.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1059 on: August 24, 2015, 08:40:11 PM »
Good first post, Kimber.  Come on by and introduce yourself.  :)

https://forums.miopencarry.org/index.php/board,3.0.html