Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393244 times)

Offline Kimber

• First Name (Displayed): Kimberly
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #1060 on: August 24, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
Will do.

Offline G36shooter

• MOC Member
  • MOC Member,SE Regonal Coorrdinator
  • First Name (Displayed): Greg
« Reply #1061 on: August 27, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »
Way to go 'Kimber', the more you OC on a daily basis and go about your business as if you were not OCing, the more natural it becomes. Carry On!

Offline Kimber

• First Name (Displayed): Kimberly
« Reply #1062 on: August 28, 2015, 10:53:17 PM »
Thanks, Greg!

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #1063 on: September 16, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
I was out on the Goldwing today.  OC'd my American Classic 1911 to Mr. B's Pancake House in Muskegon, the Secretary of State Office in Muskegon, and West Marine.  No problems anywhere.  The only comment came for a guy outside the SOS that was collecting signatures for a petition to legalize marijuana.    He thought I had some type of "special" job to carry a gun.  "Nope.  Just a salesman."      :D

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #1064 on: September 16, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »
Did you sign the petition?

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #1065 on: September 16, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #1066 on: September 16, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »
yes

A+, I signed earlier this year.  I have an interesting experience from today but will wait a while to share it for various reasons......

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #1067 on: September 17, 2015, 08:19:17 AM »
I sign almost every petition that I'm presented with.  My belief is that if people are that passionate about a topic, they should have the opportunity to present it to the voters.

Offline Zergling

« Reply #1068 on: September 30, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »
I haven't gone anywhere that has given me trouble. Most of the time people ask if I can take it out and show them or whisper to their friend "look he has a gun!" All in all, never any issues. I did have one incident where I was asked to leave or conceal inside a McDonalds. I didn't care to get into a legal battle in front of people so I threw my shirt over it and finished ordering.

A+ times so far. By the way, I can't believe how many people support us regardless of what the media says. 

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #1069 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:41 AM »
Thought I would brush the dust off this thread. OCed at the polls yesterday for the primary. No issues, but still quite a few dirty looks from the board members who remember me and their inability to prevent me from OCing while working the polls. When I was the election inspector a few years ago they tried to force me to sign an employment contract preventing me from carrying because some residents said they were afraid of my gun. I refused, resigned my position and continue to carry while voting.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #1070 on: May 12, 2016, 06:57:02 PM »
Not much action in this thread in recent years.
OC'd at a Chinese Buffet this evening, either nobody noticed or nobody cared. (which is the reason why we quit posting this same old story)
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #1071 on: May 15, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »
I'm going to stop OC, since the only reason I OC is to get a reaction and show off my big gun.  People don't even run from me screaming gun anymore...
/sarc

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #1072 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »
occasionally this sort of thing still happens.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #1073 on: June 30, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »
Hey, somebody noticed your OCing and cared about it.

Somehow I missed hearing about this little anti civil rights circle jerk in advance.
Therefore I didn't get to call an octogenarian any obscene names this week for throwing a temper tantrum in Congress while trying to violate my civil rights.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline G36shooter

• MOC Member
  • MOC Member,SE Regonal Coorrdinator
  • First Name (Displayed): Greg
« Reply #1074 on: June 30, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »
So, we will let you do  "your thing"  exercising your rights in a public meeting, we will do "our thing" keeping an eye on you. Whisky Tango Foxtrot! Carry on brother!

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #1075 on: June 30, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
yeah, i thought he was going to babysit me when he said that, but there were no cops near me
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
« Reply #1076 on: July 02, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
Wasn't there one standing in the doorway behind you? I thought I saw one there when you turned around once. Or did he move along?
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
« Reply #1077 on: July 17, 2016, 09:12:12 AM »
OC'd for the first time in quite awhile yesterday. Went to the Taco Bell and Dairy Queen in South Haven.

Taco Bell, the guy taking our order saw nothing, but the guy doing the drivethru turned around and said, "I'm getting ready to carry, too!" to which the guy taking our order said, "Huh?" The drive thru guy said, "He's carrying." We then talked about 3 gun shooting competitions and other topics. No Fear or screaming there.

Dairy Queen was much more crowded, but no one said any thing there.

Carry On!
MI_XD
SW Michigan

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #1078 on: July 17, 2016, 03:58:54 PM »
I OC in the SH Taco Bell all the time, they are definitely used to it.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
« Reply #1079 on: August 02, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »
OC'ed to vote tonight. Geneva Twp Hall. No problems! Even put my "I Voted" sticker on the holster before leaving. Then to Tractor Supply for Dog Food, Wendy's for dinner and Meijer for some supplies.

Non Problems whatsoever.  ;D
MI_XD
SW Michigan