Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 390959 times)

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #1080 on: November 08, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »
Once again, OC'd to vote! And it cannot be considered a vote for Hillary in ANY way!
 And of course I did not hide my holster and Springfield from anyone. No comments whatsoever.
 Largest turnout I have ever seen at this polling site in the 42 years that I have been voting there!

MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #1081 on: November 09, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
No comments here. The woman who gave me my ballot stumbled a bit just before she handed it over, I guess that qualifies as a double take. Was wearing a little P938 in black kydex on my hip, with light beige shirt and slacks, so I assume it was fairly obvious.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline G36shooter

• MOC Member
  • MOC Member,SE Regonal Coorrdinator
  • First Name (Displayed): Greg
« Reply #1082 on: January 03, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
This afternoon my wife and daughter had lunch at Red Lobster in Frandor (near Lansing) OCing as always. Our waiter asked me what I was carrying, Glock 30s. He told us he had OC'd but mostly CC's. I gave  him a few tri-folds and encouraged him to visit the MOC website. A great day.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #1083 on: January 05, 2017, 08:39:55 AM »
Greg, I walked into a barbershop full of guys in Okemos Tuesday and no one commented about my Five-seveN.  We talked about the best cars of 2017 as defined by Car and Driver. LOL

Offline Deerok

• Seconds the first loser
  • First Name (Displayed): Deerok
« Reply #1084 on: March 25, 2021, 03:18:14 AM »
I want this place revived!

Oc’d ,pmts 1911 to gas station and local grocery store, no issues

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1085 on: March 29, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »
These days people prefer our facebook pages.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #1086 on: April 06, 2021, 03:30:32 AM »
These days people prefer our facebook pages.

I can't say that I prefer Facebook but I'm old fashioned.   I would like to see this a bustling forum again but sadly I don't see it happening.  I still swing by here from time to time .... usually in the middle of the night to divert my thought process so I can go back to sleep......

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
« Reply #1087 on: April 07, 2021, 05:55:03 PM »
I do not use facepalm... and I Open Carried Monday on a warm and sunny day, to Meijer and Menards. Yesterday I Open carried to the Oak Ridge Feed & Pet Salon, to get our pups some more Dog food. No comments or problems any of those places.
MI_XD
SW Michigan

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1088 on: April 10, 2021, 03:49:29 PM »
I have stopped using facebook, and I have stopped purchasing Coke products, just like I did Levis products twenty years ago.

I am also currently boycotting Delta Airlines for their "wokeness", but this will be hard long term because they are my favorite airline.  Hopefully they come to their senses.  For the time being, I'm driving, not flying.  MI to CO to AZ next week.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1089 on: April 10, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
I want this place revived!

I do too!  Unfortunately nowadays people like facebook and prefer to use our facebook pages.  I fought long and hard to keep this open.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #1090 on: April 13, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »
Drive safely!    I was a Delta flyer for years.  After they bought NW they had 85% of the flights in Grand Rapids and most of them in Detroit too.  Before that I lived in Atlanta and Charlotte, NC for a while and it was the main airline there.  When Southwest came to GR Sue switched over to preferring them so that has been our go to airline.   But we decided to make a mid winter trip to Hawaii and after all these years I still had enough Delta Skymiles to pay for the flight.

All this cancel culture of Georgia is stupid.  All they did was codify voting laws to make it clear and try to minimize fraud.  Pulling baseball, movies and business from the state only hurts the residents.  Just a way for politicians and movie stars to say, "Hey!  Look at me!  I really care!"   Sigh.

Took the Suzuki out for a test ride yesterday after a spring tune up.  Oil & filter, spark plugs, and synchronized the carbs.  Plus switched to a HirFlo air filter after years of running a K&N.  Bike is running better than it has for years!  AND I was OC'ing the hard chrome 1911. 

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1091 on: April 14, 2021, 01:46:17 AM »
1) Southwest Airlines doesn't operate out of Lansing.
2) What Suzuki?  Last time I was at your place you had two GoldWings.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #1092 on: April 23, 2021, 12:53:21 AM »
Suzuki??    A GS1100 that I bought new in 1980!   I sold the 94 Wing a few years back and I'm still riding the 96 Wing.   The Suzuki sat in the boat house for 25 years when I was spending my spare time boating.  After Sue got me to buy the first Wing I sent the Suzuki to a friend of a friend in Texas for a frame off restoration.  I expect when you were here it was in TX.  It is a fun bike to ride.   Very nimble compared to the Wing.  I don't ride it if I'm going 50+ miles but around town and short runs are great.

We are about to add a new ride to the stable .... Sue wants "control" so she is going to riding school for a CY endorsement - 3 wheel version.  She wants a Ryker.  I refuse to buy the Ryker until she completes the class..... June 13th at Fox Powersports in Grand Rapids.  But we have been getting ready.  We bought her a new Helmet and I'm going to order up Bluetooth headsets - The Cardo PackTalk Bold. 

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #1093 on: May 26, 2021, 12:09:25 PM »
OC Walk in Manchester, CT.

I wasn't there, but it's a nice little video.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
« Reply #1094 on: July 16, 2022, 10:20:14 PM »
Finally went to the new Culver's in South Haven... and went INSIDE. Open carried into and through the building. Sat down and was conversing with some people from town, who had NOT seen my openly carried pistol. As another gentleman left from across the aisle that we were in, he walked up to our table and said, "Thank you for protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights!" We smiled and I thanked him and he went on his way. No other comments, good or bad.

Carry On!
MI_XD
MI_XD
SW Michigan

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #1095 on: July 19, 2022, 04:51:18 AM »
Good experience, and glad to see you here again!