Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 415451 times)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #500 on: March 10, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
 Very good  movie :D carry on.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
My church (Victorious Word Church) had a men's breakfast at Walli's restaurant in Burton. Open carried into the breakfast. A few surprised looks, but all commented well. Then, over to Tim Horton's, good there too.

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
My empty holster went with me to JCC for class, as school policy prohibits carry. This may become a regular occurrence, even though I only have a few weeks left.
My brother-in-law and I went up to Gander Mountain in Lansing, both carrying openly. We uneventfully hit a gas station and a Biggby on the return trip.

A fellow at GM asked whether I was often hassled for open carry and we had a brief discussion, during which he expressed interest and concern. I'd have offered a tri-fold, but they were with my jacket in the car.  :-\
While running the paperwork for the shotgun I bought, the man behind the counter made a comment to the effect of "I guess you don't have a CPL." I do, so I presented that and we had a little chat.
On the way back in, I bumped a dog. He was still standing and walked back toward a house, so I went up to let the people know what had happened and verify that the dog was okay. (He seemed fine, if a bit spooked.)
They had a young boy who asked as I was turning to go if I was a police officer, to which I replied with a smile, "Nope, just some guy" before heading back to the car.

In all a good night, although it could have gone better for the dog.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2012, 03:43:41 AM »
Be careful about the empty holster. We have heard stories of a young man over at Henry Ford community college who was hassled and kicked out (expelled) of school for openly carrying an empty holster.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »
Last couple of days-

Friday, Silver Bullet so Steel Magnolia can try a Springfield XDM, then Denny's 44th St.

Saturday, Speedway 68th St., Mr. Burger 44th St. Wyoming. As we were in line, a gentleman came up & thanked us for exercising our 2A rights. Then to Best Buy to look at Kindles & Nooks, ended up leaving with an Acer tablet and a portable WiFi set-up. Then looked at some videos.
Hit the road to Kalamazoo to On Target to pick up SM's new toy (Ruger New Blackhawk 45LC) and some reloading stuff. Fortunately, they didn't have anything interesting in the display cases (at least for me). SM looked at a Springfield XDM compact in 40SW.

Then off to Hastings to Bob's to see if there was any temptation there.

No problems, no issues.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
Monday- Burlington Coat Factory (both Kentwood & Alpine), and Al & Bob's on Division. Al & Bob's are stocking up on their reloading stuff!

No problems, no issues

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
Opened Carried a Dearborn Fairlane Mall. Walked around for awhile stopped at a few shops. Lots of looks, no problem. I just love it. Carry On. Oh also stopped by a radio shack, then ate at Ogla's. Again nothing. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
Tuesday night, Walmart on Kenowa
Wednesday night, Cracker Barrel on Kenowa, Gander Mountain west

No issues

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »
Once again, since my last post, I have open carried here, there, and everywhere I lawfully can. Not a peep.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #509 on: March 22, 2012, 01:02:12 AM »
Another audio provided by yours truly, I was at the same taco bell as the last encounter I had recently except this was with another gentleman.  As you will hear this person is a little misinformed about open carry and was under the impression that you HAVE to conceal a gun when you carry.  I gave him an MOC tri fold and spoke with him for a few minutes about open carry as well as some other things regarding it.  Take a listen.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »
Great audio and explaination! I carry MSP update 86 for passing out. It says it all, and it's by the MSP especially for law enforcement.

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
Awesome work Yance.
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2012, 05:30:31 AM »
OC'd with my lovely wife at the A&W's on West Saginaw in Lansing.  While we were taking food back to our table and getting condiments, I heard the kids at the near by table talk about us to their mother.  Their mother stopped and said her kids were curious if we were cops...I said nope and explained what we were doing and who I am -- and I gave her a business card (which has the MOC website on it).

She was more curious than anything...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2012, 03:28:07 AM »
Another audio provided by yours truly, I was at the same taco bell as the last encounter I had recently except this was with another gentleman.  As you will hear this person is a little misinformed about open carry and was under the impression that you HAVE to conceal a gun when you carry.  I gave him an MOC tri fold and spoke with him for a few minutes about open carry as well as some other things regarding it.  Take a listen.

Wow listening to that guy made my brain hurt! There is nothing more annoying than someone telling you something incorrect with an all knowing tone in their voice. This dude thought "I'm gonna school this kid" & got a schooling himself 8) Well done whipper snapper.
PS - Imagine that - he was told the wrong info by POLICE,  :o go figure?

OT - OC'd
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #514 on: March 27, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
OC'd at Monroe Feeds yesterday to get the dog a huge bag of food. The owner is a great guy and a Veteran. He is interested in a good CCW class for Ohio (lives just over state line), so if anyone knows a good instructor that does classes in or around Toledo please let me know.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
Haha thanks G9OS, I know what you mean though and they never have any facts to back it up while I'm spitting out MCLs.  He was pretty open to the possibility I might be right, but it shocked me he said he just took his CPL class about a month ago becuse where he took his class is where we hold our OC seminars here in Battle Creek.  I went and spoke to the owner of the gun shop about it and he said the LEO that does the law part isnt fond of OC and when he does the class makes it sound like you cant legally OC.  But I told him that he should give the facts and let the people decide what they want to do so hopefully I wont run into this incident again.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
yance,
You should ask the owner of the gun shop why he pays a cop to give bogus info to his students, who "trust" he is giving them accurate info. Maybe suggest to the owner that he hire another cop that will give accurate info rather then their opinion.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #517 on: March 29, 2012, 01:08:19 AM »
Opened carried today in Dearborn's Fairlane Town Ctrl. Walked around. Stopped at the Sprint looking to change my plan. Then over to the food court, for a snack. Really I walked all around there for about two hours.  Spoke to or said hello  to one  of Fairlane's LEO . He said hello and walked down to Sear's and picked a took and left. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #518 on: April 01, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
First cpl open carry today(3rd as a whole)  in a 7-11 the man at the couner asked If I was a cop I laughed seing how I have a septum ring and stretched ears haha politely said no just exercising my rights and continued with a conversation about my pistol. So over all good first time.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #519 on: April 01, 2012, 06:34:14 PM »
Open carried into Meijers. A customer (male) or undercover? said nice gun. I told him that it is a Beretta FS 9. He asked me if I had a license. I said yes, I have a cpl. That started a small conversation about he didn't. Then I passed him my copy of MSP 86 for his general education. Then Tim Horton's for coffee, next.