Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393263 times)

Offline JoeCar

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 09:33:42 AM »
Sorry, but the http: i posted is showing a mall fire, not the oc in a bank.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... hou?hpt=T2  Here is an interesting video of a bank that promotes oc in Texas. I open carried yesterday on my Harley. I went to the bank (drive through), and then went to gas up at the Mobil station. I was carrying my recorder. Didn't need it...

i clicked on link and it was about airport security screening. as far as i know OC not legal in texas yet. will ask my texas cop buddies. also DON'T WATCH CNN!!! they lie. it's the Clinton News Network - liberal to the core and very biased reporting.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
Got kicked out of the Durand McDonalds for OC,contacted the manager and corporate,according to her bosses,it appears the employee did not have authority nor reason to tell me to leave.

Then at a rest area in between clarkston and flint on 75,no issues.

Some resturaunt in clarkston,no issues.
Tim Hortons in clarkston,no issues.

Lions Den in Perry,was told they've seen a few customers in there from time to time "like that"

Speedway by my house(no alcohol sales) as usual,no issues.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:55:13 PM by lil_freak_66 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
  • Rock Island Armory 1911A1 FS Tactical .45 ACP
    • Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
  • First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2010, 05:03:21 AM »

Lions Den in Perry,was told they've seen a few customers in there from time to time "like that"

Find anything "interesting" there?  :)

Big Gay Al
Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »
Has anyone else had any issues at the Meijer’s at 13000 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia?  I stopped in a little while ago to do some shopping and spent about 45 minuets in the store while OC and didn’t have any issues. 

At first!

The store manager walked past me a few times as well as their loss prevention guard; they looked but neither said a thing.

That was until I made it to the register and started to check out; they both come up behind me and grabbed me by the shoulders; one on each side, and claimed they had a complaint and that I had to cover my weapon or leave the store at once. 

Now keep in mind I just finished transporting a fugitive and stopped there on my way home.  I was still wearing a shirt that has the words ‘BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENT’ in three inch tall gold letters on the back and a 7 point star Bail Enforcement Agent badge screen printed on the front, and had on my bat belt with all the bells and whistles.

Anyway I explained that is was legal to openly carry a firearm and they proceeded to demand to see me CCW and again told me to cover my pistol or leave.  I again advised that OC was legal and explained that it was obvious I was on my way out to door as I was at the register so they played the Private Property card and again told me I had to go put my weapon in my car if I wanted to finish my visit at the store.

Reluctantly I complied because I didn’t want to go some where else and waste more time re-shopping.  As I walked out the door a Livonia Police Car was sitting there and the LP guard followed me out and went right to the cruiser and pointed at me as he was talking to the officer.

I cleared my weapon and locked it in my trunk and returned to pay for my shopping, as I walked back into the store I double checked for a sign prohibiting weapons in the store and again found none.  When I returned to my cart the manager was standing with it and I asked him where their signage was prohibiting firearms was and received a blank stare in reply.

I was expecting to get pulled over by LPD as I was leaving; the LP guard watched me load my groceries into my car and as I drove off he was pointing rather aggressively at my car as if he was telling the Officer Look there he goes!

I kept an eye on my mirror the whole time and not a single Police vehicle followed me out.  I don’t know if the store called the Police or the Officer just happened to be there when I walked out the first time so I’m debating on filing for the FOIA with Livonia if nothing more the out of curiosity. 

Anyone have any idea what they charge to fulfill the FOIA?
You should contact Venator, I think he knows.

I understand your decision to comply, if I was on my way home from work, and tired, I'd likely have done the same thing.  But I'd be sure to contact Meijer's Corporate and tell them what happened.  But if I'd been in a bad mood, I would have just walked out and not gone back in. 

But, everyone is different. :)
Big Gay Al

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

Find anything "interesting" there?  :)

i had heard Michigans local "hero" aka Allie Sin was going to be there all night,so i had to go and pay my respects,but she wasnt there...

so a few pin on buttons were bought with funny things written on them.

On Topic,did a small walk today in Lansing.no issues.but it was COLD.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
Has anyone else had any issues at the Meijer’s at 13000 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia?  I stopped in a little while ago to do some shopping and spent about 45 minuets in the store while OC and didn’t have any issues. 

At first!

The store manager walked past me a few times as well as their loss prevention guard; they looked but neither said a thing.

That was until I made it to the register and started to check out; they both come up behind me and grabbed me by the shoulders; one on each side, and claimed they had a complaint and that I had to cover my weapon or leave the store at once. 

Now keep in mind I just finished transporting a fugitive and stopped there on my way home.  I was still wearing a shirt that has the words ‘BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENT’ in three inch tall gold letters on the back and a 7 point star Bail Enforcement Agent badge screen printed on the front, and had on my bat belt with all the bells and whistles.

Anyway I explained that is was legal to openly carry a firearm and they proceeded to demand to see me CCW and again told me to cover my pistol or leave.  I again advised that OC was legal and explained that it was obvious I was on my way out to door as I was at the register so they played the Private Property card and again told me I had to go put my weapon in my car if I wanted to finish my visit at the store.

Reluctantly I complied because I didn’t want to go some where else and waste more time re-shopping.  As I walked out the door a Livonia Police Car was sitting there and the LP guard followed me out and went right to the cruiser and pointed at me as he was talking to the officer.

I cleared my weapon and locked it in my trunk and returned to pay for my shopping, as I walked back into the store I double checked for a sign prohibiting weapons in the store and again found none.  When I returned to my cart the manager was standing with it and I asked him where their signage was prohibiting firearms was and received a blank stare in reply.

I was expecting to get pulled over by LPD as I was leaving; the LP guard watched me load my groceries into my car and as I drove off he was pointing rather aggressively at my car as if he was telling the Officer Look there he goes!

I kept an eye on my mirror the whole time and not a single Police vehicle followed me out.  I don’t know if the store called the Police or the Officer just happened to be there when I walked out the first time so I’m debating on filing for the FOIA with Livonia if nothing more the out of curiosity. 

Anyone have any idea what they charge to fulfill the FOIA?
You should contact Venator, I think he knows.

I understand your decision to comply, if I was on my way home from work, and tired, I'd likely have done the same thing.  But I'd be sure to contact Meijer's Corporate and tell them what happened.  But if I'd been in a bad mood, I would have just walked out and not gone back in. 

But, everyone is different. :)
hey bailenforcer - i've read your posts and gather that you haven't got your CPL yet but pretty sure you need one to OC at meijer due to their selling alcohol.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »
Does anyone know what Meijer's corporate position is on OC?

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »

hey bailenforcer - i've read your posts and gather that you haven't got your CPL yet but pretty sure you need one to OC at meijer due to their selling alcohol.
Well, considering what his line of work is, I hope to hell he does have his CPL, otherwise, it could be problematic.  As it is, based on other posts I've seen of his, I'm pretty sure he does have his CPL.
Big Gay Al

Offline Big Gay Al

• MOC Member
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
I recall reading here or at OCDO that it's up to the store manager.  But I could be wrong. :)
Big Gay Al

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »
I recall reading here or at OCDO that it's up to the store manager.  But I could be wrong. :)
   that is what ive heard as well.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
OCed at the Watervliet Taco Bell for lunch then OCed at the Coloma Gun Club for 4 hours while shooting with a student and his father followed by OCing around Lawrence at Pauls Gas and Waffle House for supper.

No issues handed out a few tri-folds.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
oc'd for the past week in and around Onaway,all over Presque Isle county really...family dollar,woodwinds,the hardware store,art van,the rv place,parrots outpost(the only place around on the oc friendly list) and walking around town.     then long armed between a 20 ga. mossy 500c and a 16 ga. 870,packing solid slugs. while felling some trees on the property,and along the road to and from my uncles house 1/4 mile away,and to my great aunts about 2 miles away.nary even a 2nd look. still got 2 more days up here so ill go a few more places including jays in gaylord.

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »
OC last night at kroger. didn't have holster on belt until i got there. was already in store when i noticed that it wasn't on right and rig was bent forward. damn. undid belt and readjusted it back to where it belongs and continued shopping. hated to handle it in the store and waited til nobody around. nothing out of ordinary except when i left i got in my jeep and oakland county sheriff's patrol unit drove in rather fast. turned down my parking aisle and went to another vehicle in the lot. didn't wait to see what that was about or they thought it was me in the other car. guess i'll never know.

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47:34 AM »
OCed at Target, Staples in Allen Park then to Burlenton Coat Factory in Taylor, then over to Mykonos Greek and American restaurant for Dinner also to check out my own safety concerns based on some post of other people, thought I'd better see how it worked without my 2A Brothers, so I took my adult son who was unarmed & myself with my Full Frame sidearm in the level 2 holster, was there a couple hrs. w/strongside faceing the door, at the table right next to check-out counter. I had conversations with not only the hostess but at least three different employees, none of which were phased, or even gave a second look, by the time I left the customer count went from perhaps eight people to almost a full house. but keep in mind that I had imformed my son of what could possibly happen in Taylor. after leaving Mykonos Greek and American restaurant back over to Meijers on Eureka Rd for groceries. OCed all day No Issues & No Events, I must add that being the Only,,uh, Open Carry person in the resturant with all the customers coming in I was sure someone was going to dial public safety from their cell phone.
All in All I have some great foods & a great time at Mykonos Greek and American restaurant, just the way it should be.
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
 ;D outstanding Carry On.l
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline emt805

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
OC today while christmas shopping in Adrian, Sears in the mall, walmart, big lots, walgreens, shell, kmart, gamestop, dollar tree, staples, wendy's (full of grandparents & kids) only had a look from one guy sitting at a table of "are you serious". Postal Plus- the post office loophole. Spent 15 minutes OCing in my credit union with no issues.

OCed Tuesday at Cabela's while returning items before heading up to Huntington woods council meeting, Walked in the door right at 8 with 3 or 4 people standing on the inside of the door one guy looks at my xd-40 and asks if I was there for the council meeting. Six of us ocing at the meeting made up half of those attending.

OCed Monday in Adrain, KFC, Meijer, meijer gas station, lowe's, subway, walmart, sears, kmart, gamestop, big lots, hobby lobby,

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
LET ME SAY CARRY ON. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:10 PM »
All was great! Good food, Great company & no scared customers/men/women/ or children. Just as it should be.  8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline emt805

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »
Thursday 12-30-2010
Speedway dundee, MI Filled up my truck with gas, went inside to purchase soda & oil, walked back to my truck popped the hood and was putting oil in the truck when I heard a kid (maybe 4 years of age) say "that guy has a gun, that guy has a gun in his pocket" the parent did not even look my direction but took the kids hand & walked inside.
Crackel Barrel in Belleville to do some shopping spoke with a manager and salesperson about what I was purchasing both noticed my pistol and said nothing.

Walmart Belleville 15 minutes
Walmart Saline 30 minutes

Friday 12-31-2010
Walmart Monroe twenty minutes

Michelangelo’s Italian Bistro
152 Elm
Wyandotte, Michigan 48192
Spent about two hours here good prices and great food, they did not rush us out when we finished our meal.

Walmart Woodhaven, speedway Dundee, Britton marathon gas & grocery to purchase mega millions tickets where I was carded to purchase them but both clerks noticed my pistol & yes they took my id to enter the year in the register but did not look at or copy any other information.