Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393061 times)

Offline emt805

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »
Home Depot in Canton this morning around 8 am. Walmart across the street while heading to the checkout after shopping for about 45 min three of the restock staff were talking among themselves and I over hear them say that must be the new security that was coming in to work for them, I paused and informed them that I was not security but a citizen supporting my 2A rights. We spoke maybe 10 minutes and discussed the MSP legal update I gave them.
Tacobell Dundee- no weird looks or comments
McDonalds Dundee- Just like tacobell but more kids running around.

On ford road down by the firing line on the other side of the road I passed a gas station that had post office on 3 sides, is that the actual post office or is it a drop off center? Is the entire place federal property if it is the post office? I was running late and could not stop in and ask. If it is federal property and a gas station do they sell liquor at the same location?

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:05 PM »
familiar experience his morning. grabbing my morning mountain dew from speedway a guy behind me gave out a "sir. excuse me sir". nobody else around so i turned around. "hey. you're showing". "yeah i know. it's supposed to. it's open carry" we were both in line by now. he said he had his permit and didn't want me to get in trouble. i asked him if he knew OC was legal. said he heard of it but doesn't do it. said i wished everybody did. we left and hoped i made a good enough impression.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline emt805

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »
Oced at cheeburger cheeburger in Livonia last night before the little bit of snow we got. There was three families with kids and two other couples, I only had a few weird looks from the guy sitting on an angle to me. They have amazing burgers and one pound bugers. Any one in the area should check them out.

Offline METL

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2011, 09:58:53 PM »
OC'd and CC'd while mowing my lawn.

CC'd in the front yard.  Then I got too warm and took my over shirt off and OC'd in the back yard.

was he CCing 1 gun in the front yard and 3 guns in the back yard?   (welcome to the gun show)  lol

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »
went OC to cabela's on sunday and met the MOC guys at the booth. chatted a bit and signed up as an official member. got my keychain too. good to see the guys and just LOVE shopping at cabela's.

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2011, 04:06:51 AM »
forgot to mention that while at the booth i did talk to cortez, scot623 and theQ. all great guys and well represent us all. thanks for manning the booth. now that i'm a member maybe i can help another time spreading the word.
MOC

Offline emt805

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
OCed this morning at dunhams in Adrian to check out the advetised mosin nagants for $79. What else do you expect they had three in stock all in the case and in poor shape, dinged and banged up. The pair I got at Cabela's last month for $89 came with all the extras and came in a box.

After striking out at dunhams I went over to starbucks, already about ten people filling the place. After I placed my order a Tecumseh leo came in and started speaking with one of the guys behind me, I don't think he noticed but the guy behind the counter told the guy the leo was talking with said not to mess with him because he has a gun joking of course, it was not until my drinks were finished that the employee noticed i was also carrying.

Offline mopedman

• www.fightingtacos.com
    • Fighting Tacos Airsoft Team
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
OC'ed at
Gander Mountain today, the one on hall rd and Shannor. Was in the store for about 30 min. Payed on a gun I have on layaway there. Looked at a few other guns wile I was there. The guy at the gun counter was very helpful. Talked to him for a bit. He asked me about my gun. Not really about open carry more about the gun it self.

Went to the Starbucks on Van dike just south of 16 mile. They were also very friendly no one said any thing to me or even noticed for that matter.

After that I walked into Jimmy Johns right next store. Ordered a sub. Sat down to eat it. One of the employees came up to me and asked me if open carrying a gun was legal. I talked to him for a few min. Then he went back to work. All and all a good day.
MGO- Paid Member
MOC- Paid Member
NRA RSO
www.fightingtacos.com

Offline dlgeorge

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
OC'd in Kroger in Lamberville, MI.   A couple of double takes, but no confrontations or questions.  I'm not sure anyone on staff saw me or not, but in any case there were no issues. 

I had heard previously that Kroger had a no guns rule, but I checked the entrance and saw no signs.

Offline METL

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
Just to verify, you guys are OCing with a CPL, correct?  Otherwise, open carry in a kroger would be a no-no since they sell booze, right?

Offline Bronson

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 02:08:10 PM »
OCed at Sushiya in Kalamazoo for dinner the other night...no issues.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
OC'd in Kroger in Lamberville, MI.   A couple of double takes, but no confrontations or questions.  I'm not sure anyone on staff saw me or not, but in any case there were no issues. 

I had heard previously that Kroger had a no guns rule, but I checked the entrance and saw no signs.

What what I had read on multiple forums, Kroger's Ohio locations had posted no gun signs and in OH signs mean something. (Keep in mind this is only what I read, no first hand experience)
I have not had a problem in the stores in MY area (Wayne County).

Just to verify, you guys are OCing with a CPL, correct?  Otherwise, open carry in a kroger would be a no-no since they sell booze, right?
Correct, If the location has a liquor license you must have a CPL to be on their property (even the parking lot).

Offline FatMan

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Open carrying at Buffalo Wild Wings 6mile east of 275. Fund raiser for the family of Officer Nehasil 20% of sales go to the family. Stop by if you can they are open till 2am!!!  :D
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
Steel Magnolia and I OCed Denny's 44th St in Wyoming, and Appleby's Gaines Twp (just south of GR off Kalamazoo Ave). No looks, no comments.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Eurotour

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
I OCed at Home Depot 54th street for about 20 mins Friday night, nobody batted an eye.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2011, 11:36:52 PM »
Oced in the Copper Grill Paw Paw for lunch today. No issues.

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline emt805

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:54 PM »
OC Sec. of State Adrian Tuesday 45 minutes had to walk infront of everyone to get to the counter twice, place was packed no one said anything.

Applebees Adrian Wed, on the way out the host person started to say "have a nice d..." at which point she noticed my pistol and did not have anything else to say.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
OCed at the Waffle House in Lawrence for dinner... no issues one comment " got yer clips there... wheres the heater..." My reply other side.... no more was said about my gun..

OCed while chairing the Monthly Village Planning Commission meeting. No issues.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
OCed  at my dentist office earlier today and at Old Country Buffett tonight for dinner.  No problems, issues, or comments at either place.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2011, 01:13:06 PM »
OCed at Gill-roys hardware in St. Johns MI. I am currently OCing while having lunch in the Cancun restaurant also in St. Johns... no issues so far in either place.

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk