Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393325 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #900 on: February 28, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »

OC'd for my first time yesterday at AA-saline rd Meijer. Nobody paid me any attention until I was done checking out and walked past the self checkout cashier. He was midway through saying have a good night when his eyes locked onto my Remington r1. I just joined the forum to post and hope to have many more pleasant experiences like this one.

Welcome. Just curious, do you have a CPL?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline dmattarn

• First Name (Displayed): Derek
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #901 on: February 28, 2014, 02:50:59 PM »
Welcome. Just curious, do you have a CPL?

Yes.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #902 on: February 28, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
Yes.

i believe TheQ was checking since meijer has a liquor license. to OC you would need a CPL or permission from the store director. welcome to the forum! please take a moment to introduce yourself in the new members forum! :)

Offline dmattarn

• First Name (Displayed): Derek
« Reply #903 on: February 28, 2014, 03:26:12 PM »
i believe TheQ was checking since meijer has a liquor license. to OC you would need a CPL or permission from the store director. welcome to the forum! please take a moment to introduce yourself in the new members forum! :)

I had a pretty good feeling ghats why he asked, I googled OC in Meijer Before i went in and that's how I found this forum. Glad I did because I wasn't aware of the liquor license rules.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #904 on: February 28, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
it only applies if you do not have a CPL.
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html

the above link is a great place to to start educating yourself! if you have any questions feel free to pm me and i will try my best to answer or get you an answer from leadership :)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #905 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
Open carried in the Biggby Coffee at Michigan and Fuller on Sunday.  No issues. ;)
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #906 on: March 05, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
oc'ed at louie's restaraunt in new haven as i usually do, no issues. had a couple waitress' checking out my peice though.

oc'ed at CQT while going to shoot. no issues as always. great place to shoot

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #907 on: March 05, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
OC'd at Caledonia Meijer. Was expecting someone to say something. People just minded their own business and went on with what they were doing.  Nothing really to report as nothing happened.

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #908 on: March 06, 2014, 06:25:22 AM »
Family fare in Allendale yesterday had a man stop and thank me for carrying. Told me he carries but just has a pocket gun. Nothing else happened there or at true value in allendale
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #909 on: March 06, 2014, 08:50:43 AM »
I'm in the Caledonia Meijer all the time, along with a few other members here. Never had an issue there.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #910 on: March 07, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
OC'd at the Mason Wendy's and Meijer.  No issues.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #911 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:16 AM »
went out and about alot this weekend.

went to downtown new baltimore with my girl, OC'ed at fins which is a bar/restaraunt

walked through the park (pics to come pat) might be a good place for a oc picnic :)

went to CQT, no issues as usual

went to mcdonalds down in eastpointe

bestbuy in roseville

olive garden in roseville

National coney in utica

stevie b's in chesterfield

meijer in lennox

cvs in algonac

no issues whatsoever

Offline Jeff

« Reply #912 on: March 10, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »
I OC in CQT at times, started out covered but it was hot and took my sweater off.

OC at friars restaurant in Warren,  I doubt anyone even noticed it though, the people I was with didn't even realize I was OC'ing until we got up to leave.

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #913 on: March 10, 2014, 08:42:49 PM »
Ultimate Meijer experience:  OC'ing right in front of a group of new employees receiving training.  Perhaps they saw me or didn't.  I heard the word from their Trainer "now you will see people walking around . . . . "  Or I'm still in the self conscious stage.

After Meijer I walked around the neighborhood around Kalamazoo and 60th in Grand Rapids. In front of schools and churches.  Nothing to report.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #914 on: March 10, 2014, 10:38:32 PM »
Spring is here!  I OC'd with the family on a walk around my neighborhood. 

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #915 on: March 13, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »
and spring is gone, OC'ed walking around the neighborhood with my girlfriend none the less

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #916 on: March 13, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »
and spring is gone, OC'ed walking around the neighborhood with my girlfriend none the less
April flurries brings May slurry.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #917 on: March 15, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
I walked over to Village Bike & Fitness in Kentwood, MI to turn in my bike for a tune up.  Nothing much happened.
I then drove over to Gander Mountain in Grandville, MI for some ammo.  Limited supply of 9mm.  Lots of 40 and 45 though.
After that I went over to Rivertown Wendy's for some lunch. Walked right in and gave 5 dollars for the people behind me.
I then went to a local disc golf course and worked on my putting.

Offline Sick_SL2

« Reply #918 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:26 AM »
Walked the Kent trails with the pup.  This involved walking through my neighborhood but they all know I carry.  Stopped to chat with another woman on the trails.  Figured she might freak but she didn't.  Her eyes were on it for a while.  Lol.

All in all, nothing negative, as it should be.  In fact, since I haven't posted in this thread before, I can honestly say I've never really had a "negative" encounter.  Lots of insinuating questions though haha.

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #919 on: March 16, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »
I have been OCing a lot lately. Various locations around Shelby Twp, Utica, Sterling Heights. So far, nothing negative, outside of one of the "looks" at a convenience store by a random woman. Everything else has been nothing but positive chit chat and curious questions.