Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 392998 times)

Offline Deerok

• Seconds the first loser
  • First Name (Displayed): Deerok
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #960 on: May 11, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »
oc'd at sterling state park for a miserable fishing trip with no luck whatsoever with some pals of mine

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #961 on: May 12, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »
Out on my Goldwing a couple of times over the weekend.  I was carrying my Detonics full size 1911 with the red dragons on black grips.   O'Reilly's on Plainfield was my only stop.  Accidentally OC'd my American Classic Hard Chrome Commander with VZ grips at Cracker Barrel..... my cover shirt got tucked behind the holster sometime during dinner and I didn't notice until I walked out to the car.  I have been carrying the Commander in a leather thumb break holster so I had some retention.  I have been liking that holster more and more .... it rides pretty high so it is comfortable while sitting in the car and with the retention I can take off my cover if I feel like it.  The thumb break strap rides under the hammer when it is cocked so a little extra protection in case the ambi safety gets turned off.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/3-Slot-Pancake-Leather-Concealment,1148,1418.htm

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #962 on: May 12, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »
I OC Cracker Barrel all the time. Last Friday- Mr. Burger 44th St., Walmart Cascade, Meijers Cascade, Sam's Club Kentwood. In fact, the last time I conceal carried was Florida a couple of years ago.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:11 PM »
I'm OC'ing around the Adrian Armory.

Of course, no one is here but me.

No one seeming to notice/care the couple of times I've walked around the building (the armory is on a fairly busy street).
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

ShankasoarusREX

« Reply #964 on: May 21, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
OC'd my G23 at the Family Fare and Burger King in Manistee. I think I got one or two double takes because the town is pretty quiet, but other than that no drama - just as it should be!

Carry on!

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #965 on: May 26, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
I'm at the Dehli Township offices for the Memorial Day parade. Armed with a Glock 17 and a handful of trifolds.

edit: stayed for the Memorial ceremony.  At least three Ingham County Sheriff Deputies saw me.  No issues.  Took the family to the Biggby afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 04:09:58 PM by linux203 »
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #966 on: May 26, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
Tossed a few discs at Jaycee Park in Kentwood, MI. Lost one disc some where in the leaves. Was surprised nothing turned out, as the neighborhood surrounding it isn't kept up.  I then went to Bloop, one of those fill your own tub frozen yogurt places. It was right next door to a Starbucks, Kentwood, MI - Kalamazoo Ave and M6.  Walked right in with my brother and nephew. Got some ice cream and sat outside next to Starbucks.   I also stopped at the newly opened Quiznos Subs on Kalamazoo Ave near M6.  Other than the sub maker was a little shakey, no problems. 

Offline FatMan

« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »
OC'd at the Memorial day parade in downtown Northville. Got a few looks no comments. Was also wearing my black militia shirt so maybe my glock was camouflaged. Great parade, very short though.
Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #968 on: May 27, 2014, 08:35:19 AM »
OC'd at the ewastpoint parade yesterday, then walked down gration for some festivities. stopped by JFK park in eastpointe. no isses all day, ended the night by blowing off some fireworks

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
Met my first OCer in Vicksburg on Sunday at the Speedway. First time I have encountered another person OCing in Vicksburg. I had never seen anyone other than the village police OC in town, until then.

I was pumping gas and saw he and his girlfriend walk out and head to his truck across the lot. When I noticed his gun, I said, "I like what I see." He was young, in his 20's, and lives outside town. He said he "sort of" works at Feek's Tactical in Mendon. I verified that he knew about MOC.

"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #970 on: May 31, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »
Open carried at the Lowe's in South Lansing.  Funny thing happened. Apparently, my red t-shirt and firearm led a couple to believe I worked there. Sorry, I'm just picking up lumber for a picnic table. The husband commented on my t-shirt and firearm. Otherwise, no issues.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #971 on: June 02, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
I OC'd at Speedway here in Vicksburg and one of the regulars thought I left change in the dispenser and brought it out to me, just as I sat in my car.

He then started asking about my pistol and how he had to sell his and wants another. He thought he had to have a pistol to take a CPL class, and I told him that I new Feek's in Mendon had pistols to rent, and I thought other ranges that offered classes would do the same.

He mentioned a buddy has a CPL, but left it in the seat with him in the vehicle. I told him that's a no-no and made him a lawbreaker as soon as his friend stepped out. If a LEO had walked by and seen it and asked for his CPL, he would have been in big trouble. He said his friend know all the small town police and sheriff deputies. I said that wouldn't do much good if you were in the situation you described.

He learned a lot and a good encounter.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #972 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »
going to OC at the clinton river spillway on lake st clair this evening for some fishing. dont foresee any issues but will let ya'll know if i have any!

Offline Scandiacus

« Reply #973 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:59 AM »
OC'd around Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi this evening with no problems.  Stopped in at an engraver there to have some text engraved on a pocket knife I'm giving my dad for Father's Day - the staff members who helped me noticed the gun and didn't seem phased by it in the slightest.  I did overhear a customer whispering to another, "The least he could do is hide the gun...."

Went on to OC at United Artists movie theater in Commerce for a 9:15 showing of X-Men.  No problems there, either, and a decent movie to boot.  All in all, a thankfully uneventful OC today.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #974 on: June 07, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
Open Carried at the Holt Lions Community Kids Day at Valhalla Park.  Lots of activities like camel rides, petting zoo, balloons, facepainting.  Lots of women and children, no screaming and crying at the presence of a firearm.  Had a firefighter as me what I was carrying.  No other questions, no issues.

A couple Ingham County Deputies walked over and checked me out.  Didn't approach, didn't say anything.  A pair of deputies in a car slowed down and checked me out while I was walking out.  A fifth did a double take when he saw it.  But no issues.  As it should be.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #975 on: June 12, 2014, 10:26:09 PM »
OC'd while pumping gas at Speedway.  Another patron kept staring at me.  Oh well...

Also went to Home Depot to pick up some more lumber.  Making two doll beds this time.  No issues.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2014, 07:19:57 AM »
OC'd to dinner last night at the Olive Garden by the Lakes Mall in Muskegon.  No problems but I really don't think that anyone noticed the shiny hard chrome 1911 in my Serpa!  Most people go through life blissfully unaware of their surroundings!

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
OC'd while pumping gas at Speedway.  Another patron kept staring at me.  Oh well...

Just Smile and Wave boys... smile and wave:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #978 on: June 17, 2014, 08:02:27 AM »
OC'ed up and down gratiot this weekend for the cruise. saw quite a few people OC. lots of cops. some mentioned i was OC. nothing bad. they know the laws down in eastpointe. even the reserve officers they called in to help and st clair shores who was there with their golf cards and quads

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
was wearing my keep calm and carry on tshirt last night when i stopped for gas at the mobil on 16 and van dyke. i was pumping my gas as another OC'er with a nice 1911 came up to me and said he digged my shirt, asked where to get. had a breif convo. no one shot us or called cops. good evening