Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393057 times)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #640 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
+ 1 Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #641 on: November 29, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
Went to guns galore today in Fenton, MI and looked at some S&W M&P 15's. Left there and stopped for a quick lunch at McDonald's while open carrying. A few looks, one employee kept sweeping the floor around us. She was close enough to eaves drop on our conversation. Occassionally I would glance over and notice her smiling in response to our conversation. Good experience and uneventful.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #642 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:51 PM »
Good experience and uneventful.
The way it should be, glad to hear.

Soulfyre65

« Reply #643 on: November 29, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
Hey everyone. Tonight, I OC'ed at the Denny's that my wife and I frequent. Thought I would let everyone know, zero incidents occurred. Three waitresses and several patrons, and one of the mgr's noticed that I was OC...it was no big deal to them. It appears that the general public is becoming desensitized to it. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing: no more hassles....bad thing: criminals wont care that people OC.

I will post more OC adventures and experiences as they happen.

Have a great night everyone.

~Ron

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #644 on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »
Hey everyone. Tonight, I OC'ed at the Denny's that my wife and I frequent. Thought I would let everyone know, zero incidents occurred. Three waitresses and several patrons, and one of the mgr's noticed that I was OC...it was no big deal to them. It appears that the general public is becoming desensitized to it. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing: no more hassles....bad thing: criminals wont care that people OC.

I will post more OC adventures and experiences as they happen.

Have a great night everyone.

~Ron

Oh I think the criminals will always care that we OC.

Good to know about that Denny's
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #645 on: December 01, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
OC'ed at Applebee's and cinema Hollywood in Birch Run last night. No problems. I know a few people noticed and a several employees at the movie theater noticed, yet no problems. 
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #646 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
OC'ed at Applebee's and cinema Hollywood in Birch Run last night. No problems. I know a few people noticed and a several employees at the movie theater noticed, yet no problems.

Oh. Glad to know your CPL came in...?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #647 on: December 03, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
Well I did it for the first time today. Went to silver bullet first, so obviously no trouble there.  Then went and picked up a movie from the video store and pizza from Little Caesars. Both were dead, so it wasn't too bad. Right as I was paying for my movie though a lady walked in.  She stood real close behind me at first and out of the corner of my eye caught her looking down.  She then took a decent size step back.  I did have my 1 1/2year old daughter with me too.  All in all it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #648 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:20 PM »
My g/f, her daughter and I stopped in at the Dundee Dairy Mart. It was relatively busy. As I was standing back waiting on my g/f at the counter I did notice only one person noticeably interested in what I was carrying. A young man 10-12 years old with his mother was rubber necking around other customers to see my sidearm. No others noticed as far as I can tell. We left there and went to Walmart in Monroe to pick up eyeglasses for my g/f. We were there about 15 minutes with business as usual. It was a good night.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #649 on: December 05, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
Oh. Glad to know your CPL came in...?

Yes, came in the end of October.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #650 on: December 05, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »
Me and my 4 year old she loves to walk and every time we walk she always say do you have your gun. She tells me she can't out run a dog or crazy people I know shes glad I open carry with her. funny part is when people see us coming they put the dogs up instead of saying they will not bite  my baby loves the care free walks
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline Brianjvo

« Reply #651 on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:35 PM »
I obviously do not frequent the forum here often.  The last couple of years have been less than enjoyable.  I have been open carrying for almost two years.  Just recently moved to Greenville and I must say, that I have found no intolerance here so far.  I open carry everywhere, including Meijer and Walmart with no problems so far.

I was at one of our gas stations a month ago and a woman asked me if I was carrying a tazer.  I said "No.  It is a Glock 9mm"  She said "Oh"

Other than that, I don't think most people take notice.
“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #652 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »
OC'ed everywhere I went today as usual. Come to find out I went to an auto parts store today for a new air filter that had an armed robbery last night. None of the employees said a word and were actually very nice.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #653 on: December 18, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
OC'ed friday at Hurley medical center in Flint. Well, one of their buildings just outside the ER, no issues. OC'ed bed, bath and beyond, target, best buy and many other places around Flint. Today I walked through the Genesee Valley mall OC'ing, there really are no good stores there anymore other than a couple and Sears. No issues, few looks. FYI, was at Gander Mountain tonight, guess the talk from the white house geared some people up. Saw 5-6 AR-15 types being sold almost at the same time to different people.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:08:51 PM by ken243 »
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline GunGuy68

« Reply #654 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
OCed at Top Gun in Taylor a few weeks ago and was asked if I was a LEO.  I responded that I was a former LEO and asked why they wanted to know.  I was then told that they only allow OC for LEOs but CC was OK. When I asked why they gave me some BS answer about Range safety issues.  Guess I just made my last purchase from them...

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #655 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
OCed at Top Gun in Taylor a few weeks ago and was asked if I was a LEO.  I responded that I was a former LEO and asked why they wanted to know.  I was then told that they only allow OC for LEOs but CC was OK. When I asked why they gave me some BS answer about Range safety issues.  Guess I just made my last purchase from them...

I CC'd when I went in there last week to get my new FNS9.  If I had been OCing I probably would have CC'd if asked because 399 for a gun with MSRP of 629 was too good of a deal to pass up.  I quit going to Peter's because of their no OC rule and it sounds like I won't be going back to TG for my 3 months free range time. 

OT: I OC'd at the dentist the other day (again) when I removed my jacket.  Mostly been in CC mode with the weather.  I carry OWB in a Safariland 6280 most of the time but my Carhartt covers it pretty well.

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »
OCin at my local PD right now, waiting for a purchase permit.  They just got the FAX about HB 5225 and it taking immediate effect so I had to give them the run down on it because the test is no longer required.  Not sure if anyone has noticed me OC there's another guy waiting for a PP and I'm not sure if he saw it.  So far so good.  This is my 1st time OC while stopping in. 

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
OC'ed Meijer in Birch Run, Walmart in Clio and Bronners in Frankenmuth today, no issues.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline AAMitch

• MOC Member
« Reply #658 on: December 24, 2012, 07:34:13 PM »
I was at Meijer's in Ann Arbor twice today.   Nothing said.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:07 AM »
OCed as usual (Meijer, etc.) but today I OCed somewhere I usually never tread: my State Farm insurance agent's office.  No issues.