Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393159 times)

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #660 on: December 27, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
Open carried at TopGun today with my friend he has no CPL. Found out you don`t need a perchsesing permit any more as of Dec. 18, 2012. Took less than 30 mins. Also He Just did it with a State ID. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #661 on: December 27, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
Open carried at TopGun today with my friend he has no CPL. Found out you don`t need a perchsesing permit any more as of Dec. 18, 2012. Took less than 30 mins. Also He Just did it with a State ID. Carry On.

HB 5225
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #662 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
Open carried at TopGun today with my friend he has no CPL. Found out you don`t need a purchasing permit when buying from an FFL dealer any more as of Dec. 18, 2012. Took less than 30 mins. Also He Just did it with a State ID. Carry On.

FIFY

Offline fsr402

« Reply #663 on: December 27, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »

I found this out tonight at Gander Mountain. I really did not know jack about that bill.
Honestly I did not believe the guy when he told me you did not need one now. I just had to get one two weeks ago. lol

Offline rampage537

• First Name (Displayed): Greg
« Reply #664 on: December 28, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
OC'ed at CVS in ferndale with no issues, had a women walk up and ask me if I was a LEO. She talked to my wife and I for a few minutes and I directed her to the site for more information.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

The right of citizens to bear arms is just one guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard, against the tyranny which now appears remote in America but which historically has proven to be always possible. Hubert H. Humphrey, Senator, Vice President, 22 October 1959

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #665 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »
open carried into Suburban Ford of Waterford for an oil change. Nothing but the usual glances.

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #666 on: January 14, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »
Been OC'ing since late october, 2012.  OC'ed quite a bit. Nothing very noteworthy until today.

On my lunch break, I OC'ed at a Wendy's in Ann Arbor.  Had a couple gentlemen approach me (maybe 20's early 30's), asking me if I was part of MOC.  I said "yessir, I am!"

Wanted to share this because it's nice to know that not all people in Ann Arbor are arrogant! :)

Carry on (my wayward son).

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #667 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:25 PM »
  ;)    8) FUNNY Carry On Safely.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #668 on: January 14, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »

Top Gun in Taylor? As far as I know, they are not OC friendly. They've had a sign posted as long as I can remember that says essentially you can conceal carry, but all other weapons need to be unloaded and cased. Have they changed their policy?
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
Was there today two guys came in Open Carrying no one said a thing. Also it was not that many people in there. Carry One.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »
HB 5225

Did I just read this correctly that it is no longer necessary to get a purchase permit for a handgun in MI? Sorry, getting sleepy. Does that also mean for CPL holders that it is no longer necessary to provide, is it an R60 or R160 form either? Not necessary to register any more? Please clarify. Thank you.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #671 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:23 AM »
Did I just read this correctly that it is no longer necessary to get a purchase permit for a handgun in MI?
No PP needed for FFL sales.  Still need one for private sales.  RI60 (or new version) still needed.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #672 on: February 07, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
Open carried tonight at Staples, Walmart, and Big Blues Ribs in Monroe with my wife and mother, no issues about the gun as it should be. Did have one woman scold me for smoking as it was bad for my health *shrug* whatever.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #673 on: February 10, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
been out of the OC since last summer. not because i don't believe in the cause or rights and freedoms. my living situation with my siser and her husband and kids necessitated i CC. they were concerned about neighbors, kids friend's families, teachers etc. their house their rules so i agreed. all of which i ran into so probably good i complied. i understood.
moved to fenton in january and thought it was time to get back in the game. OC yesterday and today in fenton walmart. felt odd again after 6 months of CC. not a problem. no issues. was approached in the checkout from a couple in their mid 50's asking the legalities of OC and they couldn't find anything online. gave them MSP #86 info and this website. this reaffirmation encounter shows me there is more educating and a presence to be maintained. now more than ever. with eroding freedoms and rights..with the crazies coming out of the woodwork killing randomly i am glad to be back representing the respectful law abiding OC citizen that will help ease fears of the uneducated. in my 2 years of OC i know i responsible for starting at least 5 other people on OC. feels good to be back.
MOC ")
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline ocdetroit

« Reply #674 on: February 10, 2013, 10:01:26 PM »
Welcome back fellow O.C. Carry on Bro.. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »
OC'ed at the 2nd Amendment rally in Lansing with my Glock 20 and AR pistol. In the capital and at walmart in flint. Got a few looks at walmart but no comments or issues.  Oc'ed yesterday at Hurley medical center in Flint. Sat by 3 security officers for 15 minutes, not a word. Had to go up to on of the floors, one guy made a comment.
Guy: "Packin' in a hospital eh?"
Me: "Yup, you never know."
Guy: "I thought a hospital was on place you couldn't carry."
Me: "Can't carry concealed. With a CPL and open carry you are good to go. Take a look as MSP update 86."
Guy: "Hmmm. Didn't know that. Thanks."
Me: "Sure thing, have a good one."
Guy: "You too."

And as always, Oc'ed a ton of other places with no issues.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
I have a dear friend that owns Sugar Gliders.  I've become very curious of the little animals as I consider getting my own some day.  I've read all sorts of information on the Internet, but have desired a more holistic source.  The idea struck me!  My local library!

So this evening I walked myself into the downtown branch Capital Area District Library (my local library -- nearest branch to my home).  Being a warm 20-some degrees, I saw no need to wear a jacket on the 100 yard trek from my car to the door.  The neighborhood, however, did look suspect!  I decided the most prudent thing to do would be to take my firearm with me, openly carried as to deter any possible hoodlums.

I walked to the nearest  electronic card catalog (which the ones when you first enter the library happen to be right next to the children section), sat down for a moment and entered "Sugar Glider".  Withing a moment I found a book and the decimal number under which to find it -- and what floor it was on.

I took myself up to the second floor, walking by one of their security guards on the way (it's hard to walk through the library without crossing one -- the place must be very dangerous) and found the book I was looking for.  I took said book to a nearby table and sat where I read it for two hours.  I was left mostly alone and in peace, with the exception of the rather loud and obnoxious announcement (that is proceeded by an awful tone) advising patrons the library is closing in 30 minutes.  You'd think the tone and announcement was designed to wake homeless people -- it's so loud and annoying!

Anyhow, I took the book to the checkout area where I checked the book out and proceeded home.  Overall, the evening was uneventful (as one would hope).  During my two hour stay a security patrol came by 3-4 times -- which I suspect is their normal patrol.

That's all -- just another day in the Library.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
I have a dear friend that owns Sugar Gliders.  I've become very curious of the little animals as I consider getting my own some day.  I've read all sorts of information on the Internet, but have desired a more holistic source.  The idea struck me!  My local library!

So this evening I walked myself into the downtown branch Capital Area District Library (my local library -- nearest branch to my home).  Being a warm 20-some degrees, I saw no need to wear a jacket on the 100 yard trek from my car to the door.  The neighborhood, however, did look suspect!  I decided the most prudent thing to do would be to take my firearm with me, openly carried as to deter any possible hoodlums.

I walked to the nearest  electronic card catalog (which the ones when you first enter the library happen to be right next to the children section), sat down for a moment and entered "Sugar Glider".  Withing a moment I found a book and the decimal number under which to find it -- and what floor it was on.

I took myself up to the second floor, walking by one of their security guards on the way (it's hard to walk through the library without crossing one -- the place must be very dangerous) and found the book I was looking for.  I took said book to a nearby table and sat where I read it for two hours.  I was left mostly alone and in peace, with the exception of the rather loud and obnoxious announcement (that is proceeded by an awful tone) advising patrons the library is closing in 30 minutes.  You'd think the tone and announcement was designed to wake homeless people -- it's so loud and annoying!

Anyhow, I took the book to the checkout area where I checked the book out and proceeded home.  Overall, the evening was uneventful (as one would hope).  During my two hour stay a security patrol came by 3-4 times -- which I suspect is their normal patrol.

That's all -- just another day in the Library.

Of course I am sure the security was armed to protect you right?   :o  ::)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
Of course I am sure the security was armed to protect you right?   :o  ::)
STOP or else I'll yell STOP again!!!

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2013, 01:18:12 AM »
Of course I am sure the security was armed to protect you right?   :o  ::)

No. In fact, there were a few questionable type "patrons" lurking about.