Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393311 times)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
No. In fact, there were a few questionable type "patrons" lurking about.

You mean like you?  ;D
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
Yesterday was out quite a bit. OC'd at Meijer, Walmart, Staples and McDonalds in Monroe. No issues. one elderly gentleman and his wife saw me at Staples. He noticed my gun, smiled and nodded. Later OC'd at the dinner in Woodhaven, and at the Meijer there, no issues.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheSzerdi

« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
I haven't posted in a long time, but I've been working and staying home so nothing exciting happened . . . until today. Today I noticed my CPL expires in 2 days, so I went to the Wayne County Clerk's. The satellite office in Westland to be precise.

At the county clerk's I was told that since my CPL was issued in another county I could not renew it in Wayne County unless I had a local NRA approved training certificate. This boggled my mind as I know of no such requirement in the law. In fact, there is no such requirement.

Luckily when I posted my tribulations on the MOC facebook a number of lawyers were recommended to me. I contacted one Terry Johnson, who was very helpful. Terry contacted the gun board, who contacted the clerk's office, and Voila, they suddenly followed the law!

So, a big THANK YOU to Terry Johnson for getting this cleared up so quickly!

(Also, the Wayne Co. Sheriffs that I spoke with were very polite and agreed that the clerk's office was in error, but said they could do nothing about it. They did try to talk to the manager. Unfortunately she didn't listen.)

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
« Reply #683 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
Took an early morning ride on the Harley from Woodhaven out to Milan for breakfast at the "Famous" Milan Coney Island. OC'd the entire time. No problems, no concerns. Had a guy talk to me in the parking lot at the coney island. Asked if I ever got hassled riding the motorcycle and OC'ing. Told him I am a new biker, and have only OC'd a handful of times on the Super Glide, but that I haven't had a single issue.

He said he has OC'd a few times, but that he had the police called at Home Depot and a not so friendly reception at the Wal-Mart.

Told him to stick it out, that my experience is that it's becoming less of an issue, that people aren't freaking out and getting hysterical. That if we have  more folks who OC  fewer people will be uncomfortable around us.

All in all, I had a great 60 mile ride, a good breakfast, and got to exercise my 2A rights in the process. All before 10 am.

Carry on.
 :)
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #684 on: March 07, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
Today oc'd at walmart in livonia had fun no ammo walked around no body said a word to me about it my 1st time at walmart oc'ing
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #685 on: March 08, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #686 on: March 09, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »
Steel Magnolia & I OCed the Michigan Gun Owners' meet & greet at the Pizza Hut on Byron Center in Wyoming, MI. Met a lot of new folks, answered a lot of questions on OCing. It was pretty well attended; probably 30ish or more.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #687 on: March 09, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Steel Magnolia & I OCed the Michigan Gun Owners' meet & greet at the Pizza Hut on Byron Center in Wyoming, MI. Met a lot of new folks, answered a lot of questions on OCing. It was pretty well attended; probably 30ish or more.
OMG Nobody grabbed your gun and shot you with it???
You weren't the first one shot???
The Fudds' heads didn't explode at the sight of a gun???
You mean two worlds collided and nothing happened?!?!?
Somehow I get the feeling you're not telling us something...  :-D

Good job Ambassadors Bear and Flower!!!

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #688 on: March 09, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
OMG Nobody grabbed your gun and shot you with it???
You weren't the first one shot???
The Fudds' heads didn't explode at the sight of a gun???
You mean two worlds collided and nothing happened?!?!?
Somehow I get the feeling you're not telling us something...  :-D

Good job Ambassadors Bear and Flower!!!

It was a regular love fest. We'll probably do some joint activities in West Mi, e.g. fun shoot, dinners, lunches, etc.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #689 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
OC'd today at Speedway in Dundee then onto the Secretary of States Office in Temperance. Uneventful.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #690 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:01 PM »
OC'd today at Speedway in Dundee then onto the Secretary of States Office in Temperance. Uneventful.

Sounds like you live around me.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #691 on: March 28, 2013, 10:56:23 PM »
Sounds like you live around me.

I live in Dundee. I sort of met you when you guys were at Cabela's about a month back. I got to speak with the other 3 guys just not you. I work at the Walgreens right there and stopped in after work. Was at the secretary of state to get new license sticker for the car today since my birthday is Saturday. You live in Temperance? I'm usually at the Village Pizzaria in Temperance on Saturday nights running a Karaoke show. If it's close to you maybe you should stop by and say hello some saturday. Great Pizza!
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #692 on: March 28, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
I live in Dundee. I sort of met you when you guys were at Cabela's about a month back. I got to speak with the other 3 guys just not you. I work at the Walgreens right there and stopped in after work. Was at the secretary of state to get new license sticker for the car today since my birthday is Saturday. You live in Temperance? I'm usually at the Village Pizzaria in Temperance on Saturday nights running a Karaoke show. If it's close to you maybe you should stop by and say hello some saturday. Great Pizza!

I live in Erie, so pretty much a stones throw away. Would be great to meet up. Around what time are you there, and are they OC friendly?

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #693 on: March 29, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
My 1st leo stop w/ocing told the lady I have my cpl and my hand gun was on me she said cool just don't reach for it gave her my papers she told me my one of my brake lights is out and get it fixed and let me go she was cute too I like livonia leo's never gave me a hard time about anything. After work oced all day always get funny looks but no mouth with it so today was a good day.
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #694 on: March 29, 2013, 04:07:11 AM »
I live in Erie, so pretty much a stones throw away. Would be great to meet up. Around what time are you there, and are they OC friendly?
The show at the pizzeria is from 9pm - 1:30am on Saturdays. Right near the corner of Lewis and Temperance on Temperance just a couple doors down from the VFW. It's a pizzeria/bar. Pretty much bar after 10pm. Whether or not they are OC friendly I am not sure. I don't push the issue because I work for them. Although one of the owners is a member of the gun club on Smith Rd. right by the airport. What his feelings are about OC I haven't a clue. I'm a member of the Dundee Sportsmans Club.

– Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #695 on: March 29, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
Well then perhaps I will stop in and "test the waters".

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #696 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
Well then perhaps I will stop in and "test the waters".
It's a fun place! What's the worst that could happen? They tell you NO!

– Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #697 on: March 30, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »
It's a fun place! What's the worst that could happen? They tell you NO!

Pretty much  :D

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • I don't dial 911
« Reply #698 on: April 02, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
Open carried at Walmart and Verizon in Monroe. No issues. I was half expecting trouble at the Verizon store based on some peoples experiences, but no one even gave me a  second look.

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #699 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
I oc'd at Crossroads Mall in Portage last Saturday evening. No issues. I had multiple security guards walk past, but they did not pay attention, so not sure if they even saw it. I did not see any signs at the entrances I have used. I was in Sears, JCP and a few other stores.

We then stopped at Ritters, no issue, and then Wal-Mart, no issue.

Last night I oc'd at Crossroads Cinema, and no issues. I was not there very long, was going to buy tickets for my youngest and his friend, and the movie they picked was rated 'R', so they couldn't watch it, because I was not interested in it.

We went to Applebees on Westnedge as a consolation, and no issues.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown