Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393089 times)

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #760 on: June 08, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
OC'd on bike again to Menards and Arby's on Sternberg and Home Depot in Grand Haven.  NP. 

Offline fsr402

« Reply #761 on: June 11, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »
OCed my nano at Bagger Daves in Grandville. Sat in a booth with my strong side out.  No issues and no one laughed at me.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #762 on: June 13, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
My g/f and I OC'd at McDonalds in Dundee then from there to Sam's Club in Saline where we OC'd for at least an hour and a half. No issues as it should be.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline Kutter616

« Reply #763 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
My first open carry experience.  Went to MOC BBQ in Grand Haven.  :)
OK, not much of a stretch for an experience, but ya gotta start somewhere.
Met a lot of great, friendly and knowledgeable folks, had a great time with lots of great food!

I'm just sayin...
Gun control zealots believe that persons who would commit violent crimes would never violate a gun law.

NSA, the only branch of government that's listening!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #764 on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »

Met a lot of great, friendly and knowledgeable folks, had a great time with lots of great food!

I'm just sayin...

Oft times the best way to start is with experienced company.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
« Reply #765 on: June 16, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »
OC at Lowes and Zips in Gaylord. Zips was having a blessing of the bikes. Met some good folks from the Sons of Liberty Riders.
Had a few approach me because I was wearing my MOC t-shirt. One lady asked another " Is that Phil " LOL Those of you that have met me, may get a laugh out of that. I did. A few are MOC members, but many are very aware of our cause.
Me,,,Phil,,,, Still laughing!!!!!!!
North East Michigan Coordinator

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #766 on: June 17, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »

I'm just sayin...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Thanks for coming.

Offline Kutter616

« Reply #767 on: June 17, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good time. Thanks for coming.

Thanks bigt!, If you didn't already know, you sat by me and my woman while we all ate and had some great conversation.

Got with the designer at work today and we will be working a couple of those recorder clips, making a few subtle tweaks.  Asking $10 a piece, will let you know when they are done later this week and you can let me know then if you are interested in one.

Thanks again for the conversation and thanks to MOC for the event!
Gun control zealots believe that persons who would commit violent crimes would never violate a gun law.

NSA, the only branch of government that's listening!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #768 on: June 18, 2013, 12:58:33 AM »

OC at Lowes and Zips in Gaylord. Zips was having a blessing of the bikes. Met some good folks from the Sons of Liberty Riders.
Had a few approach me because I was wearing my MOC t-shirt. One lady asked another " Is that Phil " LOL Those of you that have met me, may get a laugh out of that. I did. A few are MOC members, but many are very aware of our cause.
Me,,,Phil,,,, Still laughing!!!!!!!

I am younger, balder, and better looking… ;)
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #769 on: June 18, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »
I am younger, balder, and better looking… ;)

Well I will grant you the balder part.  ::)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #770 on: June 18, 2013, 02:28:36 PM »
Well I will grant you the balder part.  ::)
that's why his screen name is The Cue
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #771 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »
OC around the neighborhood on a walk and at the Waterford Meijer.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #772 on: June 20, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
A few good times yesterday. I had to so into both the Village and Township of Paw Paw's offices yesterday. The clerk at the village office and I had a good discussion which started with "with that side arm you can go where ever you want". Later in the day I was talking to a delivery driver who asked about my holster and said he carried when he could (no CPL). Both of us being correct handed we discussed the lack of holster options. Along with a new employee asking questions as he recently moved from Ca.

This has been the most interaction in one day than I've ever had.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #773 on: June 21, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
two notable items OC yesterday..stopped at a speedway in fenton (why are there 2 speedways 200 yards apart from each other?) and the young man cashier told me i'm not the only OC that comes in there. said there were two yesterday. thanked him and said ,"I like to hear that".... stopped at gas station in milford on my way home from work 11 at night.. while pumping gas a young guy needed the squeegee for his window which was right next to where I was pumping gas..he said "just getting this. is that ok? don't want to get shot". I gauged his level of seriousness and found him to be joking. made me think....
I've encountered this before. someone accidentally bumps me with their shopping cart at walmart or something and they go super apologetic like that was going to be the last straw I was looking for to go on a shooting spree. i'm not a big or imposing guy. those that have met me at MOC social functions can see that. I am a pretty congenial guy and more than willing to talk to anybody interested in OC. I present a good profile of OC I like to think. I like to think we are where we need to be with law enforcement but still need to work on our image to the public.
MOC
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #774 on: June 23, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
OC'd yesterday at the Waterford Meijer and the Speedway at Cass and Elizabeth Lake Roads.

OC'd at Microcenter in Madison Heights today with my two year old daughter strapped to my back and the Serpa attached to the carrier.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #775 on: June 23, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
OC'd yesterday at the Waterford Meijer and the Speedway at Cass and Elizabeth Lake Roads.

OC'd at Microcenter in Madison Heights today with my two year old daughter strapped to my back and the Serpa attached to the carrier.

I was there about an hour ago too.  ;D

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #776 on: June 25, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
OC'd at Waterford Aldi and Meijer. Hit the Speedway at Cass and Elizabeth Lake Roads.

No issues.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #777 on: June 26, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »
Went to the Meijer on west main and 9th in Oshtemo yesterday. The greeter at the door actually noticed I was carrying and we had a small chat. Nothing said by the greeter and I wasn't followed. On the way out I saw her again and we chatted again. I expressed my appreciation in the fact that she did indeed notice. She was actually paying attention to people who walk into the store (aware) and to be honest that makes me feel good.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #778 on: July 02, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
Went for a walk today with my two drop kick dogs, wife, and neighbor's kid who my wife is occasionally watching.  Received the customary drive by from the local LEO.  I know it wasn't the normal cruise through the neighborhood, because he had to turn around to come back by me :)  I waved, he waved back.  I'll have to remember to grab next weeks paper, they blog all the dept's calls!

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #779 on: July 02, 2013, 11:26:13 PM »
For those who don't know, my wife is 35 weeks pregnant. We were in for a regular checkup to the doctors this afternoon and they told us they wanted us to go over to the hospital to have a few tests run as a precaution. Quick jump ahead, everything is ok, all tests came back fine. 

The OBGYN is right across the street from the hospital and there is a walkway over the street.  Two nurses brought us over with my wife in a wheel chair (SOP I guess). Normally I conceal my XDS IWB at the doc's. That way my wife doesn't have to worry about any problems there, and I can still be armed. However, being that we were headed into a hospital, I had to take my IWB out, tuck it between my belt and shorts and then tuck my shirt in behind the gun while we were going through the walkway. When we got to the other side, and got into the elevator, one of the nurses noticed and kinda had a look on her face like 'that wasn't there before'.

In the end, while there were numerous funny looks, not a thing was said. Not even in the maternity ward. Cross another PFZ off the list.

FYI, hospital was Spectrum in Grand Rapids.