Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393092 times)

Offline casper

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #860 on: November 08, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »
Deleted post.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:08:47 PM by casper »

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #861 on: November 09, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
I open carried at woodland in holland and did not see any sign until I was leaving. It was posted on the wall next to the doors. I stated something like only law enforcement allowed to have firearms.
I live near rivertown but have never OC'd there yet.  I have not run into any issues in the grandville, jenison or hudsonville area. Everyone seems open to OCing.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #862 on: November 21, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »
OC'ed at my apartment complex's first ever Community Watch program..

around 12 people showed up.  2 officers from the Washtenaw County Sheriff's office, and one man from the private security company that patrols here.

Had great conversations with both cops and the private security employee.  Asked deputy Brian Webb if he was familar with MOC, he responded "Oh yea, i've heard of them.  I actually did a lot of research on them.  I'm for them 100%."

had several people ask me "do you work for Signal 88?" (the contracting company) I responded: "Nope, just a man that likes to be prepared, and show the community that not all guys with guns are bad guys."

I don't think a lot of people were particulary troubled with my carrying.  that may or may not have to do with the fact that 1/3 of the people were armed  ;D

Offline Smashfacekrav

« Reply #863 on: November 22, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Grocery shopping at Aldi's in jenison when an older couple (60's) got in line behind me and the gentleman stated, were gonna stand next to you young man. When asked why he nodded toward my 1911. He then began to talk about other firearms and keeping a weapon at home.  It was a nice experience. Chalk one up for us good guys.

General George Patton

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #864 on: November 24, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Grocery shopping at Aldi's in jenison when an older couple (60's) got in line behind me and the gentleman stated, were gonna stand next to you young man. When asked why he nodded toward my 1911. He then began to talk about other firearms and keeping a weapon at home.  It was a nice experience. Chalk one up for us good guys.

General George Patton

I've carried there often; has never been an issue. The only issue I've ever had is at the Family Fair in Hudsonville (Port Sheldon/ 28th) I wasn't really asked to leave, just was told by a manager as I was leaving that she really didn't want anyone but "Police" to carry a gun in "her" store. I've gone there rarely since then. The few times I have, I've gone OC while she was there. I haven't had any other contact with her.
Oh, and then there was that Ottawa County Deputy with an attitude at a local gas station, but the clerk was fine with it so the deputy's opinion was immaterial.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline Jeff

« Reply #865 on: November 24, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
she really didn't want anyone but "Police" to carry a gun in "her" store.

I can't stand those people.  All scared that there is a gun around, but ok if it's on a cop.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #866 on: November 25, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »
I can't stand those people.  All scared that there is a gun around, but ok if it's on a cop.

Wonder how she feels about bodyguards? If she's OK with that, then we're all good...
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #867 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
Wonder how she feels about bodyguards? If she's OK with that, then we're all good...
Funny that you mention that. My wife went to the local convenience store that we frequent a couple days ago alone. The proprietor asked her where her bodyguard was.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Smashfacekrav

« Reply #868 on: December 06, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
OCed yesterday at pizza ranch in hudsonville, oh yeah it was kids eat free night. Wife and I did not know this prior to going.  No issues other than my sons friend yelling to his father while we were standing in line "dad he has a cool gun!"  I did politely ask his friend NOT to yell the word gun and briefly explained why. He said "gotcha" and got his pizza.  Overall, another pleasant experience.   Chicken broccoli Alfredo pizza was awesome.

General George Patton

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #869 on: December 26, 2013, 10:14:50 PM »
I put my EDC (Glock 26) on my ankle and brought the big brother (Glock 17) out for some fresh air.

This week I've OC'd at both the Mason and Okemos Meijers. The Wendy's near the Okemos Meijer.  The Radio Shack and Lowe's on Cedar, the Target on Edgewood.  And last but not least, the Speedway on Cedar just South of I-96.

One employee at the Okemos Meijer stopped and asked me were and how much to get a CPL.  A guy's eyes about popped out of his head when he saw me at Target.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #870 on: December 27, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
i get the same some times. people asking about how much a cpl costs, how long the process takes (in macomb its a long process to get in front of the gun board) took me 3 months to get an appointment. i havent had many bad oc experiences besides getting asked to leave a best buy. most places seem very tolerant unless their store policy prohibits open carrying or firearms all together

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #871 on: December 29, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Nothing really snazzy yet.  Just taking out the trash and retrieving the mail.  I have not had any interactions with people while carrying yet.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #872 on: January 11, 2014, 08:47:56 PM »
OC'd at Celebration North in Grand Rapids to see the Lone Survivor today.  No Problems.     A young fellow (22 or so) asked if it was a Kimber (no, it is a Metro Arms).  Other than that there were no comments, no funny looks, no issues.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »
OC'd at Celebration North in Grand Rapids to see the Lone Survivor today.  No Problems.     A young fellow (22 or so) asked if it was a Kimber (no, it is a Metro Arms).  Other than that there were no comments, no funny looks, no issues.
Never forget...
Operation Red Wings
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #874 on: January 11, 2014, 11:39:02 PM »
OC'd at Celebration North in Grand Rapids to see the Lone Survivor today.

Read the book back when it came out.  I don't know how faithful the movie is, but the book was good.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #875 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17:42 AM »
Read the book back when it came out.  I don't know how faithful the movie is, but the book was good.

I haven't read the book but I suspect my wife will be getting it for her reading list!  I'll probably have to fight her for first reading rights ..... which probably won't end well for me!   :o

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #876 on: January 12, 2014, 01:50:26 AM »
I haven't read the book but I suspect my wife will be getting it for her reading list!  I'll probably have to fight her for first reading rights ..... which probably won't end well for me!   :o
I haven't read the book either. But, I know the story very well. I was invited to the commissioning of the USS Michael Murphy by her Commanding Officer.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #877 on: January 19, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
Saw Lone Survivor today.  Good Movie.  but now to my experience:

OC'd at Barracks 616 on Saturday.  No one freaked out. Carry On

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #878 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:49 PM »
OC'd at the Hudsonville Public Library on Saturday morning. No issues at all.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline Beachman

• First Name (Displayed): Fred Hughes
« Reply #879 on: January 21, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
 I recently moved from Kalamazoo, to East Tawas, Mich. I opened carried downtown the other day, no problems to speak of, but felt a little uneasy, mainly, because I knew a lot of people in kalamazoo, up here, its much different....hoping to meet some open carry members in this area....any suggestions