Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393151 times)

Offline fsr402

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #920 on: March 17, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »
Oc'ed at Sara's pizza in Hudsonville No issues. My order was not ready ( they dropped it and had to make a new one) so I stood around for 20 minutes or so. Busy place, lot of people coming and going. One lady about my age kept a close eye on me but nothing else.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #921 on: March 17, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
Oc'ed at Sara's pizza in Hudsonville No issues. My order was not ready ( they dropped it and had to make a new one) so I stood around for 20 minutes or so. Busy place, lot of people coming and going. One lady about my age kept a close eye on me but nothing else.

I worked at Sara's in Grandville before they moved, wonder if it is the same owners. This was 25 years ago or so however.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #922 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
Walked over to Village Bike & Fitness in Kentwood, MI to pick up my bike.  A different employee was helping me than when I dropped my bike off on Saturday.  He talked just fine as soon as I walked in.  He got nervous as his speech began stuttering while he was cashiering me out. Walked back home.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #923 on: March 17, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »
OC'd while shopping with Anne (one of my partners) at Meijers.

A man behind us in line asked if I get bothered much while OCing (no). I told him of our website and he proceeded to tell me he was a CPL holder. It was a friendly encounter.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #924 on: March 19, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
OC'd last night at Applebee's in Monroe. No issues. One older lady smiled at me, nodded and said"nice". Older gentleman sitting near me just smiled and nodded. Went to Walmart after that, no issues there either, just as it should be.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »
You must be new here.

No, but I am getting confused. 

Offline bchapman833

• First Name (Displayed): Ben
« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
OC'ed for my first time this evening! I was very paranoid about doing it but it turned out great. OC'ed at Renegade River in Spring Lake with the help of Ryan Adams. We went to inquire about holding a seminar. Keep a look out for details! Overall a great experience and looking forward to doing it again soon. 

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #927 on: March 25, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »
OC'ed for my first time this evening! I was very paranoid about doing it but it turned out great. OC'ed at Renegade River in Spring Lake with the help of Ryan Adams. We went to inquire about holding a seminar. Keep a look out for details! Overall a great experience and looking forward to doing it again soon.
good job, it only gets easier

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #928 on: March 25, 2014, 09:56:31 PM »
I OC'd in front of the Romulus City Council last night.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2014, 01:56:35 AM »
I OC'd in front of the Romulus City Council last night.

8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Raggs

« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
OCd at kids school for soccer meeting, no drama.

Offline 91 whiskey

« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
OCd at the GR city commission meeting last night with Tom.   I overcame my severe dislike for speaking in front of large groups long enough to get my point across during public comment and then sat down to listen to others.   There were no issues.   I came out with a realization that the city sure has it's nose in a lot of places that it doesn't belong. I also found out there was a group collecting signatures for a ballot proposal that would place term limits on elected city officials.   I made sure I signed before I left. :D
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:15 PM »
Different term limits then already in place?

Offline 91 whiskey

« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »
Different term limits then already in place?

As far as I know there are no term limits in place for elected city officials in Grand Rapids.
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #934 on: March 29, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »
on all my out of state experiences...ive been to every state east of the rockies pretty much that recognizes michigan CPL, open carried in those that allow so without issue, usually just at truck stops, though.

only problem ive had at all was making sure i was not printing at all in texas, south carolina and florida, but that is a separate issue.

in michigan ive been anywhere and everywhere, without issue....most recently i went to burger king and autozone in Holt today and plan to do some more errands later.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #935 on: March 30, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Off-Topic posts about Florida and printing moved here:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,3968.0.html

Please do not litter the experiences sticky!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #936 on: March 31, 2014, 09:12:58 AM »
OC'd at New Country China Buffet in Jackson yesterday.  Good food, with some good people.  Had no issue, except for the waitress not filling my water fast enough.  Other than that.. good experience

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »
OC'ed at gander with 30+ others this past friday in utica :)

no issues at all

saw lots of purdy pistols and met some good guys from the forums here. jeff showed up, area83 was there (good to put a face to the name) pat was there as well as scott.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #938 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
Was at a gas station in Dearborn heights last night OCing, clerk asked if I was open carrying or if I had a permit, had to explain that one...but he wasn't anti at all, I couldn't help but notice the obvious appendix area printing on him.

Also open carried at Mongolian BBQ in Ann harbor without issue.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
Open carried while disc golfing at old farm park in Kentwood Michigan on Saturday. Group of high school or young college aged kids in front of me. One kid asked me if I was carrying a 9mm. Then asked me it was a m&p. Told him it was a Beretta. The group behind me was two college aged guys. Always keeping 10 feet or more away from me while I was at the tee. No qualms either way.

On Sunday, went out to Felt Mansion and a city park right next door to it for more disc golf, which is sandwiched between Saugatuk state park and Felt Mansion.  Nothing much to report.  Windy day but did better for the second time out for the season.