Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 392920 times)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2014, 10:26:22 PM »
Carried at the Lowes on Cedar and the Target on Edgewood.  No issues. Walked right past Target security. He was absorbed with the vagrant out front begging for money and cigarettes.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Raggs

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #941 on: April 15, 2014, 07:10:26 AM »
OCd in city and county hall buildings in Grand Rapids dropping off my wife's CPL application was told 2 to 3 months. OCd at sheriffs office while she was printed. OCd in kids school to pick up cap n gown. OCd at Meijers and Walmart. Few people noticed but nothing said.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #942 on: April 18, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »
Earlier in the week I went to Caledonia Meijer for biweekly food shopping.  I went over to Target to pick up a rice cooker.  No problems there.  Went in and came out.

Today I went to Heritage Park in Grandville to play 18 holes of disc golf.  My second round through the 9 hole course, ran into a guy and his kid playing.  First person ever to talk to me while OCing. He asked me if I was  LEO or an Open Carry advocate.  Played a few holes with them before I took off.  Gave him the OC pamplet and informed him of the seminar we were having on Saturday.

After that I ended up going to At Home in Jenison.  Then over to Qdoba by the Mall. And went home.  no problems at all.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
all over around the state lately, menards in lansing, ironhorse pub in durand, subway in durand, flying j in saginaw, hardware store in onaway, jays sporting goods, woodwinds restaurant in onaway, grocery store in onaway, meridian firearms.

and numerous places out of state.

as per the usual, no fleeing children, hysterical moms or mass shootings took place.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #944 on: April 21, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
So happy to have the warm weather upon us. So lets see I've open carried everywhere that is legal and had no problems at all. Thursday, I talked with a guy during my daughter's tee ball practice (on school property and yes I have a CPL) for a while and no issues at all. Friday I was in Perry and stopped at a McDonalds and had a guy ask if I get hassled about it, told him no and he said "good for you, keep it up". We talked while waiting for our orders and gave him a couple recommendations for drop holsters so he could carry on his motorcycle. Saturday went shopping with the family and saw a fellow open carrier which was refreshing.

Interviewing for a job in west Lansing this week, anyone get hassled while OC'ing in Lansing?

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #945 on: April 21, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
City of Lansing for the most part is....afraid....to even look twice at open carriers, they have gotten far too much bad press over the years and have dealt with it before so they cant play the whole "we didnt know what we were and were not allowed to do so forgive us" card. heck, me and TheQ even got on LPD about putting out over dispatch a be adviced there are open carry subjects walking downtown thing....we took offense to being called subjects.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #946 on: April 21, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
City of Lansing for the most part is....afraid....to even look twice at open carriers, they have gotten far too much bad press over the years and have dealt with it before so they cant play the whole "we didnt know what we were and were not allowed to do so forgive us" card. heck, me and TheQ even got on LPD about putting out over dispatch a be adviced there are open carry subjects walking downtown thing....we took offense to being called subjects.

Nice to know, thanks.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #947 on: April 22, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
A really really boring day OC

Went to the carpet store to pay for the recent installation
Went to lunch at a diner
went to a cell phone repair site, barely got noticed as I walked in the door by the window washer
Did cover up at Art Van, not sure if they were pro or not... long story, gotta keep the boss happy
two tractor supply stores... another long story
wandered around sams club, the only person I noticed looking was at the gas pump

Nobody screamed, nobody shot me, nobody stole my firearm, and no car crashes.

Like I said a really boring day.  I'm going to go back to CC if this is all there is to it :)

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #948 on: April 22, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »
As I prepared to walk my dog after getting home from work, I noticed that the abandoned, tax-sale property's front door was open.

It stayed closed with all the blowing this winter, so I knew something was up.

I called 911 to report it, since the village non-emergency number is only covered during business hours.

They showed up in about 10 minutes. First responder in one of the new fancy SUV's, then I assume the chief, in one of the old patrol cars.

I walked up to the car, when it arrived, OCing.

They either did not notice, or did not comment. I'm betting did not notice. Black gun, black holster, black jacket and jeans, easy to miss.

Of course, it is the county's responsibility, so they won't secure it, just keep an eye on it. I figured as much, but thought they should at least know.

My nosy octogenarian neighbors will keep watch when I'm not home.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #949 on: April 22, 2014, 07:58:18 PM »
went to Art Van Pure Sleep over by Cabela's in Grandville, MI.  Very prompt and friendly service. Guy asked me if it was a Beretta. I said yes. He even took my money happily.

Offline FASBOLD

« Reply #950 on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
OC'd at the Vicksburg Village Hall.

The women behind the counter were all seated, the counter is tall, so my gun was not visible to them.

Not sure they noticed at all.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
~ Unknown

Offline FASBOLD

« Reply #951 on: April 26, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »
OC'd all over today. Started at Merlin's in Portage for an oil change, ended up needing new tires. No one seemed to notice. Finally, one woman who was gathering her stuff to get her car after service said, "Hey, you're packin'!" I said, "Yes I am." I was the only customer left at that time, and the guy behind the counter did not say anything.

I stopped at On Target on West Main and D&R. Then I stopped by Bullets & Barrels in Richland. All three gun friendly, or at least no comments.

I then went to Freedom Firearms in Battle Creek and got in some target practice. One family came in, a man and his wife and daughter and either his mother or mother-in-law. The grandmother said she was pretending she wasn't there and didn't want to go shoot. She said that she was there to protect her granddaughter. One of the guys who works there said, "That's what we're here for." I chimed in, "It would take either a fool to come in here and try something." Then she said she was there in case she got hurt. "You know, if she did what's this?" as she motioned looking down the barrel of a gun. Great, an ignorant hoplophobe who thinks her granddaughter is stupid, and that the dad won't teach her gun safety. They must have had plans for after the range, or I'm sure they'd have left her at home.

In my travels, I stopped at the Speedway on the way to Richland and the one near Freedom Firearms on my way back home. No one said anything.

I stopped at Texas Corral for supper on my way home, the whole new tires thing put me a couple hours behind schedule so I couldn't make it to Watervliet. While in the restaurant, I sat in a two person booth, but my gun was away from the aisle. Going in and coming out, no comments, so no telling if anyone noticed.

When I got home, I took the dog for a walk and one of the Vicksburg police was driving by. We were traveling in opposite directions and I was on the sidewalk on the side of the street where my gun was away from him. If he saw it, no comments or stop.
~ Abraham Lincoln
~ Unknown

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #952 on: April 27, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »
Went out with my wife for a short walk today. Both of us were open carrying.

Ran into some other people that were also open carrying. About a hundred or so. People with their families. Some with their pets.

Then I went to a restaurant with my wife to eat. There were probably 40 people in there that were open carrying too.

Was something going on today?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #953 on: April 27, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »
Went disc golfing with 2 of my brothers and 3 of my nephews at Old Farm on Saturday.  Had one guy who went around me, looked at me up and down them mentioned that he is going to the next hole.  He was friendly during our conversation but his body language told me different.

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
« Reply #954 on: April 28, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »
Went out with my wife for a short walk today. Both of us were open carrying.

Ran into some other people that were also open carrying. About a hundred or so. People with their families. Some with their pets.

Then I went to a restaurant with my wife to eat. There were probably 40 people in there that were open carrying too.

Was something going on today?

Thats funny! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Its like it was organized or something

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
Home School Outing while Open Carrying.
« Reply #955 on: April 29, 2014, 03:06:08 PM »
Took my 5 year old daughter at the 2A march in Lansing.  We went into the legislative chambers for her government and civics lesson.

Then we walked to Impressions 5 Science Center.  The new light/laser exhibit is now open.  There were a couple of schools that had students there on a field trip.  Open carried my G17, no issues.

Walked back to the capital building for hot dogs and the 1pm announcement.  Total distance walked was a little over two miles. 

Went to the Biggby at Cedar St. and Edgewood for coffee and a smoothie.  We talked to reinforce some of the things we learned.

No issues, as it should be...
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

« Reply #956 on: May 05, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »
Went to play a quick 18 at Old Farm park disc golf course, in Kentwood, MI.  Walked up to a group of about 7 college aged guys. They asked if I wanted to play with them for the last 2 holes.  On my way up to them, one exclaimed "Don't shoot me, I bleed red."  Another said . . "I'm brown." Another guy said, "Oh I didn't even see you were carrying".  Then one guy tried to ask me " Is that a Glock 9?  Glock 45?  Im not even close am I."  Then a guy handed me a pamphlet for a House of Rep candidate.  I proceeded to ask him "What is his stance on the 2nd amendment?"  He said "What is that?"    I declined playing with them.  One guy had an open growler of beer almost gone.  Other smelled funky.  I threw and just walked on by.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #957 on: May 05, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »
7 college aged guys...I proceeded to ask him "What is his stance on the 2nd amendment?"  He said "What is that?"

We're doomed as a nation.

Offline Deerok

• Seconds the first loser
  • First Name (Displayed): Deerok
« Reply #958 on: May 10, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
Oc'd at barnes and nobles, andy tackle box, Banana Split Heaven in Melvindale.

didn't Oc at walmart nearby, but i saw a guy who did, looked like he was carrying a sig

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #959 on: May 11, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »
OC'd at the Great Clips on Marsh Road.  Then went to Menards and Meijer off of Cedar Street.  Stopped at the Meijer gas station twice.  Once to purchase a propane cylinder, once to return it because it wouldn't seal on my grill. ;(  But alas, no issues with open carrying.

FYI, Meijers had Winchester 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP in stock.  Looked to be about 10 boxes of each.