Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 393346 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #980 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
OC'ed at JFK park in eastpoint doing some research for a upcoming event. nothing to report back, all was calm

Offline BP_Z28

• First Name (Displayed): Rolo
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #981 on: July 24, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
OC at somerset mall. Was asked to leave or conceal it. Happened to just conceal it (wife's bday and we are here bday shopping for her). Was approached by a single security guard. Nice man

I concealed my firearm but didn't bother to with my mag holster. Should I have concealed that also or no? I'm still here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:33:54 AM by BP_Z28 »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #982 on: July 24, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
no

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #983 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
OC at somerset mall. Was asked to leave or conceal it. Happened to just conceal it (wife's bday and we are here bday shopping for her). Was approached by a single security guard. Nice man

I concealed my firearm but didn't bother to with my mag holster. Should I have concealed that also or no? I'm still here.

I've open carried at Somerset Mall many times.  I never had security say anything to me.  I wonder if that is a policy change or an individual opinion.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline BP_Z28

• First Name (Displayed): Rolo
« Reply #984 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:27 PM »
He told me it was private property policy and they do not allow open carry.  Took less than 8 min in the mall to approAch me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline harleyh77

• First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #985 on: July 26, 2014, 12:04:22 AM »
Kalamazoo Gull rd Burger King, kid at the register was giving me change back and he shoved it in my hand. He said sorry man, i just saw that(pointing at my hip.) Says its pretty cool and tells everybody he works with that i was carrying and how cool it was.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Jeff

« Reply #986 on: July 26, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
OC'd at the Yale Michigan, Bologna Festival.  I saw two other people open carrying.  One looked like a Glock 21, the other a S&W M&P (only saw the grip).  The only interactions I had is a Cop waved at me, and a little kid asked if I was a cop.  I said no.  He said they why do I have a gun.  I just said because I'm allowed to.  I should have elaborated but his attention spawn was pretty weak he even stopped paying attention when he asked me why I had a gun.  I could have said anything and it wouldn't have even registered in his head I think haha.

I got to pet an alligator, about a 3 footer.  I could have also eaten one on a stick but it was $9. PASS.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #987 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:37 PM »
OC'd at Bass Pro Sop at Great Lakes Crossing to get my bow restrung.  There was an Oakland County Sheriff outside that didn't notice or didn't care, and nobody inside noticed or cared.  I had to have my bow checked and cataloged and all that fun stuff and the greeter didn't care.  I assume at least the Bow smiths/Archery pros noticed as I was standing there for an hour but they didn't care.  So all went well.

I was even barefoot with Conan's sword on my back. :sarcasm:

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #988 on: July 27, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »
OC'd while mowing my lawn.  One of the pool repairmen at the house next door noticed.  Then informed his two co-workers, who proceeded to gawk every time I drove by.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #989 on: July 27, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »

+1

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #990 on: July 28, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
OC'd at Bass Pro Sop at Great Lakes Crossing to get my bow restrung.  There was an Oakland County Sheriff outside that didn't notice or didn't care, and nobody inside noticed or cared.  I had to have my bow checked and cataloged and all that fun stuff and the greeter didn't care.  I assume at least the Bow smiths/Archery pros noticed as I was standing there for an hour but they didn't care.  So all went well.

bass pro is OC friendly. ive OC there many times on way up norht when stocking up on ammo

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #991 on: August 03, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
This weekend, I've OC'd at two different Speedways and Lowes.

OC'd (with CPL) at Great Clips to get a haircut.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #992 on: August 03, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »
This weekend, I've OC'd at two different Speedways and Lowes.

OC'd (with CPL) at Great Clips to get a haircut.

I thought lowes was one of those places that prohibit firearms?  Am I mistaken?  I thought I remember seeing a sign on the door at the one near me.  I could be mistaken, it has been awhile and I just use home depot because they literally opened a Lowes in the same parking lot attachment so I don't want to shop at Lowes just based on that DB move.  I'd say they are close enough for a non fat guy to run from Home Depots door, to Lowes door in less than a minute.  Seemed like a bad business decision to open there, divide half the customer base where neither would receive full profits from the area type of thing.  EH.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #993 on: August 03, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
I have open carried at the Lowe's in White Lake, West Bloomfield, West Lansing, and South Lansing.  Never had an issue at any of them.  I had a conversation about firearms with a store manager at one of them, while I was carrying.  He carries a Kimber and was interested in what I was carrying. 

I bought appliances and flooring and had plenty of interaction with staff. If firearms are prohibited at Lowe's, it will be news to me and their staff.  If there was a sign at a store, it's store policy, not corporate.

Interesting to note, Home Depot prohibits recording devices in their stores.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #994 on: August 03, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
Next time I go to Home Depot I will walk past Lowes and look for the sign to confirm if it was indeed there or not.  I THINK I saw one and refused to go inside even to look around the new store.  I remember something that made me say WELL to H E Double Hockey Sticks with you guys.  Although I wouldn't have purchased anything being as that I didn't agree with opening up right next to home depot anyways.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Home+Depot+-+Madison+Heights/@42.5025514,-83.1139252,1662m/data=!3m2!1e3!5s0x8824c57b6807748b:0x580c723423123a75!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x46b675a5f098c505

Not sure if that link will work but look what Lowes did, and they should be ashamed :p  :spank:

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #995 on: August 03, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
Home Depot prohibits recording devices in their stores.

As in you can't video or photograph items and prices and stuff or what?  Since when?  I carry my audio recorder in with me when I go.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #996 on: August 03, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »

As in you can't video or photograph items and prices and stuff or what?  Since when?  I carry my audio recorder in with me when I go.

Saw it on the door of one when I was looking for other "don't shop here signs"

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #997 on: August 03, 2014, 07:10:12 PM »
What signs?  :)

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Re: Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #998 on: August 03, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
I thought lowes was one of those places that prohibit firearms?  Am I mistaken?  I thought I remember seeing a sign on the door at the one near me.  I could be mistaken, it has been awhile and I just use home depot because they literally opened a Lowes in the same parking lot attachment so I don't want to shop at Lowes just based on that DB move.  I'd say they are close enough for a non fat guy to run from Home Depots door, to Lowes door in less than a minute.  Seemed like a bad business decision to open there, divide half the customer base where neither would receive full profits from the area type of thing.  EH.
What they can't see won't hurt them.  My audio recorder is carried where it can't be seen.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #999 on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:14 PM »
Sterile OCed downtown South Haven for the Lawn Tractor Pull on Water Street, then walked down to the pier and back up into town to retrieve my car. No problems, although I had several people approach and ask questions, mostly regarding my pistol (Make, Model, caliber and accessories), one foreign lady walked right up into my personal space and started asking me questions about the tractor pull, I assume she thought I was a cop.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010