Author Topic: List your Open Carry Experiences here.  (Read 390907 times)

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
OC'd at 5 mile, & Sheldon (Speedway) Also OC'd at 696/10 mile. Met two guys at the job site who were interested in OC, one had a CPL, and the other was looking for a class.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline JoeCar

Re: List your Open Carry Experiences here.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:04 AM »
Last Monday, my uncle and I rode our motorcycles to Caseville and back. He cc and I oc (open carry). I carried my Beretta 9mm in a brown hip holster. We stopped at Tim Hortons in Imlay City and various other stores and gas stations along the route. Some folks are stare-ers and others pretend you are not carrying. Either way, I had my voice recorder for the possible Leo (law enforcement officer) stop.
 We passed a few during the ride by nothing came of them. I think that they can see my clip on my belt, but I'm not sure. This means that they know that I'm exercising my right and will leave me alone. I previously coached my uncle on a possible police stop and he said that would be ok with him. Anyways, I think I'll carry some trifolds or mcl laws for those who stare but won't start up a conversation. I'm sure the info will make them more knowledgeable. Good experience!

Spacing added for ease of reading-MOC moderation team!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:19:55 PM by lil_freak_66 »

Offline FatMan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:42 AM »
OC at AB& Eats. No problems, a few people stared few pointed I smiled and kept walking. A news photographer supposedly snapped a shot of my son and I. He said he worked for the Observer.

We plan to go back today so my son can ride some rides. I plan to eat else where, we gave them to much money last night. We ate outside the compound and were told we had to throw away my sons untouched burger as we were not allowed to bring it in. That sucked it was a good looking burger from cafe habana, oh well

Why do you carry that handgun every place you go? Cause it's lighter than my shotgun.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »
Open carried at Art, beats and eats today. I carried my Beretta 9mm along with my wife and her daughter. I was very ready to have an encounter if it should come to pass. It didn't!! After i left the parking garage ($15) i encountered a leo outside of the garage. He said hi.
 I thought that was easy enough. We or I got more reaction from the various tourists during my 3 hour walk and shop around. My wife over heard people discussing the controversy, but no one said peep to me. Basically, they talked with their looks and amazement on those who were there as foreigners.
        Passed alot of Royal Oak officers and staff of the festival. Those security folks basically ignored me. I'm sure there were undercover "tourists" dogging me, but i can't prove it. It didn't matter, in that i'm a responsible gun owner. I was hoping to see a fellow carry-er, but it was crowded.
        It felt great to feel the Right of FREEDOM  in which some of our Founding Fathers died. It's up to us to ensure it wasn't done in vain and to pass the heritage on to our future generations. Only in America, and not in all States must we regard our firearms as our liberty teeth against tyranny and slavery. It was exhilarating!!

Spacing added for ease of reading-MOC Moderation team!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:03:21 PM by lil_freak_66 »

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
  • First Name (Displayed): Tyler
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
A friend of mine OC'd at a diner in Jerome near bundy hill offroad.

Hi Point .45 in an OWB,outside of his jacket,then a ruger(i believe a MK.II) in an unknown type of holster on the inside of his jacket on the opposite side for a cross draw type thing,but the ruger was concealed.

He is an ohio resident(has carry permit) first time open carrying and first time carrying out of state.

The diner changed owners since the last time we had been there,so the menu changed slightly,thats the only issue we had,as todd wanted the veal Parmesan they used to have.We had the same waitress as all of our previous times though,and we love playfully harassing her about school teams,she is a U of M fan,the ohio guys i was with are Ohio state,and im MSU,it was all in good fun though and she knows it.

Passed out a few tri folds to the people eating with us,they had thought that you had to be 21 to even own a handgun,one admitted he knew i could buy one at 18 legally but couldnt own it(how does that work out?)but after he read the tri fold he seemed to know alot more.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:18:47 PM by lil_freak_66 »
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 05:47:37 PM »
OC'd and CC'd while mowing my lawn.

CC'd in the front yard.  Then I got too warm and took my over shirt off and OC'd in the back yard.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »
I did the same thing today, both in the front yard, then in the back yard, that in the front yard again, all without a shirt on, but I wonder, does that really count? :-\
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
I love to OC in my front yard when i'm washing my car or truck. Or even mowing my grass and my two neighbor's also.
Went again to the Walmart in Livonia Mich. OC'd to pick up some rounds for my Glock 19. OC'd to gun range to shoot the box of 50. People in the Walmart were just looking no one said anything. Made sure i spoke to the customer svc. person on my way out. Soon as i hit outside crossing the walk a  patrol stopped so i could go across he looked right at my sidearm.
I just walked on to my car. Oh Yea also OC'd to my everyday coffee shop. I meet new people in there everyday. When i was at the gas station a older man asks it i was a cop. I said no just a LBC. He looked at my shirt a saw the words U.S.M.C. then said you are a Marine. I knew what he was trying to say. But i just said everything about me is legit  :) and walked out. Carry On.

Spacing added for ease of reading-MOC Moderation team!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:04:18 PM by lil_freak_66 »
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
OC'd yesterday thru Last night (sunday) at AB&E's enjoyed the concert at Mi Lottery stage, nobody seem to even notice or care, only one stinkeye from a RO LEO while in the VIP area but uneventful, after the concert had a brief run-in with Jonathan (non OC related) we resloved the issue and parted as gentlemen with no ill will over the conflict. after that walked over to acknowledge the Chief & exchanged greetings also a handshake , had a laugh or two, then parted ways, He was as always (in my experience) the consummate professional.

todays (monday) OC on foot was in the area of Kelly /Greyton / Morang / Harper & 7mile on Detroit's east side , was noticed on two different occassions by DPD cobra units, they gave me a friendly nod on both occassions, another uneventful OC day.
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Me and TheQ walked around holt and lansing tonight,no issues,other than my dog being lazy and forcing me to carry her part of the way back.
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc, any other organization, group, person or the law of this or any other municipality,state or country unless otherwise stated.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
Walked through holt today while getting a little Caesars pizza,some guy in his early 20s driving probably one of the most riced out cars ive ever seen(this thing had a coffee can welded on past the muffler,taped on spoiler,and truck nutz) did a triple take,but that was the only thing worth mentioning.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »
sorry been absent for a while on here. computer issues. needless to say if i'm on a jet that has to make an emergency landing in india - i'm dead. sure i have the death sentence there. my usual conversations with them include my opinions on them taking american jobs, requests to talk to only american citizens, and calling them liars for using an american name as well as how helpful they were in harboring most of the 9/11 suicide terrorists. "you were born in india and they named you frank? you can't even say frank and thats your name?"`
no real notable OC but hugely sucessful in recruiting new members to OC. been throwing out trifolds like a lawn sprinkler. my job puts me in contact with enough like minded people who seem very interested. my friend out of the army for one just bought a Taurus 9mm and a holster to start OC with me. she's going to take CPL class too but we are planning OC trips to help her get used to it.
good to be back on the forums. was feeling isolated. didn't OC at all at AB&E at all because i didn't know what had transpired and laying low with new job. missed you guys.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 06:38:43 PM »
I OCed on Saturday up in Frankenmuth during the Autofest!

Lots of nice, nice cars, and lots and lots of OC indifference. Which is good.

One guy who was the proud owner of a very beautiful, bright yellow '69 Camaro SS drag car, shouted "Yeah, 2nd Amendment!"

I even OCed at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant. No problems. :P
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
holster carried into Lansing police HQ and city hall.
no issues,other then Lansing still being a *insert word for male genitals here*   about my purchase permit.

then OC while messing around in the shed and then again later going for a walk.

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
took my friend out today for her first OC. she bought a taurus pt709 slim 9mm and holster. took her to 2 stores i already tested so knew there wouldn't be a problem. gander mountain and best buy west oaks novi. no issues or problems. even chanced old navy and no problem. gave her run down on the way. a few best buy employees asked about the law and i gave them the answers they needed. seemed genuinely interested. she was at ease with it all and wasn't self conscious at all. she noticed the no eye contact people and the people that go out of their way to look at you. also the overly polite people too. she loved it. welcome a new OCer guys.
after i dropped her off i went to a regular walmart i frequent and no issues and at my jeep loading groceries a guy came up to me asking about OC and introduced himself. said he wants to try it but nobody around here does it and was glad to see somebody doing it and thanked me. i think for every one person that says it there are a hundred that don't. he said he carries in detroit out of necessity but nowhere in the suburbs. a chance meeting but hope i convinced him. all in all a great OC day.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
Thanks for that info. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »
OCed at the Renaissance Festival!

No issues... though that is likely because everyone there had a sword.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
Open carried today on my Sportster. I got stuck in a stop and go line because of construction on Hill rd. and US. 23. I gave our cause lots of exposure in that 20 min. crawl. The first guy says to me through his open window: "Is that for irate drivers?" (He said that twice.) I replied: "Oh No, No." (2x)
The next comment was: "Is that a nine or a forty?" I replied: "It's a nine." (Beretta)  His passenger yells out: "You need to get one for your other side." I smiled. It was a good day to be out. Freedom in the air! Ps. Advanced Security lets take in a Tim Horton's break. Pick a time.

Added spacing to make post easier to read-MOC Moderation team!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:02:00 PM by lil_freak_66 »

Offline lil_freak_66

• Militia Marauder
  • NMVM
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »
Today at the Village Cafe in Vernon,no issues,Vernon LEO on lunch sat maybe 10 feet away,said hi to one another and that was it.

Then in Durand i went for a little walk,Police chief Tanner took a double take,but that was it.

Will edit to add this to post if i go anywhere else today,which is likely.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »
Today at the Village Cafe in Vernon

Do they still have the 'Jeannie Burger'?  If so, I need to stop in when I make it up there next time.

Then in Durand i went for a little walk,Police chief Tanner......

He busted me on my skateboard when I was teenager, more than once, way back in the 80's.   :-\

I am not sure he saw me when I was working on his neighbor's landscaping, but I have to assume he couldn't miss me in that subdivision.   ::)