Author Topic: Interruped while voting!  (Read 15111 times)

Offline khicks

Re: Interruped while voting!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
i do belive the reporter is wrong, during the time the polls are open, it is my undersatnding that, the right to vote over rides  pfz laws

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
Maybe the Media Director should be involved with this. He probably would be better prepared to disseminate the information to more than just the one media outlet.

And he probably would have been better prepared to properly disseminate accurate information to this one media outlet.

This is precisely why we have a Media Director in MOC. It does no good to have inaccurate information promulgated.

Even if a correction is printed, it will not receive the attention that this inaccurate information has received.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline emt805

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:52 AM »
And he probably would have been better prepared to properly disseminate accurate information to this one media outlet.
This is precisely why we have a Media Director in MOC. It does no good to have inaccurate information promulgated.
Even if a correction is printed, it will not receive the attention that this inaccurate information has received.

The reporter had the corect information. I am guessing he took the word of the Prosecuting Attorney over the information I pointed out on the msp legal update that I left with him.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
It's more than just dropping off a leaflet. The MOC has highly experienced individuals that are knowledgeable in the discussion of these matters to ensure that accurate information is not only provided, but also understood. This could preclude the interviewer from taking the word of another.

These resources are available to everyone. They should be utilized whenever practical.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
++ I heare that and i understand it. I will seek help. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
I know this thread is old but I’ve been away for a while and wanted to chime in on the subject.

Actually possessing a firearm in a voting booth is against federal law; when I lived in New England I worked the polls at a few elections as a polling manager and that was one of the topics covered in the training material each time; I just don’t remember the cite for it.  Unless something has changed since I last worked the polls in 2000.

On the other hand no one is supposed to approach you while your voting unless you ask for assistance; and for her to ask you to go place you weapon in your vehicle; I assume she wanted you to stop voting go put it away and then come back to finish the process, for her to do so was a criminal act and it would have invalidated your ballot preventing you from casting your votes.  You would not have been given a new ballot either.
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
cite please or it didn't happen!  (plus I really want to see it)
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 08:58:54 PM »
I know this thread is old but I’ve been away for a while and wanted to chime in on the subject.

Actually possessing a firearm in a voting booth is against federal law; when I lived in New England I worked the polls at a few elections as a polling manager and that was one of the topics covered in the training material each time; I just don’t remember the cite for it.  Unless something has changed since I last worked the polls in 2000.

On the other hand no one is supposed to approach you while your voting unless you ask for assistance; and for her to ask you to go place you weapon in your vehicle; I assume she wanted you to stop voting go put it away and then come back to finish the process, for her to do so was a criminal act and it would have invalidated your ballot preventing you from casting your votes.  You would not have been given a new ballot either.

ahhhhh no my guess is there will be no CITE as you cannot CITE what is not in the law.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
i agree, polling places are addressed on a state-by-state basis
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
So.... Yes or no... Is there a federal law prohibiting firearms at a voting station?

Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
So.... Yes or no... Is there a federal law prohibiting firearms at a voting station?

Daniel

I've been trying to find the information again but have been unable to locate it.  All I remeber from when I worked the polls back in the 90's and in 2000 we where told that Federal Law prohibited possession of Firearms at polling places during elections.  It sticks out in my mind because I was pissed that I had to secure my weapon in my car while working the polls.  It was the first time I had ever left my weapon unatended in my car.

Back then I never followed up on the claim and only took the word of the Elections Division that was giving the training.  They may very well have been blowing smoke.

I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
Thanks
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 04:29:20 AM »
Back then I never followed up on the claim and only took the word of the Elections Division that was giving the training.  They may very well have been blowing smoke.

Could it have been that you, as a polling place worker, were not allowed to carry a firearm?

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
Could it have been that you, as a polling place worker, were not allowed to carry a firearm?

Bronson

eh' Could be